Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Re-posting AMT/Ertl A-20G completed

I'm going to re-post my completed 1/48 A-20 here. Just leaving it on the WIP thread doesn't seem to get many responses. Admins, you can change this if necessary but I really feel, like Jeff, any completed model should just go in Finished Work.

For being a fairly old kit it still has nice detail and good fit. I added the Vector cockpit set and True Details wheels. Also replacement cowlings from Quickboost. Decals are Zotz. Paint is MM.

3-29-21 001.jpg

3-29-21 002.jpg

3-29-21 003.jpg

3-29-21 004.jpg

3-29-21 005.jpg

3-29-21 006.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'm going to re-post my completed 1/48 A-20 here. Just leaving it on the WIP thread doesn't seem to get many responses. Admins, you can change this if necessary but I really feel, like Jeff, any completed model should just go in Finished Work.

For being a fairly old kit it still has nice detail and good fit. I added the Vector cockpit set and True Details wheels. Decals are Zotz. Paint is MM.

3-29-21 001.jpg

3-29-21 002.jpg

3-29-21 003.jpg

3-29-21 004.jpg

3-29-21 005.jpg

3-29-21 006.jpg

Great looking A-20 with an interesting well weathered camo scheme and a really eyecatching  nose-art.

Since we also saw a 48 scale Lancaster here it’s ok from my point of view to show the A-20 here. Also a big model in 48 scale close to a small fighter in 32nd scale...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great looking A-20 with an interesting well weathered camo scheme and a really eyecatching  nose-art.

Since we also saw a 48 scale Lancaster here it’s ok from my point of view to show the A-20 here. Also a big model in 48 scale close to a small fighter in 32nd scale...

I'm glad you like it! Thanks!!! :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice and subtle job on painting and decaling, which lead to a very nice model. Your A-20 looks great, John.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob. I tried to be careful with the weathering. Didn't want to overdo it! :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Looks stunning John, love the subtle weathering. So did the pilot have to climb through the roof every time?

Thanks!!! I think so. If no ladder available it would be a heck of a jump! LOL :D

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice John. I had this kit in my stash but have no idea what happened to it. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. I've had it for quite a while and finally decided to build it as a change of pace. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

John

Perfect work  - simply awesome. Just love following your work over the years - 

Completely agree and feel NON LSM build forum needs to be moved to just under works in progress, as where it is now, bottom of the ladder, is passed over way too much. 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Perfect work  - simply awesome. Just love following your work over the years - 

Completely agree and feel NON LSM build forum needs to be moved to just under works in progress, as where it is now, bottom of the ladder, is passed over way too much. 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to post this when I finished the model but just remembered it. Bill Hess was a very good aviation author and a good friend. I was fortunate enough to do nearly all of his photo work in my darkroom.:) Sadly Bill passed a couple of years ago.

Scanned Section 5-1.jpg

Scanned Section 6-1.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SapperSix said:

I really like the paint scheme on this model.  There is some real nuance to the shading.  I too often miss some really good builds as there are many on this site.  Sorry to hear about Bill.  Looks like he left behind some fine work.

Thanks! :) I agree, I don't always see builds that are really nice and tend to stumble on them, etc. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

The bio and background just adds to a wonderful build and ties history to your efforts

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Yes indeed Peter. Thank you! :)