Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Fresh deliveries last night….

first, I bought this off eBay to justify my need for all those Revell 1/32 Phantoms I’ve hoarded over the years.  Converts an F4-F to a G Wild Weasel.  Yea, probably paid as much or more than I could have picked the Revell kit up at Hobby Lobby when I saw it there, but I have enough kits!  Besides, I have an F I traded away the decals it came with.  
IMG_1242.thumb.jpeg.5381af7e36db4712425a8ea507384545.jpeg

Of course I needed G decals, so….off to Sprue Bros. 
IMG_1243.thumb.jpeg.a85f4be8b71043e3b75710c43ef4232a.jpeg

And a few other needed supplies since I’m ordering.  I use my CA glue so little it goes bad sitting on my bench.  Turns to syrup.  I figured my last bottle has been around 6 or 8 years.  Time for new stuff. 
IMG_1244.thumb.jpeg.829b4165344b6450a05897ce03abf384.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks to @Mark31 for the gift card to Hobbynut Models, from the holiday raffle. Picked up some much-needed supplies and a chance to try out the AK Paneliner set.  Thanks Mark!

image.thumb.jpeg.69d673fa411e20dcb5b3fbe3c611bc61.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 6:42 PM, CANicoll said:

Thanks to @Mark31 for the gift card to Hobbynut Models, from the holiday raffle. Picked up some much-needed supplies and a chance to try out the AK Paneliner set.  Thanks Mark!

You are welcome and have fun

My order is on its way from your gift card.

Mark

• Like 3

On 1/3/2024 at 12:42 PM, CANicoll said:

Chris

Nice use of the gift  .. let us know how you like the AK Panel Liners.

• Like 2

January sales and all that. Also PW made me buy one….😀……aided and abetted by SWMBO…….HS Infinity CR Plus 0.15 / 0.4 + A2 cutting mat also the first time in my life I’ve bought scalpel blades. Working in design industry they have always been available, quietly of course………anyone else tempted I can forward the company details……..

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.aea86f46ece51bba7aa6f6e13b282162.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

January sales and all that. Also PW made me buy one….😀……aided and abetted by SWMBO…….HS Infinity CR Plus 0.15 / 0.4 + A2 cutting mat also the first time in my life I’ve bought scalpel blades. Working in design industry they have always been available, quietly of course………anyone else tempted I can forward the company details…….

Finally you did it, Phil. I´m sure you won´t regret it, reliable, refined tools are the way to go and the Infinity definitely is all of that.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

January sales and all that. Also PW made me buy one….😀……aided and abetted by SWMBO…….HS Infinity CR Plus 0.15 / 0.4 + A2 cutting mat also the first time in my life I’ve bought scalpel blades. Working in design industry they have always been available, quietly of course………anyone else tempted I can forward the company details……..

Yay !!! Red ones go faster you know !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Phil

Awesome .. you're going to love the Infinity CR Plus AB -- a delight to use and my air brush of choice.

• Like 4

Ok., time for something different!

From Pegasus Hobbies; their The War of the Worlds  

"The Martian" (No. 9008). In 1/8 scale.

This is a vinyl kit having just 13 parts. Three of the parts are molded in

clear styrene.  These are the two eye inserts and the base. Assembly can be

done without glue....I was able to plug together the vinyl parts for my pictures and then take it apart again easily. The model comes with two

pairs of arms. This is the martian from the 1953 movie btw.

The airbrush, well, that's to show...scale.

DSCN1338_kindlephoto-1254864.jpg

DSCN1333_kindlephoto-1366316.jpg

DSCN1337_kindlephoto-1314544.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

done without glue....I was able to plug together the vinyl parts for my pictures and then take it apart again easily. The model comes with two

Paul

The perfect AB holder

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

Paul

The perfect AB holder

Yes! I knew I could find a use for him.........Er, ...it!

Seriously, I bought this thing after seeing Carl's T Rex, and I had ten dollars

worth of rewards points off at Megahobby. Being a fan of the 1953 movie,

I thought it might be a fun diversion.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

That's a great looking kit Paul. The Pegasus vinyl kits are works better than the old ones I built back in the '80s. Those were hollow, often badly deformed so you had to reshape them and hope they didn't collapse after assembly. Which they often did. 

Are you going to get any of the War Machine kits that Pegasus made?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That's a great looking kit Paul. The Pegasus vinyl kits are works better than the old ones I built back in the '80s. Those were hollow, often badly deformed so you had to reshape them and hope they didn't collapse after assembly. Which they often did. 

Are you going to get any of the War Machine kits that Pegasus made?

Thanks. I'm looking for their 1/48 '53 movie war machine, but they seem

to be out of stock most places. I saw one on Amazon at an inflated price

however. Some of their other War of the World kits based on the 2005 movie look amazing! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

More of a nostalgia trip, reorganising a cupboard I am came across these from many years ago……

IMG_7959.thumb.jpeg.9d87a9a9097d967da5e8d089209ce6fe.jpeg

I remember building that Sabre Dog and thinking it was way cool colour scheme. It was still new ish then ( 1975 according to Scalemates) 

For my sins....... I've gone a bit Kriegsmarine this January ....I know this got kinda mixed reviews over the years esp the canopy, but finding any replacements seem a bit like the U Boat , most have ceased production . Any specific advice appreciated . 

temp-Image-Fdlb6-E.jpg

• Like 8

Got myself the 32nd Mosquito Mk IV from Hong Kong Models! Just had to get it from my "old Local" store, since In 3 weeks I move back west to Winnipeg and a different hobby shop!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

I remember building that Sabre Dog and thinking it was way cool colour scheme. It was still new ish then ( 1975 according to Scalemates) 

For my sins....... I've gone a bit Kriegsmarine this January ....I know this got kinda mixed reviews over the years esp the canopy, but finding any replacements seem a bit like the U Boat , most have ceased production . Any specific advice appreciated . 

temp-Image-Fdlb6-E.jpg

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/accessories/14-kabina-pro-arado-ar-196-revell-v-meritku-132.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

temp-Image-Fdlb6-E.jpg

PW - I found this kit on a FB site last year with a lot of the aftermarket goodies for a great price so picked one up.  I had always wanted to build one on the HpH catapult set.  If you go to HpH, they also offer replacement parts for the Revell kit (probably just parts from their own Arado kit), including the canopy (as well as control surfaces, floats, engine, and cowl I believe).  I placed an order directly with them for the catapult, canopy, and other aftermarket with no problems.  

*EDIT* Just saw that Martin suggested HpH for the canopy.  

• Like 5

Cheers peep , I'll see how much they want for postage, ordered canopy is 15EUR  so we will see . 

Recently for me Dave Parkins wanted more for postage of some 1/48 resin figures than the efigures themselves ..for  a journey of 80 miles , so  didn't bother . Let hope HpH are silly too .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Cheers peep , I'll see how much they want for postage, ordered canopy is 15EUR  so we will see . 

Recently for me Dave Parkins wanted more for postage of some 1/48 resin figures than the efigures themselves ..for  a journey of 80 miles , so  didn't bother . Let hope HpH are silly too .

If I remember correctly, the Revell canopy needs to be built up from many pieces - the panes might have been individual parts.  Seems a bit crazy.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2024 at 8:15 PM, DocRob said:

Finally you did it, Phil. I´m sure you won´t regret it, reliable, refined tools are the way to go and the Infinity definitely is all of that.

Cheers Rob

Just tried the CR Plus using Vallejo and Tamiya acrylics………wow the Ultra is nice but this is unbelievable, thanks guys for the recommendation……

• Like 6