The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190 A5

Nice Harv, it never gets more boring than applying RLM66, which to my eye is the dullest colour there is, but it has to be done on German planes and later you get rewarded with mottling or other advanced camo stuff :D.

These belts can be a pain, but I'm sure you know, that they are best assembled with the PE still on the fret. 

Keep on rollin'

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:23 AM, DocRob said:

If there's both, I choose brass, because I like to burnish it which leads to a very realistic Colour and appearance, better than paint and it's more rigid, specially on long protruding 20mm's.

Cheers Rob

I had not thought of this...this is today's golden nugget of knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, SapperSix said:

I had not thought of this...this is today's golden nugget of knowledge.

You are welcome, but don't forget to clean off any residues, especially fingerprints with alcohol, other ways, you will be able to be identified later ;).

A5 off topic end.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, harv said:

Well one done....harv

20200820_160700_001.jpg

Man, I struggle with those belts, too. So small and fiddly, whether they are RB or HGW. But light years better than the PE belts. I hate those so much, I'd rather cut my own out of paper than use them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks guys. Makes it more difficult that I'm only working with 1 1/2 eyes. Found out 3 wks ago I need cataract surgery on my left eye. Have an exam Monday with surgeon but dont know when the surgery will be. I know it's a piece of cake, had my right done about 8 yrs ago....harv

• Like 2

Looking good Harv,

Good luck with your eye treatment. Some years ago, a doctor found out, that I'm not able to see three dimensional at all. I couldn't believe it and told him, that I was always the best in abstracting three dimensional components and visualizing them while on university studying engineering. I'm mountainbiking, surfing, used to play baseball for 25 years and some years of American football and do very precise things while modelling. He explained to me, that the brain is able to take over the load and replicate everything to perfection. Until today, I have no probs whatsoever and use glasses only for driving in the nighttime (and a magnifier for rigging :D). I hope it will turn out equally good for you.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2