The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

GWH Curtiss P-40B; The Flying Tigers

Thanks Huber for the compliments - very much appreciated. Just one work session at the bench to go and she will be across the line. Not an easy kit for sure - a bit over engineered and the instructions caused some frustrating issues but, in the end, a nice kit and well worth the effort.

• Like 3

Peter - Just Beautiful!  What a great aircraft and subject and you did wonders with a terrific, but difficult kit.  Shame about the radio hatch and not being able to see the detail inside but that Quinta placard on the door is excellent.  And you are really a master with the MRP paints.  I know, they go on so nicely, but as we've discussed, they only reward excellent prep which is your forte.  There is just something about the AVG planes that really grabs the attention. 

Maybe the biggest complement is all the people here who are saying that maybe they want to try the kit now they have seen yours!

FWIW, I have a full set of the Molotow Blackliners I'll send you to try out if you want.  Check them out and send them back when you are done.  .05, .1, .2 and .4mm.  Black, not Chrome so not sure if you will find a use for them.  I also have the 2mm Chrome pen and the 2mm Liquid masking marker but can't remember how I used them years ago - probably on the oleos.  Must not have made a big impression?  

• Like 2

Thanks Chris so very much appreciated. So happy my build might inspire others to build the same model - a wonderful compliment for sure.

I'm a Quinta guy and while I haven't tried Red Fox or Look yet, just can't see how they could be any better - I'm just so pleased with the results I get. 

Going to take you up on the Molotow Pens in a while, especially the Black which seems to have a lot of possibilities.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Martin, very much appreciated.

I am very humbled, that my work reminds you of Wolfs'. I tried sending Wolf a PM a while back but he never replied and seems to have lost interest in modeling. Maybe someone has spoken with him to just see if all is well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Martin

Thank you for the update on Wolf. I know there were health issues with his wife Bonnie and she was recovering nicely. I had no idea that Wolf also had serious health issues and so glad he is recovering. I didn't know Wolf had health issues as well. When you talk with him, please say hello for me. Maybe when he is up to it, he can stop by and just say hello to the gang.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2023 at 12:03 PM, Martinnfb said:

Wolf has been through some rough times, dealing wth some serious health issues. He's getting better now.

I was wondering the other day myself remembering that DR1 I think was the last we saw of him.:hsmack:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...