Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

29 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Another genre I’ve never tried.........looks great Carl..........Tamiya do a Mazda MX5 RF (Miata) exactly same as I have in 1:1........

Trying to get a decent gloss finish is the biggest challenge. Preferably one without dust or hair in it too.  

It's kind of fun building a model of something we own so give it a shot Phil.

So far, these are the  models of some of the cars I've owned that I can find:

-  1991 Honda Beat  by Aoshima 

- 1988 EF Civic by Aoshima

- 2000 EK Civic by Revell

- 2002 EP Civic by Fujimi

- 2006, 2008, 2009 FD Civic by Interallied and Hasbro. That last one is a Transformer. 

Just need to find a 1997 Dodge Caravan, 2011 Scion XB and and 2009 Honda FIT/Jazz and I'll have a model of every car I've owned. So far.

Carl

• Like 4

Back to the Wehrmacht figure I've been working on intermittently...

Backside is the base Tamiya Buff colour, front has full Camo pattern and has been weathered with AK pencils.

IMG_20200524_115630.thumb.jpg.71e089f8efc756ef6bf3c8e798b8d439.jpg

S

• Like 7

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I been kicking it on this Meng Leopard 2A4:

101219039_924467858019956_67969841304594

100906634_924467874686621_69991186616423

Gazz, did you use the kit tracks or aftermarket............. I have a Tamiya 2A6 I am going to try my hand at and am just wondering, not sure I want to use, the vinyl kit tracks

Edited by Jeff
more info
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Gazz, did you use the kit tracks or aftermarket............. I have a Tamiya 2A6 I am going to try my hand at and am just wondering, not sure I want to use, the vinyl kit tracks

Jeff, the kit tracks on this Meng are three piece workable tracks that don;t require any cement.  The whole suspension is quite alive with torsion bars and poly caps to keep everything moving.

But since the schurzen hang down to the road wheels, there's really no reason to buy AM tracks unless there is some other reason they offend you.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Thank you guys, now I need to get the kit from Hubert LOL

On its way ... Now in the hands of the Portuguese, then Canadian Post Office, which is a lifetime adventure in itself, I understand :) 

Hubert

• Like 4

This is not exactly "my bench", more like "my side desk". Two glass tops on trestle legs. The items below are all now lost to view by the crowded top.
On that "stash" level there is an un-opened 1/32 scale Tamiya P-51D Mustang just quietly waiting.

The featured work in progress is that white and grey lego attempt at a Russian N1. I've getting closer to finishing that stage 1 (blok A) base. it's so often put aside, as I try to order and source a few more tiles and bricks. It's the same 1:110 scale as the recent Lego Saturn V.
Next lego project is to make a mini figure scale TinTin Rocket, like the last image from Gronkius: https://www.flickr.com/photos/67516138@N02/

side-desk.jpeg

studio_software.jpg

N1 render.jpg

Gronkius_TinTin_Fusee.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

On its way ... Now in the hands of the Portuguese, then Canadian Post Office, which is a lifetime adventure in itself, I understand :) 

Hubert

Ooo.. I'm still tempted by your HKM Mosquito? But I'm comparing the Tamiya reviews vs the Hong Kong Model ones. But Tamiya does not do the glazed nose version, although I could build a butchered version.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IainMackayDall said:

Ooo.. I'm still tempted by your HKM Mosquito? But I'm comparing the Tamiya reviews vs the Hong Kong Model ones. But Tamiya does not do the glazed nose version, although I could build a butchered version.

Don’t hesitate to make me an offer ;) . It’s a nice kit, not without its fault, but it turns out into a nice result everytime I have seen one finished. The AM I  bought can contribute to making it even more stunning. I was thinking of kitbashing it with the Revell kit to correct the slightly too blunt wing-root radiators, and the Revell kit is a (free) part of my package :) If i can remember where I put it, I will add the Tasman vac-form transparencies, I KNOW I have, but where :wallbash: ?

And there is no beating the slender looks of a glass-nosed Mossie :wub:

Hubert

• Like 5