The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

FINISHED!!! Revell 1/48 B-29 finished in Bare Metal Foil

JohnnyK

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Wow, eye candy, the result you achieved is perfect. You can't beat the real material for the surface. It seems like the hard way to foil a plane, but it sure looks great.

Cheers Rob 

Yep, it takes a long time to finish a model in foil because each panel needs to be individually foiled.  However, is the best way to duplicate a NMF. The B-29 took over 100 hours, because a bunch of that time was spent correcting poor engineering, especially the exhaust pipes.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Brilliant result, Johnny! 

The Jug is a big beast in itself.  If you put a Ki-44 Tojo with it (a regular opponent), it would look even more huge...lol

Gaz

Following is a photo of my P-51 next to my P-47. The P-47 is a much larger plane.

xYfNvFi.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Johnny, I look at what you have achieved and I feel you have done those old moldings proud - I'm sure somewhere there's an old retired mold/modelmaker from Monogram looking at what you have created and smiling childlike to themselves over their coffee...

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!!

I really like working on those older Monogram/Revell models. It reminds me of when I put those together as a kid (long time ago).  Back then I tried to paint the finished model with Testors' paint from the little square bottles. That never worked out very well, so usually I left the models in their natural gray plastic, blobs of glue and fogged up canopies.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...