The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

59 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Also there’s a 1/44 scale  X-02S (OSEA) On the  Patlabor the helicopter in 1/72nd Scale  Hellhound

DA6554B8-4D25-4E8C-9670-1BB176FB1FEA.jpeg

I don't have the X-02 but I did get the Hellhound when it first came out. Talk about a mean looking gunship. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Just got these. My friend gave me the tomcat for helping him move his fiancé

6CEA9303-1F73-48B6-933A-7298691D42DB.jpeg

18B83A2E-F6C9-4263-AEF4-6BFB5EC969AE.jpeg

Hey, I've got that RX-7 too. In fact I j ust took the body out and painted it. Just wanted to try out some paint techniques.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

6CEA9303-1F73-48B6-933A-7298691D42DB.jpeg

18B83A2E-F6C9-4263-AEF4-6BFB5EC969AE.jpeg

I remember lusting after that 90s' RX7 (the actual car) as a young radiographic technologist in the early 90s'. How I wanted that car! Later, I bought A 1997 Nissan

240sx and developed a long-lasting love affair with that car. I still have it! It has been

Wonderful car! Thanks, I know this isn't modeling related, but it brought back

Memories.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Hey Gaz ...

I've really been time poor for the first 2 R&R swings ... BUT!! - I did get a chance to check out the Border Tiger kits today ... I don't know who posted those pics you showed me originally ... but those must be from the first (and stopped) production run ... Border had problems with its first set of moulds, so it stopped production of the kit ... made some adjustments and re started production at a later date ... which is why the product has taken some extra time to get back to market and why supply has been so slow.

I don't have time right now to take some pics of what is in my kit boxes ... but I can tell you the moulding is super crisp, highly detailed ... with no sink marks, flash, dags or blemishes ... I cannot attest to ejector pin marks - yet! ... While Davey Byrden was having his rant at me about how 3rd rate the kit is (in his opinion), he alluded to some fit issues experienced by a "well known" You Tube model builder ... Again - I cannot gainsay this particular argument as I have not proceeded that far ... but I would hazard a guess that the modeller concerned has received one of the first run kits made with the dodgy moulds.

We shall see ...

I'm hoping to get 2-3 solid days in when I get back at the end of the next 2 weeks (leaving tomorrow)

Cheers ... and thanks for the heads up

Rog :)

Rog,

Happy you got good kits.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Nice wage, if the Tomcat is only near as good engineered than their MIG-31, you'll love it. I found the MIG was so clever designed and fit was exceptional, it could have topped Tamiya quality :icon_eek:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

I got probation :D, I can continue modelling for a while. Somehow, this packet made it through security, customs and whatever unharmed. There is levelling thinner, lacquer thinner, primer and gloss coat. This loot will last for a while.

IMG_9035.thumb.JPG.36440dc667c5fb5f1ad69a51a0479276.JPG

To follow my recent trotten path of car modelling, I ordered a Ducati kit, with a separate metal fork kit to follow soon. I hope for a pleasure build, where I can fully concentrate on replicating different materials, specially metals. Browsing through the sprues, left a good impression, except for the glass dome for the canopy, which shows some distortion. There is a pre-cut vac formed one, which I will purchase.

IMG_9036.thumb.JPG.90b7e8cba57345a867b3f3141ca5cd7e.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Rob, you did well not to have those “pinged”……..another missing genre of mine, bikes…….

It was pure luck, other packets were intercepted and returned. My Spanish LHS, which is only about 2000 km away, found a way of creative documentation, to help my cause.
It's my first bike as well, at least model wise. I had some real ones back in Berlin. Here it's only cycling, better for my health, as long, I'm not falling into a canyon, while mountain biking.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Hey, I've got that RX-7 too. In fact I j ust took the body out and painted it. Just wanted to try out some paint techniques.

I liked it so much I ordered a 2nd kit.  Already have a Tamiya Japanese  ELFIN version too.  Also have 6 more Japanese version’s Fujimi and Aoshimia  that I received over the years

17DDB835-2364-40CB-B9C0-BA64F1B67792.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

I liked it so much I ordered a 2nd kit.  Already have a Tamiya Japanese  ELFIN version too.  Also have 6 more Japanese version’s Fujimi and Aoshimia  that I received over the years

17DDB835-2364-40CB-B9C0-BA64F1B67792.jpeg

Cool! Now you just need the Hasegawa one. Alithough it was 1/12 scale.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I remember lusting after that 90s' RX7 (the actual car) as a young radiographic technologist in the early 90s'. How I wanted that car! Later, I bought A 1997 Nissan

240sx and developed a long-lasting love affair with that car. I still have it! It has been

Wonderful car! Thanks, I know this isn't modeling related, but it brought back

Memories.

My friend with the same jobe as you had the Rx7 generation 2 Mira  only one of two in the USA.   My Cousin made a copy of the body parts from scratch to convert his to one too. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Oh no.  I didn’t know about that!   Dam it 

Well, if you want to make it worse, Rosso made one in 1/24 as well.  They did all the stock versions including the one with the funky bass tube that filled the hatch area.  They were somehow related/connected to Fujimi but weren't around long.

I've been after one of their 1/12 NSX kits for forever after I melted the one I had. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was set to boycott Trumpeter for ever and ever after, but……what was I thinking. Should be a quick build. The aftermarket I ordered consisting of harness, wheels, guns, IP and decals, costs more that the kit itself. :)

1F805FE5-FB98-4E1C-9592-4D9187D01739.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I was set to boycott Trumpeter for ever and ever after, but……what was I thinking. Should be a quick build. The aftermarket I ordered consisting of harness, wheels, guns, IP and decals, costs more that the kit itself. :)

1F805FE5-FB98-4E1C-9592-4D9187D01739.jpeg

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Martin

Glade you decided to stop boycotting Trumpeter and bought their Hurricane kit. Looking forward to following your upcoming build.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Hmmm....   Well, I'll never buy Trumpeter again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

In 1/48th scale, their latest Hurricane Mk1a # Ao5127A  is a gem. I have the kit and agree how good it is

Peter, the company is apparently Arma Hobbies…….they have done a lot in 72nd  and expanding into 48th, I definitely have a look at the Airfix though, it been 50 years since I bought Airfix…….never say never……

• Like 2

Phil

I'll be also looking at the Arma Hobbies Hurricane. I've been slowly working on the Airfix kit here and there and it is amazing - well worth the cost. The Mk1a is a tough kit to find but from what I read, the tropical version has all the parts for the 1a as well. The new Airfix is a whole new ballgame.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

I'll be also looking at the Arma Hobbies Hurricane. I've been slowly working on the Airfix kit here and there and it is amazing - well worth the cost. The Mk1a is a tough kit to find but from what I read, the tropical version has all the parts for the 1a as well. The new Airfix is a whole new ballgame.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

I agree, Peter, the new Airfix is really good..... I like the Hurricane, lots of potential for serious detailing....

• Like 3