The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Two F-80's for perusal

Just for grins I just thought I'd post these shots of my two SH/Czech Master F-80's. Same squadron.:) The Evil Eye Fleagle decals were made using my laser printer which was before they issued the kit with those decals. LOL I could have waited! :)

5-3-22 001.jpg

5-3-22 A 001.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Sweeeeeeetttttttt exemplary as ever, so a squadron of F80’s to go with the Corsair’s ………isn’t about time to do another……:sofa:

Thanks Phil. I think I'll leave it at two at least for the foreseeable future. 😄

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Really nice builds John. Short runs are not the easiest to build. Lots of work and mental restrain went to these two for sure. :notworthy:

Cheers

Martin

Thank you Martin. Yes, they both had high cuss factors but I'm pleased at the way they turned out.:)

• Like 3

Wonderful job John, as usual.  The NMF finish with the flat black and OD nose sections are very distinct.  That little added detail along with the excellent color in the decals really bring the model to life.  I am some whet indifferent to the 80's as an air-frame.  These models have drug me from indifference to " I need to build one".  Only a well done model can make that happen.  Kudos! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SapperSix said:

Wonderful job John, as usual.  The NMF finish with the flat black and OD nose sections are very distinct.  That little added detail along with the excellent color in the decals really bring the model to life.  I am some whet indifferent to the 80's as an air-frame.  These models have drug me from indifference to " I need to build one".  Only a well done model can make that happen.  Kudos! 

I'm glad you like the results of my efforts. Thank you for the nice comments. :) They can build up to be a nice model but they certainly do have their share of headaches. Thanks again for the nice comments. :)

• Like 2

A nice pair of builds there John. Especially when you consider the kit isn't a shake and bake one but requires some fighting and cursing to build. 

I can't recall if you've done the T-33 yet as that would be an obvious one to add next. 

Carl

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

A nice pair of builds there John. Especially when you consider the kit isn't a shake and bake one but requires some fighting and cursing to build. 

I can't recall if you've done the T-33 yet as that would be an obvious one to add next. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. Yes, I did the T-33 a while back. Lots of headaches there also. 🤪

DONE 001_zpsfsjqfigo.jpg~original.jpg

DONE 002_zpsmmhcpzy0.jpg~original.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Holy Cow just awesome work. Love the NMF's on the F-80's and the T-33 a gem in it's ow right. Of ourse all three were high cuss factor kits but so well worth all the hard work - three gems.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I don't think I'll be building any more F-80's or T-33's for a while now! LOL :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...