Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What!?!?!? New release from HK in 1/32! Not expected!

1to1scale

The Tante Ju has been announced for some time (hmmmm..... a civilian Ju ! Yummy :wub: ) by HKM. But it is apparently not the mystery release by HKM, supposed to arrive this month. Our resident mods with close ties to HKM are apparently in the know but can’t tell yet :rolleyes:

Hubert

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Hah!  not even a full kit.  Just a Lancaster snout.

That could work for me. Takes up much less space. Plus gives you an excuse to use the clear fuselage that they included in the full kit. 

• Like 2

After all the (self-generated and self-inflicted) hype, I have to say it is a bit of an anti-climax ( the analogy that comes to my mind is that we went to the theater for a Hollywood cliff-hanger blockbuster, to find it was in the end a verbose French « Art et Essai » film) :) ...

Still, let’s hope it generates plenty of cash, to support other HKM projects ... And, btw, in as much as I would love (and buy) a 1/32 Ju-52, I have some doubts whether HKM would be able to recoup their design and tooling investment In such a kit ...

Hubert

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HubertB said:

After all the (self-generated and self-inflicted) hype, I have to say it is a bit of an anti-climax ( the analogy that comes to my mind is that we went to the theater for a Hollywood cliff-hanger blockbuster, to find it was in the end a verbose French « Art et Essai » film) :) ...

Still, let’s hope it generates plenty of cash, to support other HKM projects ... And, btw, in as much as I would love (and buy) a 1/32 Ju-52, I have some doubts whether HKM would be able to recoup their design and tooling investment In such a kit ...

Hubert

I agree. Just can't see the Ju-52 being a big seller.

• Like 3

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

^^^ Those are missing a few radial engines, Ern.

The original Ju-52, Smitty. Made its name as a flying freight car long before Hitler took a shine to it. 

The three radials gave it better performance where the air wasn’t super thick at -30 degrees. 

Notice the original counterbalanced rudder used on the first few off the line and was soon changed to he straight style, along with being retrofitted to the entire fleet.   I assume the rudder must have been way too light compared to the elevators and ailerons 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’m more interested in the thousands of civilian possibility of the Ju.52..

831C09BF-7C1F-48A6-B50F-862047B774B3.jpeg

651476B1-169C-4D5B-8904-BEE087C43E38.jpeg

B3BF7D11-3C0E-4A2D-B56E-A908A79427A8.jpeg

Yes I know., but I'll pass on a conversion like that on an aircraft with a corrugated airframe. SOD for sure!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GazzaS said:

They knew announcing that they were gonna release a 'new' model would generate hype.  Bunch of assholes. 

SOP these days so far as advertising techniques go...

In late June, Mazda teased a short video online about a new model release; a week later it turned out to be a new AWD turbo Mazda3 variant to be made in Mexico for the North American market, that may not be manufactured in right hand drive so might never come to Australia. 

Quite a few here on the Mazda Forums a little disappointed with that let me tell you.

S

• Like 4

• Administrators
21 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Yes I know., but I'll pass on a conversion like that on an aircraft with a corrugated airframe. SOD for sure!

Depending on how it’s engineered, you might be right. 

But they sure are unique. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’ll be buying a nose section, with he intention of super detailing it. 

I’d love to learn to how to do oil canning like Martin does..

All you need is this and a few good swings:

NS2105B-1.jpg

:stirthepot:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

These one engine Zombie JU's look horrible, if I ever consider one, it will be Lufthansa or one with floats, but with three engines for sure.

Still shivering with the sight of these JU's and consider myself lucky, that I haven't seen them before, but now I will get nightmares :icon_eek:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2020 at 4:48 AM, 1to1scale said:

9B2EF448-9105-48A4-B974-38FE783B2416.jpeg

Wouldn’t this make a cool diorama in 1/32 (the DC-3 AND the Ju-52) :wub: ?
(Yeeah, I know ..l please don’t tell me about the space requirements, you spoils ...)

Hubert

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Wouldn’t this make a cool diorama in 1/32 (the DC-3 AND the Ju-52) :wub: ?

With careful setting you might be able to take a nice outdoor pic of the dio in front of the old Flughafen Tempelhof in the middle of Berlin, which is now defunct and an open space for everybody, a great area for recreation.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2