The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Brand New Here......

The paint is still wet 😆

Some of you me may know me. I have Stage IV AMS and love working in Braillescale. I am coming off of a 10 year modeling hiatus and decided to jump right back in without any warm up exercises. I hope i don't pull anything.😆 I blew the dust off my Trumpeter F4F-4 Wildcat and commenced to toss kit pieces and rebuild everything. Overall the kit is not bad but has A LOT of room for improvement. 

I am two weeks into the build so I won't post photos of all of the WIP. You can see the WIP by visiting my photography website. I added a new page to include scale modeling. 

SM

https://www.scottmurphyphotography.org/trumpeter-f4f-4

• Like 5

Welcome on LSM, Scott, and, like Martin, I was impressed by your work when I saw it on LSP.

I hope you are aware that one of the biggest drawbacks f the Trumpeter Wildcat is the wrong inclination of the firewall at the rear of the wheel-well opening. For perfect accuracy - and you are manifestly striving for it, you need to incline it, and that then implies moving the wheel opening forward. IIRC, Alain Gadbois did and showed this mod on LSP.

Looking forward to see more from you :popcorn:

Hubert

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HubertB said:

Welcome on LSM, Scott, and, like Martin, I was impressed by your work when I saw it on LSP.

I hope you are aware that one of the biggest drawbacks f the Trumpeter Wildcat is the wrong inclination of the firewall at the rear of the wheel-well opening. For perfect accuracy - and you are manifestly striving for it, you need to incline it, and that then implies moving the wheel opening forward. IIRC, Alain Gadbois did and showed this mod on LSP.

Looking forward to see more from you :popcorn:

Hubert

Yes, I am well aware of it and prepared to do some major surgery on it. The kit piece will go in the trash. I have not been able to find any aftermarket chain so I guess I will be spending several days scratch building some. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Welcome, Scott! Good to have you here.  The Wildcat/Martlet series is always a winner in any scale or version, a d I’m thinking yours will be true to form.

AMS, eh? Stage lV?  Is that it?  Man, you gotta get more anal!  Break out the razor saws and Dremel, how about pin vices, RB Riveters, and all the other RB tools, and lastly, let’s see some RTV and casting resin! Trust  me, you’re in good company around this place. 🤣

We ALL get a bit carried away every now and then…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Welcome, Scott! Good to have you here.  The Wildcat/Martlet series is always a winner in any scale or version, a d I’m thinking yours will be true to form.

AMS, eh? Stage lV?  Is that it?  Man, you gotta get more anal!  Break out the razor saws and Dremel, how about pin vices, RB Riveters, and all the other RB tools, and lastly, let’s see some RTV and casting resin! Trust  me, you’re in good company around this place. 🤣

We ALL get a bit carried away every now and then…

I know some guys who design and 3D print things like parts, radial engines, … or even a full airframe :rolleyes:

Hubert

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 9/8/2022 at 6:37 AM, HubertB said:

I know some guys who design and 3D print things like parts, radial engines, … or even a full airframe :rolleyes:

Hubert

Kinda did that with my big RCAF Patrol Bomber Lanc X.  Better yet, I talked a manufacturer to market my block tread main wheels, my 1/32 postwar 1950’s RCAF Lanc decals, etc.

My next Lanc foray has the potential of becoming a Lancastrian or a York…

• Like 3