Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Couple of things 

Tamiaya's brand new 1/48 K2 Ambulance for Brit WW2 airfields ...or maybe a small Ice Cold in Alex dio ....

temp-Image-VQm-SQV.jpg

temp-Image0-Lxabt.jpg

temp-Image-Gl-OMRc.jpg

And also another random purchase of a subject most ignore .... I quite fancy a lil 'abandoned in the Ardennes' diorama ..we shall see 

Early Hobbyboss 2007 M4 HST . Moulding is a bit heavy but there are very few 1/35's of this subject available...a 1967 Nitto tooling and couple of unobtainable resin kits only . 

temp-Image-GJOc-NB.jpg

Wubber Twacks , wonder if some metal Stuart ones will fit . Photo etch and masks is a nice one . Engine might be a nice start for detailing . 

temp-Imageq-Ae2j-Z.jpg

temp-Image-P0-XGo-E.jpg

temp-Imagea-E9-Q3-X.jpg

• Like 10

Took my son's Edward to the LHS along with a friend of his who we had to buy a birthday gift for. Right before we get there, Edward says " Wait until you see how many models the shop has". His friend replies " You mean they have more than your dad in your basement?"

Is that a good thing?

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Took my son's Edward to the LHS along with a friend of his who we had to buy a birthday gift for. Right before we get there, Edward says " Wait until you see how many models the shop has". His friend replies " You mean they have more than your dad in your basement?"

Is that a good thing?

😁

• Like 1

I got a couple bottles of new paint in to try. 

Dspiae is making paint now. I have no idea on the quality but it's a lacquer based paint. I bought primarily metallics to try out plus the bottle of fluorescent red. 

They also have a thinner specifically for metallic paints so I thought I'd try that too and see what difference if any it would make. 

PXL_20231202_185404876.thumb.jpg.47285a04e8599f22e962b6a6e88ce7ca.jpg

PXL_20231202_185320014.thumb.jpg.c233a41c97bf09e2ea89406f5c0683c9.jpg

• Like 5

Carl

Thanks for the update ... seems years ago we had so few paint companies and now, and abundance to choose from. Please do a short review on the paints and especially how they differ from all the other paint lines.  It's almost to the point now of having too many paint lines to choose from - if that's possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Met Mike Swinburne this afternoon for Tex Mex, raided Ernie’s stash, then beers at a lovely brewery.  He then pulled two beautiful kits out of his sleeve:  the brand new Westland Sea King, and the still warm from the mold machine Fairey Gannett, both by Airfix and both in 1/48.  Pics to follow, but ooooh what nice stuff Airfix makes today.  If you’re an FAA fan, this year has been a VERY good year.  

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

the brand new Westland Sea King, and the still warm from the mold machine Fairey Gannett, both by Airfix and both in 1/48.

Definite must buys, the Sea king, because it's my favorite Heli and the Gannet, well for quirkyness. The Gannet looks like a cross breeding, between an Avenger and a Skyshark, what's not to like about that.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Met Mike Swinburne this afternoon for Tex Mex, raided Ernie’s stash, then beers at a lovely brewery.  He then pulled two beautiful kits out of his sleeve:  the brand new Westland Sea King, and the still warm from the mold machine Fairey Gannett, both by Airfix and both in 1/48.  Pics to follow, but ooooh what nice stuff Airfix makes today.  If you’re an FAA fan, this year has been a VERY good year.  

Holy! I'm jealous as all getout! Both of those are high up on top of my wishlist!

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Winnie said:

Holy! I'm jealous as all getout! Both of those are high up on top of my wishlist!

The Westland Sea King appears to be all Westland, at least according to those more knowledgeable in the subject, and, joy of joys, it comes with a folded rotor option.  That alone makes it digestible to me.

That Gannett is huge as well, but doesn’t include the radar version. Also, the only markings are FAA markings.  No Australian, German, or Indonesian markings.  I expect the radar bird is coming, and other National options will be available soon through AM….

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 12/3/2023 at 6:47 AM, Clunkmeister said:

TOTAL JEALOUS !! I would love to be with you guys!!

• Like 4

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Fran said:

TOTAL JEALOUS !! I would love to be with you guys!!

Fran, we try to get together at least once every time he’s in town. I’m not sure if it’s easy for you to get here from Portugal, but he should be back in March, so if you can make it…

• Like 2

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Winnie said:

I'm not an Oracle on all things Westland, but I have a depth of knowledge on it, and yes, it is all Westland built for sure. Lots of little details, that the discernible eye will see.

I will eventually get several. but not yet.

6 bladed tail rotor. Westland air filters, TWO types of main bladed, extended or folded main and tail option, Westland sponsons, two options on British search radars and fixtures, AND a civilian Heli Operations of Dorset option, circa 2022.  I’m simply blown away, and I’m NOT a 1/48 guy, although this model will be close to the size of that 1/35 Blackhawk.  

• Like 4