The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Würger Party!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

That's a strange breakdown of the wheel bay but all the same the detail looks good. As for the engine hmmm good job you have a fan in front of it 

Yeah, there’s very little there for the engine. Just enough cylinder detail to show behind the fan and spinner.   The detail is adequate for our scale but certainly there’s much more that could be done if you wanted to know the 8nternals were in there despite not being able see them.

Personally, I much prefer the buttoned up, ready for flight look, so the PCM approach suits me fine.

• Like 2

Coming back after a very long break from modelling, I will jump into the group build with Fw 190 D-9 of stab/JG4, a Fieseler built D9 discovered intact at Frankfort am Rhein-Main airfield, April 1945.  Using the 1/32 Hasegawa D9 kit, lots of resin update goodies, full riveting work on the kit and EagleCal decals.  

1338391303_600-1_LI.jpg1338391227_600-5_LI.jpgfw190d9-stab-jg4-michalski-frankfurt-194

• Like 4

How is the wheel bay for fit? It appears to be a copy of the Hasegawa part with a few modifications to pass muster (as is the engine facia), but the breakdown of the parts and the way it's split is unusual.

A link to my build, where I had no end of trouble getting the Aires resin bay to fit into the Hasegawa kit. 

• Members
On 9/11/2018 at 10:56 PM, Wumm said:

How is the wheel bay for fit? It appears to be a copy of the Hasegawa part with a few modifications to pass muster (as is the engine facia), but the breakdown of the parts and the way it's split is unusual.

A link to my build, where I had no end of trouble getting the Aires resin bay to fit into the Hasegawa kit. 

Steve I din't recall any fit issues with this area when I built my A-3.

• Like 1

• Members
17 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I really should focus on my B-25s but can I join in too? This has been sitting on top of my printer for the last 4 years or so.

IMG_20180917_224812-L.jpg

It's ended up as a bit of a dumping ground. I had to take a TiE fighter, and some car parts out of the box.

Carl

Yes, by all means.  In fact it's kind of mandatory now that you've posted a pic! :lol:

• Like 3

On 9/18/2018 at 10:35 AM, mikester said:

Steve I din't recall any fit issues with this area when I built my A-3.

Thanks Guys...

On 9/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, Clunkmeister said:

I test fit it last week and it snapped beautifully into place. The resin is decent on this one.

Looks like it splitting the ends of the wheel wells in the way they have is the better way to do it. Also seems to prove the fidelity of the PCM wing.

• Like 1