The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What are you reading.......

Bomber_County

The Duchess Countess (English Edition) von [Catherine Ostler]

Just started this, because it's about the live of the Duchess of Kingston, the very same woman, who owned the wooden ship, I'm actually building. She seemed to have been an illustrious person.

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Downloaded this today: 

Panzer General: Heinz Guardian and the Blitzkrieg Victories of WW II.

by Kenneth Macksey.

Screenshot_20220512-212911_kindlephoto-7383567.png

"It lieth low near merry England’s heart Like a long-buried sin; and Englishmen Forget that in its death their sires had part. And, like a sin, Time lays it bare again.........Oh, look a..........Squirrel !!

Where is this phrase...   minus the squirrel part, from?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

"It lieth low near merry England’s heart Like a long-buried sin; and Englishmen Forget that in its death their sires had part. And, like a sin, Time lays it bare again.........Oh, look a..........Squirrel !!

Where is this phrase...   minus the squirrel part, from?

It's from the poem URICONIUM by Wilfred Owen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've discovered audiobooks on Youtube.  I've been listening to the techno-thriller Act of Valor which flies under the Tom Clancy name while authored by two other dudes.  Still...   pretty good.

I love 'reading' books while I model.

• Like 4

A book originally published in 1961 by Shirer who reported in Germany up to the outbreak and then covered Nurember. He apparently then had access to state files.and diaries………I read it probably 40 years ago…….so here goes again….

F8776E3A-2E01-4050-A39E-830424EF4088.thumb.jpeg.d9a9a4da9e8b71a7e383dd3395a489e6.jpeg

• Like 7

• 7 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, Bomber_County said:

A book originally published in 1961 by Shirer who reported in Germany up to the outbreak and then covered Nurember. He apparently then had access to state files.and diaries………I read it probably 40 years ago…….so here goes again….

F8776E3A-2E01-4050-A39E-830424EF4088.thumb.jpeg.d9a9a4da9e8b71a7e383dd3395a489e6.jpeg

On page 1320 of 1711……………….

• Like 5

Not reading, but listening to this books narration..

Critic Reviews

"Beautifully researched and written, Into the Black tells the true, complete story of the Space Shuttle better than it's ever been told before." (Colonel Chris Hadfield, former Astronaut and Space Station Commander) 
"Brilliantly revealed, Into the Black is the finely tuned true story of the first flight of the Space Shuttle Columbia. Rowland White has magnificently laid bare the unknown dangers and unseen hazards of that first mission.... Once read, not forgotten." (Clive Cussler)

image.png.d5570f50ec6b8bf0e3ae4aadfb781fb9.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2022 at 11:38 PM, belugawhaleman said:

Currently reading; Band of Brothers  by Stephen Ambrose.

Screenshot_20220619-233206_kindlephoto-31634.png

That's a good read!You know they all met up back in the 90's in Bay St Louis MS a stones throw from like 25miles I would of like to of been a fly on the wall.Stephen Ambrose had a house over that way and Winters and alot of the characters in the book came down one summer.;)

https://www.wlox.com/story/970673/stephen-ambrose-dies-in-bay-st-louis/

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...