The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

P-47D Razorback build

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Of course, there always seems to be something we miss or a small redo. Sometimes in my zeal, I miss the obvious and only find it after the color coats are on and now, what a mess.

So at our age, looke twice, take a day’s break and check again to be sure. 

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

I think I have it all squared away now Peter so the next step is painting. :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Wingco57 said:

Are you sure there is a coaming?

I think so. The kit provides a base for the armored glass but it's not quite large enough to cover the space behind the IP. Looking at photos it appears the razorback jugs usually had it. The later bubble canopy a/c did not as far as I have been able to determine.

republic-p47d-thunderbolt.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/19/2018 at 12:58 AM, Peterpools said:

Thanks for posting the comparison photos, food for thought as always on how manufactures determine the shape, size and details.

As always, this depends entirely on the way the original is measured, and the source of any plans or drawings used. And then, how the Design team correlate that information and apply those two dimensional measurements to emulate a three dimensional object.

S

16 minutes ago, Wumm said:

As always, this depends entirely on the way the original is measured, and the source of any plans or drawings used. And then, how the Design team correlate that information and apply those two dimensional measurements to emulate a three dimensional object.

S

Yes. And the angle of the dangle is perpendicular to the fall of the balls when the beat of the meat is constant. LOL:D

• Like 6

220px-CastleLagerandGlass2016.jpg

On 12/1/2018 at 12:33 AM, JohnB said:

Yes. And the angle of the dangle is perpendicular to the fall of the balls when the beat of the meat is constant. LOL:D

You Sir, owe me a new keyboard. I just spewed the finest Castle Lager over mine. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Looking great John maybe a little more yellow in the od? 

I think I'll overspray with some Model Master 34087 as it's a bit "browner". I sure hate to have to re-paint as it takes (took) the better part of a hour. Just call me lazy! LOL:wacko:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Hi John

Awesome progress and looking so good. Second OD color looks spot on. Gloss will darken the OD a bit but then the flat should bring the original color back or very close to it.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I agree Peter. I'll shoot the gloss on tomorrow and start decaling after it's dry. Coming along okay!

22 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice paint job as always John. The second try at the top coat is definitely better. 

Carl

Thanks. As I was spraying the 1st color I kept thinking it just wasn't "right" but decided to continue and see how it looked when done. I knew then a different color was needed! :)