The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Sunglasses Needed - B-24 Assembly Ship P.T.P.I 2nd

I have hesitated to do a true build thread for my Pete The POM Inspector 2nd as it's something I am only really working on for a day or two at a time as a brain break between other projects. However, right now it's very bright in my model room with the wings and tail surfaces having been painted despite the fuselage not even being glued together yet - Here's a pic on my messy bench, hope you like it!

It's the Hobby Boss B-24D that I'm building mostly OOB without fixing the wing or other errors in the shape. Technically Pete 2nd was a later model of the plane (an H, If I recall correctly) that had a greenhouse nose added on once relegated to the assembly ship role. Right now everything you see painted is from paint masks, part of HAD Models decal and mask set for Pete and Pete 2nd. 

The only aftermarket I'm making are Eduard zoom cockpit, HGW belts for the pilot and copilot, Synthetic Ordinance Works gear legs, and Halberd's rubber tires. There will be a few parts that I will be making in CAD and printing to finish out the build as a demilitarized plane: blanking piece for the ball turret, an observation dome where the dorsal turret was removed, and a rounded off arse end where the tail turret was, with some formation lights inside it.

Cheers,

Mike

146931459_197494902132101_5843863454294634227_n.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, seiran01 said:

I have hesitated to do a true build thread for my Pete The POM Inspector 2nd as it's something I am only really working on for a day or two at a time as a brain break between other projects. However, right now it's very bright in my model room with the wings and tail surfaces having been painted despite the fuselage not even being glued together yet - Here's a pic on my messy bench, hope you like it!

It's the Hobby Boss B-24D that I'm building mostly OOB without fixing the wing or other errors in the shape. Technically Pete 2nd was a later model of the plane (an H, If I recall correctly) that had a greenhouse nose added on once relegated to the assembly ship role. Right now everything you see painted is from paint masks, part of HAD Models decal and mask set for Pete and Pete 2nd. 

The only aftermarket I'm making are Eduard zoom cockpit, HGW belts for the pilot and copilot, Synthetic Ordinance Works gear legs, and Halberd's rubber tires. There will be a few parts that I will be making in CAD and printing to finish out the build as a demilitarized plane: blanking piece for the ball turret, an observation dome where the dorsal turret was removed, and a rounded off arse end where the tail turret was, with some formation lights inside it.

Cheers,

Mike

146931459_197494902132101_5843863454294634227_n.jpg

Stunning livery. This will be a real eyecatcher wherever displayed!

Can‘t wait to see it finished! 

• Like 3

Cool choice for the mighty B-24. Certainly unique and eye-catching B).

Not a criticism of your choice for the build, but I cannot personally get over the kit’s wing totally weird airfoil and wrong incidence. This hurts my eyes 100 times more than any garish formation ship scheme ;) .

Hubert

• Like 3

• 5 months later...