The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/16 Panzer 1 Takom.

MrFew

This post covers a few firsts as I could be described as an aircraft modeller.  So this is my first 1/16 scale tank and in fact my first tank model since I was very young a long time ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the kit and have set about doing more more tanks.  
It is also my first post on this forum and so please let me know what you think in a critical friend kind of way   

Takom 1/16 Panzer 1

Takom 1/16 Panzer 1

Takom 1/16 Panzer 1

Takom 1/16 Panzer 1

Takom 1/16 Panzer 1

Thank you, Andrew. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Andrew, first of all welcome to LSM and second :omg: that’s one heck of an introduction here. Beautiful weathering and the exhaust is stunning. Love to see AFV’s worn but not battered, you have this perfectly balanced, congratulations.......looking forward to more builds.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to LSM Andrew. Your Panzer I looks great, there are so many details to discover, which contrast the otherwise dominant DAK yellow nicely. Your painting creates a very good material appearance, steel looks like painted steel, wood looks like wood,..., a hard to achieve result.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Ho Lee Chitt!   What an entrance!!

Welcome to The Forums, man!  If you’re an aircraft modeler, you give me much hope.  Every single one of my attempted armor builds have ended in massive craters, so I rejoice!

And again, :respect:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much everyone I do appreciate your comments.  I am now into a WNW AEG. GIV (early) but have been bitten by the amour bug as I have just taken delivery of the wonderful 1/16 M5A1 Stuart tank by Classy Hobby.  I have never heard of Classy Hobby before but they have produced an excellent kit.  
Below is the cockpit of the AEG 

094B89DA-C32D-4E7E-83EA-81C0B50B51E6.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MrFew said:

Sorry I forgot this is an armour thread shall I remove the photo?  
Andrew. 

It’s your thread, you can post most anything you want. No worries. 

I just ordered the Stewart too, I can’t wait to open the box and check it out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

It’s your thread, you can post most anything you want. No worries. 

I just ordered the Stewart too, I can’t wait to open the box and check it out.

I think you will be very pleased with the Stewart, it certainly suits 1/16 scale.  I have looked at the Takom 1/16 scale Japanese tankettes and they look to be too small?  I think a 1/16 scale Bren gun carrier  would be a good idea if anyone Takom just happens to be reading this?  
Andrew.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had the good fortune to have bought a Tamiya Challenger II from the Iraq conflict for £10 in a charity shop and so will have a go at this before the Stuart and alongside my AEG.  

• Like 2

Challenger II box

Here is the next tank build.  

Challenger II

I have put the wheels on and have started on the rear end.  I have a detail set for this but on close inspection I don’t think I will use much of it as it seems to want to reproduce things that are already there and look perfectly fine?  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...