The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What are you reading.......

Bomber_County

This may have legs but it’s always interesting what others are reading.......

I’ll kick off, having been born in 3 Group area of operations, moved for awhile into 8 Group area and now in 5 Group area. It occurred to me I didn’t know a lot about 6 Group ie RCAF .....I’ve had this book awhile but haven’t read it for 30 years, well recommend it.....

063CE9D8-FA96-403A-88BF-048F6791FAC2.jpeg.9bb3d6077657d3ecd05d4bf665a1eebc.jpeg

• Like 4

205051001-jpg

I bought the entire series (printed thus far) after seeing just one of them at my club's meeting.  So full of information and so many photos I've never seen before.  Each one covers a period and mentions each raid (near as I can tell), claims, losses, and eyewitness accounts.  I just finished 1940-early 41.  If the Nachtjagd interests you, these are a must.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, GazzaS said:

bought the entire series (printed thus far) after seeing just one of them at my club's meeting.  So full of information and so many photos I've never seen before. 

All of Theo Boiten books are well researched and presented in a very informative way.......

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Yup, Just got in to Flight Safety in West Palm Beach!

Never been to that one, although I've been in and out of Signature next door a 1000 times.  How long is a recurrent for you whirlybird guys?

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Winnie said:

Yup, Just got in to Flight Safety in West Palm Beach!

Harald, if you get go DFW, give me a holler. Tony and I both might be able to do lunch. We have a favorite burger/beer joint. 

Been trying to get Karim here, but be never gets here..

• Like 5

@TJTX the course is 8 days, shortened from the standard 18... a bit compressed and I still need to do the ride on the aircraft at home.

@Clunkmeister Unfortunately I won't be going on courses there anymore, april 2019 was the last time i managed that, at DFW south center. but unfortunately they sold the machine so now I go to Florida.

You're not talking Rodeo Goat are you? I love that place...

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Winnie said:

@TJTX the course is 8 days, shortened from the standard 18... a bit compressed and I still need to do the ride on the aircraft at home.

@Clunkmeister Unfortunately I won't be going on courses there anymore, april 2019 was the last time i managed that, at DFW south center. but unfortunately they sold the machine so now I go to Florida.

You're not talking Rodeo Goat are you? I love that place...

I generally go to Angelo’s in White Settlement, but Tony and I frequent Tolbert in Grapevine. Close to D/FW, his home, and my shop.

well, we’ll need to do Vegas if you make it. Trying to rope Karim and Tony into getting there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...