Jump to content

What are you reading.......


Bomber_County
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I also read Sakai's  book and I just purchased The First and the last after seeing

your post. It looks like a good read.

I'm liking it so far, I've read 34% currently. I have the ebook from Kobo, those are easy to carry around when traveling. Um, when traveling was a thing :(

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, telepatu said:

I'm liking it so far, I've read 34% currently. I have the ebook from Kobo, those are easy to carry around when traveling. Um, when traveling was a thing :(

I have the kindle oasis and I love it. Most,if not all of my book purchases are e books.

I have an Amazon prime account and many of the books I get are included free with

The prime membership.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

I have the kindle oasis and I love it. Most,if not all of my book purchases are e books.

I have an Amazon prime account and many of the books I get are included free with

The prime membership.

The prime membership is brilliant, I tend to only read the free ones. The civil war book I’m reading at the moment is amazing. Didn’t realise there were so many casualties in this conflict. The Civil War was never taught at school over here…….

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Reading this at the moment. Utterly fantastic and doesn't shy away from any detail from the Allied or German perspective. Also shows just how much loss of life there was in the conflict. Actually shocked me just how bad it was for the soldiers on both sides.

IMG_2395.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AlanG said:

Reading this at the moment. Utterly fantastic and doesn't shy away from any detail from the Allied or German perspective. Also shows just how much loss of life there was in the conflict. Actually shocked me just how bad it was for the soldiers on both sides.

IMG_2395.JPG

Remember going round the cemetery at Bayeux a few years back and there are some of the Hitler Jugend buried in there. My daughter would have been 17 at the time and some of the headstones indicated the occupants were the same age as her. That really shocked her and her younger brother. They were very quiet after that for a good bit.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

cassino.jpg.a45d5b9149660a73d596782bee31ed2d.jpg

Currently flying through this one. Very informative and takes a very even, dispassionate view of the strengths and weaknesses of all armies involved whilst emphasising the bravery of them all in pretty horrific conditions.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

797854719_ScreenShot2022-02-22at2_06_32pm.png.b31c25b8431826f1a288521e94044c7a.png
I've been listening more than reading these days. my most recent narrated book in

My current distraction are the memoirs of Maj. Gen. Charles W. Sweeney. The last military officer to command an atomic mission. 

 

Oh and the previous AudioBook was Bomber Mafia, Written and narrated by: Malcolm Gladwell

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 2.25.57 pm.png

Edited by IainMackayDall
Additional item
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Winnie said:

I just got this paper book for my birthday! Can't wait to dig in, Gladwell speaks well, so I can only imagine he writes well!

Yes, I found Gladwell's narration ( and writing ) really informative and diverse, covering details in length like the Norden bombsight and various operations in Europe and Japan.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...