The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 10/9/2021 at 3:30 PM, DocRob said:

Some more ICM plastic arrived today. The 1/32 Gloster Gladiator MK. I. Browsing through the box shows nicely detailed plastic, which is broken down into not too many parts.
Compared to  my recent IBG PZL. 11 build, that will be a fast build, I guess. There is less detail and no PE included. Unfortunately there are no seat belts supplied either, so I will have to raid other kits, maybe my Tamiya Mosquito, where I have bought some HGW spare belts.
I somehow like these interwar designs and the Gladiator will be an easy build, beside from flat wire rigging. I will build her in a silver dope finish, which looks better than the spinach and barf camo.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9348.thumb.JPG.d94aea72153d3e7dc2dc4860b1bac747.JPG 

Nice one, after following Stews builds over on Britmodeller I have both the Gladiator and Sea Gladiator in the stash, there is so much early war history around the subject

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235088706-icm-132-gloster-gladiator-belgian-air-force-and-gloster-sea-gladiator-hal-far-fighter-flight-malta/

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

Nice one, after following Stews builds over on Britmodeller I have both the Gladiator and Sea Gladiator in the stash, there is so much early war history around the subject

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235088706-icm-132-gloster-gladiator-belgian-air-force-and-gloster-sea-gladiator-hal-far-fighter-flight-malta/

Thanks for the link, which I have not seen before. Mine will be strictly MK.I, as I will go for a silver dope finish and like the wooden IP.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

I have quick release fittings on all my air brushes as it makes life so much easier and switching from air brush to air brush is a snap. My collection of AB includse and when I purchased each AB, I also purchased the dedicated quick release. Highly recommended.:

Two H&S Infinity CR Plus AB's

An Iwata Eclipse and Revolution

Grex XGi

With the quick disconnects, I can switch between air brushes as needed, especially when I'm lazy and don't feel like cleaning them out between different paint mediums during painting sessions.

Keep 'em comin

Peter.

• Like 3

This came today; another Takom wiesel in 1/16 scale. This is the cannon version.

I also have the TOW version. I found a good website for reference pictures of these

Little beasties.

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/dieter_krause/wiesel_1_mk/index.php?Page=1

https://www.primeportal.net/apc/dieter_krause/wiesel_1_tow/

DSCN0149_1.JPG

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Peterpools said:

I have quick release fittings on all my air brushes as it makes life so much easier and switching from air brush to air brush is a snap. My collection of AB includse and when I purchased each AB, I also purchased the dedicated quick release. Highly recommended.:

Two H&S Infinity CR Plus AB's

An Iwata Eclipse and Revolution

Grex XGi

With the quick disconnects, I can switch between air brushes as needed, especially when I'm lazy and don't feel like cleaning them out between different paint mediums during painting sessions.

Keep 'em comin

Peter.

Yes, I agree these quick-release connectors make airbrushing much more convenient.

I have two hoses on my compressor with one quick release for my (4) Iwata eclipses and

Iwata hi performance plus c and the other for my Paasche H airbrushes. I recently ordered another  Iwata, a Hi-Line HP-BH, but because of the current problems with

the supply chain, I was told by Iwata that it might take months to arrive. Jeez the world

Is in a mess! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Just got these yesterdayJust got these yesterday

Cool, one of my most often non-buys, or almost buys, the ED 209, I mean. The 240z is attractive too. I had the Horizon kit, Carl mentioned and it was not great detail wise and being a bit on the delicate side with the vinyl pars. I definitely prefer vinyl on my turntables. 
Please do a WIP of the ED-209.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to that cheeky marine I picked up this , apparently it’s another one of Trumpeter’s good-enough kits, but the only one available at the moment . Nothing that can’t be fixed by a ton of resin putty and some steel plates and lots of positive attitude :)

2351035A-7D14-4521-8401-83B83D92BF63.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2