The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Show your Fisher kits....

harv

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Here's what I have. 

PXL_20230723_213507863.thumb.jpg.0a2d810d3acc21489ef3cc9ede626a56.jpg

PXL_20230723_213523643.thumb.jpg.1b1e6774080dd054ff36ba2abb36a0c7.jpg

I also have an F-8C that's started. 

Always wanted an X1. I sold my RF8 conversion and kit last year. Couldn't turn the money down....harv 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Cougar is such a cool looking airframe, good for you guys. A question for you all. Have you built any of these fisher kits, if so, how did it go? 

i built the panther and it was pretty straight forward

26.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Cougar is such a cool looking airframe, good for you guys. A question for you all. Have you built any of these fisher kits, if so, how did it go? 

QF-9J.jpeg

Yes. One (the STM / PT-20), which is shown n the gallery here, and the Cutlass is under way …

Compared to other resin kits, they are « la crème de la crème », with great surface detailing, very little pour stubs to cut off, and generally good fitting (knowing resin is a product that can shrink up to 3 % when curing) : in short, they are - essentially - a dream to build, and compare well to most injection-molded kits in the overall building experience.

As for my stash, it’s currently palletised, so no way I can take a pic, sorry.

Here is my list:

- Skyray

- Cougar

- F9F-8 T Twogar

- Ryan PT-22

- Red Baron

- Bell X1-E

- F9F-5 Panther

Plus the two tiny biplanes (Pitts S2 and Eagle) that Fisher re-released.

I really regret not taking the plunge on the F9F-2 and the two Sea Fury racers, Miss Merced and September Fury.

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Here’s my Cougar. 
8h1QRa.jpg

I had to replace the cast splitters on the wings with sheet brass since they were paper thin and cracked.  Had a few symmetry issues with the cast openings on the bottom I had to correct and a few pinholes that kept popping up during prep.

Flaps were warped a little too.  If I put them in the drooped position it would not have been noticeable. But they never parked in the down position.  
I also got a surprise when I glued on the front canopy.  It didn’t match up with the molded in body lines and I had to add filler to blend it in.  
Rockets were also badly warped so I went with aftermarket. Oh, and the decals fell apart and even microsol decal film wouldn’t save them.  I kind of made up generic decals. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Bill_S said:

My lone Fisher kit.

DSCN2671-1.jpg

Another one I regret not getting.  I do have the Hobbycraft kit though.  I understand there’s a major flaw with it though.  Something about the wing profile upside down or something like that.  I’m thinking of pulling it out and putting it on the bench after the Tomcat is done. 

• Like 3

HI guys

I have one Fisher Kit and  that is the Sea Fury. I also have all of the interior and update kits that Paul did for the Hobby Craft kit.  Dont know which one I will get around to building first, but most likely the Fisher kit.

Met Paul many years ago at our chapters annual June show. Heck of a nice guy, such a darn shame about what happened up in Paradise.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Another one I regret not getting.  I do have the Hobbycraft kit though.  I understand there’s a major flaw with it though.  Something about the wing profile upside down or something like that.  I’m thinking of pulling it out and putting it on the bench after the Tomcat is done. 

Yup, the airfoil is upside down. 

I should have a spare Fisher folded wing if you're interested. I had asked for the straight wing when I got my kit and Paul accidentally sent the folded one. He sent the straight wing afterwards so won't need the folded one. 

Let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Yup, the airfoil is upside down. 

I should have a spare Fisher folded wing if you're interested. I had asked for the straight wing when I got my kit and Paul accidentally sent the folded one. He sent the straight wing afterwards so won't need the folded one. 

Let me know. 

Wow!  Thanks for the generous offer!  Let me look at some pics of one built up with the wings folded and make sure I want to go that route before committing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Built the Sea Fury and loved the kit - needed a bit of Paul's help to sort out some miss-matching parts. I do have Paul's update set for the Heller Connie and would love to build it one day.

The Fisher Sea Fury is the Center Piece of my Display Case.

8axGaq.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I also have some of the Connie correction parts and correct radome.  But I have all three of the Heller Connies in the stash.

My unbuilt Fishers…

Connie corrections, but not all.

F9F-5 Panther

A-1E Skyraider

Ryan PT-22

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Scott

Nice collection for sure.

My Connie Correction Set, if I remember correctly is the engines, nacelles and maybe the props. It's been so long since I looked in the small box.

I've been wanting to build the 049 Connie for a very long time, just can't seem to pull the trigger. I have a gorgeous set of Eastern Air Line decals as well as for the project. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

Nice collection for sure.

My Connie Correction Set, if I remember correctly is the engines, nacelles and maybe the props. It's been so long since I looked in the small box.

I've been wanting to build the 049 Connie for a very long time, just can't seem to pull the trigger. I have a gorgeous set of Eastern Air Line decals as well as for the project. 

Nice. I saw the nose correction go on eBay a while back for $185. I really wanted it, but not that bad. I think my highest bid was $75.  A few weeks later I was going through my box of AM stuff and discovered I did indeed buy the nose correction from Paul.  But I think all I have is the nacelles/props, radome and nose.  Didn’t splurge for the flaps. 
I did buy three sets of G Factor landing gear though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yea, I’ve noticed a trend of auctions starting very high now since eBay is taking such a huge chunk of the sale (and shipping) and the risks of flaky buyers ripping off the sellers without eBay supporting the sellers.  eBay has ruined what use to be a great thing. I quit selling years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Yea, I’ve noticed a trend of auctions starting very high now since eBay is taking such a huge chunk of the sale (and shipping) and the risks of flaky buyers ripping off the sellers without eBay supporting the sellers.  eBay has ruined what use to be a great thing. I quit selling years ago. 

wasn't it called "evil-bay" already years ago??

• Like 2