The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ryan , this is such a little gem. Just do it Man ! OOB trouble free Tamiya, yes. Also a dry brush can be quite aggressive. I would say Tamiya weathering powders or artistic dry pastels would do the trick. 

712LYKQcZyL._SX466_.jpg

• Like 4

Managed to get the entire undercarriage completed this week end, only a couple of snags, one being a gap on one of the front leaf spring mounts.

Tried something new also, instead of cleaning each part prior to assembly, I stuck it all together and made the choice then of what to clean up (based on what really can be seen). Made assembly a lot faster.

40873517813_3fa0fde85d_b.jpgM20 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

40873517903_c24f8854d1_b.jpgM20 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

47840293331_291158b5f3_b.jpgM20 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

40873517663_cc6802b786_b.jpgM20 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Ryan

• Like 6

Lookin great Ryan................. aren't those old school Verlinden boos great?  I have one or two as well, I love them.... following with interest......... nice clean save on the spring mounts....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Ryan,

Looking good.  I’m glad I’m Not the only one reducing build time by not focusing on the soon-to-be-invisible.

Yeah I used to beat myself up for not cleaning each part as if I was cheating.

Of course there are some parts that must be cleaned first, but it seems easier to assemble what you can and clean only what is seen.

Another bonus is the assembly will also hold the smaller parts so they can be cleaned easier.

Time to make this fun again.

• Like 3