The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Vegas

smitty44

• smitty44 changed the title to Vegas
1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I've still got my reservation booked. Just waiting to see if I'll be able to get there. Or more importantly, back into my own country afterwards. 

Carl

Fingers crossed, Carl. I think Ernie knows some good smugglers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Fingers crossed, Carl. I think Ernie knows some good smugglers.

Sue and I were talking about this last night. The trip, not Ernie smuggling us across the border. :lol:

She brought up a good point that if the 2 week quarantine requirement is still in place, that would scuttle things as we wouldn't be able to afford being off for 3 weeks from work (1 week vacation plus the 2 week quarantine).

Also it would then overlap into the start of the school year for the boys. 

So definitely will have to wait and see. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, The Dude said:

I will be there!  Got plenty of LSP's to bring to the point of attaching a trailer to my suburban to haul it to LV. :)

Why don't you drive up to WA and pick me up on your way? :D WA is between AZ and NV, right?

Seriously, though, still planning to come. Hotel is reserved, just trying to decide how best to get down there. Kind of depends on cost, travel restrictions, how many family want to come, etc. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, biggtim said:

Why don't you drive up to WA and pick me up on your way? :D WA is between AZ and NV, right?

Seriously, though, still planning to come. Hotel is reserved, just trying to decide how best to get down there. Kind of depends on cost, travel restrictions, how many family want to come, etc. 

Hell yeah, now that would be a fun side trip! Trust me, if I could I would. Maybe we can walk around the vendor room together and make everyone feel short. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well, looks like all vacations and trips are off our schedule for a year or two since we just bought a new lake home.  Told the wife that huge puddle behind the house is her vacation spot now for a few years until the dust settles on getting use to a new lifestyle and income redirected. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Congrats on the new digs Scott. Hopefully you got your work bench/room with a view that you mentioned. 

Looks like we won't make Vegas either. Between the mandatory hotel quarantine for returning travellers and the still in place travel ban we've decided to stay close(r) to home. Time for a camping roadtrip. If we can book a campsite. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks Carl.  Although this is the upstairs, I’ll have the same view. 
RPuWgK.jpg

Looking at this pic, if you look below the screen porch, I’ll have a bench in front of the window under it.  Shaded from direct sunlight, but a most excellent view!

lRABsR.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 3/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, ScottsGT said:

Thanks Carl.  Although this is the upstairs, I’ll have the same view. 
RPuWgK.jpg

Looking at this pic, if you look below the screen porch, I’ll have a bench in front of the window under it.  Shaded from direct sunlight, but a most excellent view!

lRABsR.jpg

Good choice!! Quite frankly I would've picked that house over Vegas too. :thumbsup2:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, biggtim said:

Nope, but Redding is certainly between WA and Vegas. Stop by! I may have booked to go a day early, though.

• Like 3