Jump to content

Brand New Here......


Recommended Posts

The paint is still wet 😆

Some of you me may know me. I have Stage IV AMS and love working in Braillescale. I am coming off of a 10 year modeling hiatus and decided to jump right back in without any warm up exercises. I hope i don't pull anything.😆 I blew the dust off my Trumpeter F4F-4 Wildcat and commenced to toss kit pieces and rebuild everything. Overall the kit is not bad but has A LOT of room for improvement. 

I am two weeks into the build so I won't post photos of all of the WIP. You can see the WIP by visiting my photography website. I added a new page to include scale modeling. 

SM

https://www.scottmurphyphotography.org/trumpeter-f4f-4

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. Saw your wildcat on LSP, very impressive

 

Cheers

Martin

Thanks! The Wildcat has always been a favorite of mine so I am determined to give it the whole bag of tricks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome on LSM, Scott, and, like Martin, I was impressed by your work when I saw it on LSP.

I hope you are aware that one of the biggest drawbacks f the Trumpeter Wildcat is the wrong inclination of the firewall at the rear of the wheel-well opening. For perfect accuracy - and you are manifestly striving for it, you need to incline it, and that then implies moving the wheel opening forward. IIRC, Alain Gadbois did and showed this mod on LSP.

Looking forward to see more from you :popcorn:

Hubert

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HubertB said:

Welcome on LSM, Scott, and, like Martin, I was impressed by your work when I saw it on LSP.

I hope you are aware that one of the biggest drawbacks f the Trumpeter Wildcat is the wrong inclination of the firewall at the rear of the wheel-well opening. For perfect accuracy - and you are manifestly striving for it, you need to incline it, and that then implies moving the wheel opening forward. IIRC, Alain Gadbois did and showed this mod on LSP.

Looking forward to see more from you :popcorn:

Hubert

Yes, I am well aware of it and prepared to do some major surgery on it. The kit piece will go in the trash. I have not been able to find any aftermarket chain so I guess I will be spending several days scratch building some. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Welcome, Scott! Good to have you here.  The Wildcat/Martlet series is always a winner in any scale or version, a d I’m thinking yours will be true to form.

AMS, eh? Stage lV?  Is that it?  Man, you gotta get more anal!  Break out the razor saws and Dremel, how about pin vices, RB Riveters, and all the other RB tools, and lastly, let’s see some RTV and casting resin! Trust  me, you’re in good company around this place. 🤣

We ALL get a bit carried away every now and then…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Welcome, Scott! Good to have you here.  The Wildcat/Martlet series is always a winner in any scale or version, a d I’m thinking yours will be true to form.

AMS, eh? Stage lV?  Is that it?  Man, you gotta get more anal!  Break out the razor saws and Dremel, how about pin vices, RB Riveters, and all the other RB tools, and lastly, let’s see some RTV and casting resin! Trust  me, you’re in good company around this place. 🤣

We ALL get a bit carried away every now and then…

I know some guys who design and 3D print things like parts, radial engines, … or even a full airframe :rolleyes:

Hubert

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HubertB said:

I know some guys who design and 3D print things like parts, radial engines, … or even a full airframe :rolleyes:

Hubert

Ya but those guys are crazy --- oh wait, I'm one of those guys now. Damn.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 9/8/2022 at 6:37 AM, HubertB said:

I know some guys who design and 3D print things like parts, radial engines, … or even a full airframe :rolleyes:

Hubert

Kinda did that with my big RCAF Patrol Bomber Lanc X.  Better yet, I talked a manufacturer to market my block tread main wheels, my 1/32 postwar 1950’s RCAF Lanc decals, etc.

My next Lanc foray has the potential of becoming a Lancastrian or a York…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...