The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

When I built my HK Lanc I didn't install a seat as it was crap. So I left the cockpit glass unglued knowing a good seat would be an eventuality. Enter Resin 2 Detail. They have three seats they released, basic to super deluxe. This is the deluxe. Very nice!

20210828_184833.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I picked up another BSG kit. These are getting harder and harder to find, especially at reasonable prices. 

PXL_20210828_155129685.thumb.jpg.f777d1ddb74eda0b6d70e035e54e30ce.jpg

Just need to find a Galactica herself now. 

Carl

Sometimes half the fun is finding the kit. How many do you have in the stash now?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

13 hours ago, smitty44 said:

When I built my HK Lanc I didn't install a seat as it was crap. So I left the cockpit glass unglued knowing a good seat would be an eventuality. Enter Resin 2 Detail. They have three seats they released, basic to super deluxe. This is the deluxe. Very nice!

20210828_184833.jpg

Smitty

I'm willing to bet you are all smiles and so glad you waited.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Sometimes half the fun is finding the kit. How many do you have in the stash now?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, I agree. The LHS didn't have it listed on their website and it wasn't with the rest of the kits in the series that they had. 

If you can find it online, it's easily double what I paid for it. 

As for the size of my stash, it's not too bad. It has gone up a bit but the boys "help" when they raid my dwindling 1/72 kits for new projects. :D

Carl

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Happy birthday. To me, from me.

Happy birthday Bill, you got yourself a beauty. I will build Gabriels Fokker on your box, but have a different D.VII boxing with the decals from Lifelike.

• Like 4

After a long journey, the Mitre cutter appeared at my door today. The first package from AK was lost somewhere, but they immediately sent me a new packet. Very good service, I have to say.
The cutter should be the same as the DSPIAE one but branded by AK.

IMG_9221.thumb.JPG.d82147fa209fb6d59726340d563eba77.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

Nice miter cutter. Yours look a bit more substantial then mine (Micro Mark but it does do the job). Enjoy your new cutter

Thanks Peter, I hope I'm able to cut wooden planks for my sailing boat project with the cutter, without squeezing the wood. The wood is not thick, but it needs precision cuts.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Nice plan for sure. How about a pic or two of your sailboat?

Not that much to show Peter. The Le Renard is an slowly ongoing project, where the next step is the second planking.

P1140528.thumb.JPG.7c9bb2e1e845ecbed0eb1063448db53b.JPG

My next winter project could be the Duchess of Kingston. I bought the kit some month ago. It will be a tempting project with lots to learn, but Vanguard kits are a bit like Tamiya in wood. They make it easy for the builder and that is well appreciated for me being a novice wood ship builder.
I plan to do a WIP about my Duchess of Kingston adventures.

Royal Yacht, Duchess of Kingston – 1778 – VANGUARD MODELS

The cutter made a good job, cutting the planks. There are two different types supplied with the Duchess of Kingston, the lighter is cut perfect, the darker has a very slight squeeze. One second on the grinding machine will make it perfect.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Rob, this so bizarre, was only looking at the Lady Nelson Cutter by Amati last night………this was on YouTube……..

I've heard good things about the Lady Nelson. You should give it a try Phil. Those Kutters, like my Le Renard and the Lady Nelson are great first builds. Relatively large scale, due to small original ships, only one mast, which reduces rigging and hopefully in the case of the Lady Nelson double planking, which I find important. It's much easier to achieve a good looking hull with thinner decorative planking on top oh the more sturdy ones. 

Cheers Rob

• Like 3