Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

52 minutes ago, mark31 said:

Printing another gb entry 

Last parts are printing now an we are going for star wars.

20240917_182658.thumb.jpg.908bb074657f35eef4837f510a3dc598.jpg

20240917_182637.thumb.jpg.8338689f7f1fce05209d9f9525152ce1.jpg

Mark

Holy Schomoli ! Thats a print and a half .

I thought the other looked friggin awesome . Is this 1/6th / 1/12 or ............whatever you could max out of the printer 😀

Bit of Weird Al ? 

• Like 3

This is what is happening on my bench, first up I cleared it of anything that was getting in my way, so the plastic drawers with my paint in had to go, all eight of them. These were relegated to shelving units behind my chair, so a quick swivel in my chair and I can access them.

Then I  bought what looked like a more compact set of modelling drawers from a UK based company called EBMA Hobby and Craft, these arrive in kit form, see below.

J68FxU.jpg

Out with the wood glue and this emerged after one hour, probably the fastest build that my desk has ever seen.

uEEAGV.jpg

It is szed for Humbrol tinlets, so my Humbrol, Xtracolor, Revell and Sovereign Colour coats can live in them.

The company also does shelves and storage for other makes of paint and makes other useful model related items.

Cheer

Dennis

• Like 7

18 hours ago, mark31 said:

This is 1/6 and not max out the printer.

I tink i can still make it bigger but this is big enough for me

That are 4 print sesions the longest whas 14 hours.

Mark

star-wars-tusken-sculpture-3d-model-337492d200.jpg.6af80c7af574677c5c1672f40327783d.jpg

Mark

Impressive and it's huge. Surely you and Hubert are becoming the forums' masters of 3D printing. 

18 hours ago, Spitfire said:

This is what is happening on my bench, first up I cleared it of anything that was getting in my way, so the plastic drawers with my paint in had to go, all eight of them. These were relegated to shelving units behind my chair, so a quick swivel in my chair and I can access them.

Then I  bought what looked like a more compact set of modelling drawers from a UK based company called EBMA Hobby and Craft, these arrive in kit form, see below.

J68FxU.jpg

Out with the wood glue and this emerged after one hour, probably the fastest build that my desk has ever seen.

uEEAGV.jpg

It is szed for Humbrol tinlets, so my Humbrol, Xtracolor, Revell and Sovereign Colour coats can live in them.

The company also does shelves and storage for other makes of paint and makes other useful model related items.

Cheer

Dennis

Dennis

Nothing like organization and neatness.  Aces on a nice job.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 8:13 PM, ScottsGT said:

Yea, unfortunately I cannot start on it for a while.  Tomorrow is booked with Dr.’s appointments and we leave for Virginia on Wednesday for our sons graduation from Captains Career school.  I did spend a little time today reading over the instructions.  

Where in VA are you headed to?

2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Where in VA are you headed to?

Well, we’re already home now. But our son was in Chester, near Richmond. He’s actually packing up to leave right now and heads this way tomorrow or Friday. 
Then we jumped over to Brownsburg near Lexington.  Our youngest daughter lives there.  They just bought their first home.  A really neat 98 yo house.  It’s got character.  The town is a tiny, quiet little village in the rolling farmland hills.  

• Like 1