Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

This bike kit by CSM is a gem. It has the finest spokes, I ever saw on a model kit. The parts are 3D printed and luckily they are mostly cleant up, I hope, I doesn´t blow parts away, while airbrushing, this is extremely fragile. 

P1011017.thumb.JPG.7c73d67c8511a3f3ea7ab26b8b8b1216.JPG

To test my paitience even further, I received the Hasegawa Lamborghini Miura kit, along some Streetblister colors. This edition of the kit has oll the venting grilles made up from tiny PE parts, not only theese on the hood and behind the doors, but also the intakes around the headlights :icon_eek:, we will see, how this works out.

P1011016.thumb.JPG.2c9f0e018fbaeb0f1b69018581b4740d.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DocRob said:

To test my paitience even further, I received the Hasegawa Lamborghini Miura kit, along some Streetblister colors. This edition of the kit has oll the venting grilles made up from tiny PE parts, not only theese on the hood and behind the doors, but also the intakes around the headlights :icon_eek:, we will see, how this works out.

P1011016.thumb.JPG.2c9f0e018fbaeb0f1b69018581b4740d.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice kit. I have the Jota version of that kit. I'd be interested to see what the PE bits look like. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice kit. I have the Jota version of that kit. I'd be interested to see what the PE bits look like. 

You´re welcome Carl. I guess, the PE is designed by Top Studio, like with other Hasegawa car kits.

P1011020.thumb.JPG.28fd1c5f7e299fe47ac388074ec5c1f4.JPG

And this is the assumed fiddly process to put all these grilles together:

P1011023.thumb.JPG.d2dd11eab0a139576277a9cb23193222.JPG

P1011024.thumb.JPG.24baa95b3ab08f99640b76cf225c21b6.JPG

P1011025.thumb.JPG.5ff6cb102afbae99d94945ef983344a2.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/13/2023 at 5:09 AM, ScottsGT said:

Another successful roll of the dice!  Of course this one took some logistical luck, timing and help from a friend.  I think it was Martin that had one posted a couple weeks back?  By the time I decided I wanted it, poof! Ad was gone so I assumed sold. 
I turned to eBay.  Seller from Japan, $85 shipped!  Timing was perfect. Was supposed to arrive on a Friday when the wife was working.  Oops!  Sat in customs in Japan 5 days.  Fortunately we had an out of town trip when it showed up so I had my buddy drive over and porch pirated it and hid it in my truck! LOL!

IMG_1310.thumb.jpeg.b06598c0144eac57468588b252892c6a.jpeg

But wait!  There’s more!  Another post to follow up shortly. 

I was looking at the same post and eBay seller LoL 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, DocRob said:

The SL 300 will be build more or less oob or using the Fat Boy conversion from MGSF, which looks loke this:

image.png.8bd135b4b0ab3bf99be402d5d424b129.png

Cheers Rob

It’s a pity to deface a 300 SL with this conversion, but the kit looks cool …

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

It’s a pity to deface a 300 SL with this conversion, but the kit looks cool …

Exactly my thinking Hubert, sacrilege, I will burn in hell, if I dare and I´m still not decided, but hell ain´t a bad place to be and this conversion is somehow so cool, that hell freezes over :D.
It´s only plastic in the end, I won´t do something like that to a real one.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Just arrived and still waiting for one more kit to arrive.

asFV4o.jpg

q0QX56.jpg

200 of each, should hopefully last for a while. Just grew tired of cleaning out glass eye droppers and s/s mixing tinlets.   

HjHNWo.jpg

I’m super curious about the quality of that Corsair kit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Thank you Peter.

Martin

I took an honest look at the Magic Factory Corsairs and compared them to the Tamiya Corsair on the bench ... it's no contest. I never thought I would say this but Tamiya in this case has only won the silver medal and the gold goes to Magic Factory. The MF Corsairs are state of the art, detail is in another league, where a lot seems to have been borrowed from Tamiya 32nd scale kits in concept. Decals are gorgeous Cartograph, two sets of markings per version and there is a full-size color painting guide for each of the four aircraft. I'm sure MF will be bringing out more Corsairs and that's where I'll be going. Will be using one of the decals sets from the Magic Factory kit on my Tamiya Corsair as well.

