The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

So you guys are thumb upping my failures...gee thanks! :(

The alternative view point that prevails elsewhere is:

"If you can't cast your own parts, scratch-build the parts you can't cast, and everything doesn't come out perfect... You're not a real Modeller."

Rather, often we do our best, yet sometimes we still fail. We're with you, we get it, we live it.

• Like 4

Some wing ribs and drawings ...The ribs were cut using the Silhouette Curio. The drawings were downloaded on the net, and - what a surprise ! - did not prove that accurate ...

But I found some original Piper blueprints online. When I had sorted out the blueprints pertaining to the PA-22, out of the 486 blueprints covering the wj-hole family from PA-15 to PA-22, I could draw an accurate drawing of the tubes frame structure B) (so the only accurate scale drawing is mine, on the right of the pic, showing the frame)

The pile of ribs on the left are rejects, where I took into account a too-thick wing skin ...

Hubert

i-4vnndxV-600x450.jpg i-XvLtQKS-600x450.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, Wumm said:

The alternative view point that prevails elsewhere is:

"If you can't cast your own parts, scratch-build the parts you can't cast, and everything doesn't come out perfect... You're not a real Modeller."

Rather, often we do our best, yet sometimes we still fail. We're with you, we get it, we live it.

Thanks Mr Wumm.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Misha, welcome to LSM, dive right on in LSM is the laid back corner of the modelling forums......

Hello Misha ! Good to see you here !.....harv

• Like 2

00F176B7-71EA-4736-B3BD-3C1CD3FAAA89.thumb.jpeg.4b5e07bc84fc65bae94b0f8aafa6026d.jpegOk, you know I said I wasn’t going to start anything new. Well, it’s a beautiful bank holiday here and all my other projects need serious benchtime so.........take your workbench outside and start on 20 wheels ( 4 parts per wheel).......the gin & tonic will be later.....

• Like 6