The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

2 hours ago, Bill_S said:

That will make three benches that you have to search to find your tools, Carl!

Actually I thought ahead on that one. They each have their own sprue cutter, sanding sticks and brushes. Unfortunately they've been swiping my cement. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

There only two things to do here Carl.........stop starting new projects :rofl:and two buy the boys their own cement........simple, job done ...........and before I forget, finish something ....:respect:....

:rofl:.......harv

• Like 1

CAD learning curve flattening, Its all coming back form the '80's when I worked on router tables in sign shops.

I managed to layout the work on this burl slice nicely:

IMG-5669.jpg

The heart is a 2 piece box and the rectangular chung for a model base.

• Like 8

No wisdom from my side, yet it is good to sit back for a while and just observe the environment . Sometimes I forget that there is life outside etc. Break is good. My escape use to be nature, now it's running/jogging .

Mike , your Dauntless looks mighty fine :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'm not a drinker, but may start.

You could stare at the bottle.................:rolleyes:   I'm sure motivation will come, I'm kind of in the same boat as you are at the moment , mostly due to family stuff, and hospitals..... which has taken the zip out of me and fill my brain with other stuff...... But sometimes, I watch a movie I like usually an old one as most of the new ones don't really do much for me, and I can gain an idea or two from that.......  and sometimes that doesn't work either..............  not much help eh Ryan? no worries, my wife says the same thing:rofl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

No wisdom from my side, yet it is good to sit back for a while and just observe the environment . Sometimes I forget that there is life outside etc. Break is good. My escape use to be nature, now it's running/jogging .

Mike , your Dauntless looks mighty fine :)

That's what I was trying to say Martin..... you just said it much better....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Steve, that slab of wood is gorgeous .

Thanks M !

Burls are so cool. You never know what is inside.

I have over a hundred of them in various stages.

Here is some crazy spalted leopard spot maple for a base:

IMG-5499.jpg

• Like 7

What's on my bench now is something I consider a philosophical victory.   Yes, a Tamiya Mustang that's an easy build, but I see it as more.  This is the first time I've ever modified a kit and scratch built parts.  In the end it might not turn out the best, but to me it has become more about the journey than the destination.  I am pursuing 2 new "skills" in scratch building and resin casting that I have given a wide berth until now.  Getting over the fear of failure and pursuing my passion to a deeper level feels really good.  I can honestly thank my friends here for the support, parts, and knowledge they continually share.  So, what's on my bench? Fellowship, friends, passion, and self improvement.

Its amazing what a little bit of plastic can do for a guy...

20190429_193621.jpg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

OK I got nothing on the bench...worn out and can't get motivated to do anything.

Any words of wisdom?

Maybe a nostalgia build?  Something from when you were a kid that isn't too hard to find?  I've done two in the last few years and kinda enjyoed the trip way back.

Good luck!

Gaz

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TJTX said:

I can honestly thank my friends here for the support, parts, and knowledge they continually share.  So, what's on my bench? Fellowship, friends, passion, and self improvement.

Well spoken and a heavy dose of positive load for one bench ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Maybe a nostalgia build?  Something from when you were a kid that isn't too hard to find?  I've done two in the last few years and kinda enjyoed the trip way back.

Good luck!

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, it may be time for a focus change...been building AC for a while, might need to jump back into armor.

• Like 5

Not sure if some of you are like this concerning model making, but I have to be "all in" on a subject choice.

For example I will go for months on tanks and then go to AC over night and not even think about tanks until the AC magic runs out.

• Like 3