I've also took a quick look at the MiniArt P-47D and having already built Tamiya's Bubble Jug, the Mini Art kit looks as if it also will de-thrown the king for this aircraft as well. Times are changing and both Tamiya kits while awesome fall a bit short of the latest kits. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Just arrived and still waiting for one more kit to arrive.

asFV4o.jpg

q0QX56.jpg

200 of each, should hopefully last for a while. Just grew tired of cleaning out glass eye droppers and s/s mixing tinlets.   

HjHNWo.jpg

Before I retired I use to walk across the street to a Wendy’s burger joint.  Over several years I collected a few extra ketchup cups each time I went there for lunch. I probably have a thousand or more still. 
I tried using the medical cups like you have, but it has three little stand offs molded into the bottom so the cups don’t get stuck together.  I would hit those stupid things with my mixing stick and wind up flicking paint out of the cup. 
Ketchup cups are smooth bottom inside. 

EDIT:  Here’s the cups online.  
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-1-oz-clear-plastic-souffle-cup-portion-cup-case/127P100C.html

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Before I retired I use to walk across the street to a Wendy’s burger joint.  Over several years I collected a few extra ketchup cups each time I went there for lunch. I probably have a thousand or more still. 
I tried using the medical cups like you have, but it has three little stand offs molded into the bottom so the cups don’t get stuck together.  I would hit those stupid things with my mixing stick and wind up flicking paint out of the cup. 

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-1-oz-clear-plastic-souffle-cup-portion-cup-case/127P100C.html

I use something similar found on Amazon. I've ordered these a few

Times.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WITD52/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also sell lids for these which work well....I've left mixed

paint in these placed the lids on them and the lids sealed well

and i was able to store the paints that way for some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Hi Scott

I used to do the same and when I used the ketchup cup with solvent based paints, the solvents melted the cups to my surprise. 

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.988e2c107a78e3655588e61c5aa460dd.png

Brother Bear, I have been using each for years.  I use 1/2 oz. Solo, less waste.  As for the pipettes, I have one dedicated and labeled with a sharpie for each solvent.  Lacquer, enamel, water, windex, etc.  That way not cross-contamination.  For paint measurement, I use a dental mixing tool.  Dip it.

image.thumb.png.449c06543a193915c6876be8f257a4c0.png

A drop[ is a drop is a drop, whether it comes out of a pipette or the edge of the above tool.  For our purposes the volume of paint and thinner from each dispenser is the same.

Just sayin'.  You know, for a friend.  Sincerely, Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Brother Bear, I have been using each for years.  I use 1/2 oz. Solo, less waste.  As for the pipettes, I have one dedicated and labeled with a sharpie for each solvent.  Lacquer, enamel, water, windex, etc.  That way not cross-contamination.  For paint measurement, I use a dental mixing tool.  Dip it.

A drop[ is a drop is a drop, whether it comes out of a pipette or the edge of the above tool.  For our purposes the volume of paint and thinner from each dispenser is the same.

I use glass eye droppers with the rubber bulb.....easy to clean and re-use.  Pretty much solvent proof.They can even be used with Tamiya airbrush cleaner. 

I also have the 1/2 ounce solos. For mixing I have a couple of the Tamiya

mixer/stirrer things. The dental mixers look like a good choice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Thanks Brother Bear, always there with a helping hand.

Got ya ... will be changing to the 1/2 oz cups next time around. Also never thought of marking the pipettes as I've always used glass eye droppers and was constantly cleaning them. Will be marking them as well.

Geez, never thought of using a dental tool to measure the amount of paint and thinner. Will also give it a try.

• Like 1