The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ho229 at the Udvar-Hazy Center

• Administrators

Time to to start a new project. This kit has been in my stash a while. Waiting for me to gather the courage. I will be building it in it’s current state: under restoration. Ofcourse with a few creative liberties. It has been excellently done before:

93BE7F0F-7F3B-4AE4-9F58-160D579FE92C.jpegDECB022D-D0F4-4916-8D1C-0D9695B65A93.jpeg

The above is my aim and i’ll be happy with half the result.

This is where i’m at:

888D5114-FB0E-49CA-8BC7-9EAC517234A8.jpeg30388F3D-BE0D-4DE0-8DC6-36F1B46271CD.jpeg

• Like 14

Tough one, but interesting and very tempting. I'm looking forward to your build. I guess you know the SWS Concept Notes from Zoukei Moura. There are some detail pics of the very same airframe included, along with scale drawings and of course some WIP-pics

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Tough one, but interesting and very tempting. I'm looking forward to your build. I guess you know the SWS Concept Notes from Zoukei Moura. There are some detail pics of the very same airframe included, along with scale drawings and of course some WIP-pics

Cheers Rob

69CC3EB7-1010-4C19-8487-5343087872BD.jpeg

• Like 8

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GusMac said:

Nice, I'll be interested how you achieve the rusted rear edge to the wing/fuselage.

Well it’s not rust. All plywood that has started to come apart and showing its layers. I have some plans for that...

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

This will be great to follow. 

Jeroen, do you have the Kaveri book on the Ho229? It's got some great 3D images in it.

Carl

Yes i do. And i have all the ‘needed’ AM. Will post a few pics later.

• Like 4