Jump to content

What are you reading.......


Recommended Posts

This may have legs but it’s always interesting what others are reading.......

I’ll kick off, having been born in 3 Group area of operations, moved for awhile into 8 Group area and now in 5 Group area. It occurred to me I didn’t know a lot about 6 Group ie RCAF .....I’ve had this book awhile but haven’t read it for 30 years, well recommend it.....

063CE9D8-FA96-403A-88BF-048F6791FAC2.jpeg.9bb3d6077657d3ecd05d4bf665a1eebc.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

205051001-jpg

I bought the entire series (printed thus far) after seeing just one of them at my club's meeting.  So full of information and so many photos I've never seen before.  Each one covers a period and mentions each raid (near as I can tell), claims, losses, and eyewitness accounts.  I just finished 1940-early 41.  If the Nachtjagd interests you, these are a must.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GazzaS said:

bought the entire series (printed thus far) after seeing just one of them at my club's meeting.  So full of information and so many photos I've never seen before. 

All of Theo Boiten books are well researched and presented in a very informative way.......

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Yup, Just got in to Flight Safety in West Palm Beach!

Never been to that one, although I've been in and out of Signature next door a 1000 times.  How long is a recurrent for you whirlybird guys?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Winnie said:

Yup, Just got in to Flight Safety in West Palm Beach!

Harald, if you get go DFW, give me a holler. Tony and I both might be able to do lunch. We have a favorite burger/beer joint. 

Been trying to get Karim here, but be never gets here..

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TJTX the course is 8 days, shortened from the standard 18... a bit compressed and I still need to do the ride on the aircraft at home.

 

@Clunkmeister Unfortunately I won't be going on courses there anymore, april 2019 was the last time i managed that, at DFW south center. but unfortunately they sold the machine so now I go to Florida.

You're not talking Rodeo Goat are you? I love that place...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Winnie said:

@TJTX the course is 8 days, shortened from the standard 18... a bit compressed and I still need to do the ride on the aircraft at home.

 

@Clunkmeister Unfortunately I won't be going on courses there anymore, april 2019 was the last time i managed that, at DFW south center. but unfortunately they sold the machine so now I go to Florida.

You're not talking Rodeo Goat are you? I love that place...

I generally go to Angelo’s in White Settlement, but Tony and I frequent Tolbert in Grapevine. Close to D/FW, his home, and my shop.

well, we’ll need to do Vegas if you make it. Trying to rope Karim and Tony into getting there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...