The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Connie Edwards Ha-1112 Buchon

• Administrators

I’m sure we’ve all seen the old Battle of Britain movie stars covered in dust. These were part of the private collection of Connie Edwards. I intend to use the Revell 109G-6 kit with the Attitude Aviation conversion to replicate a part of this scene.

89889161-2E1F-4A7E-8E6A-F8F18FC0297C.jpeg6C8B7FE3-576A-4ED5-AC40-42FBA23ACD7E.jpeg

After 45 minutes in the cave I came this far:

52BAAAFE-8EE5-49AC-AF1C-B0CEAB70116A.jpeg

Kit and conversion courtesy of conversion designer and 3d artist Ronnie Olsthoorn and Attitude Aviation.

stay tuned.

• Like 10

• Administrators
6 hours ago, airscale said:

inspired idea :)

I love this lens you bring to modelling Jeroen - makes me think I need to think wider than just building an aeroplane..

can't wait to see this one

Peter

I’m thinking we all do. You folks see the world of modeling differently than I.  All I’ve ever thought is to create a complete miniature totally believable aircraft model as seen through the eyes of a pilot walking up to go flying. You guys take it way past my vision. I’m often left speechless in awe. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Looking forward to seeing your vision come to fruition.  Couldn't make myself build a damaged 109, tho.  Love em too much.

Yet every time we crack open a beer can or Coca Cola, we’re probably sipping from a recycled 109.

:)

• Like 4

Hmmm...I don't know about that. According to all my old advertisements from the late 50s/early 60s soda cans were initially made from tin. Bethlehem Steel especially loved blabbing about it in Life all the time. I think a lot of that old aluminum got recycled prior to that era.

• Like 4

I've always hated "buchon" painted in german scheme...    maybe you'll change my mind!  but man , your idea is very cool  and undoubtedly you will nail it!

here is an interesting video painting "buchones" for the movie , hope it is useful to you, cheers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yet every time we crack open a beer can or Coca Cola, we’re probably sipping from a recycled 109.

:)

One has to wonder where it all went.  Not that it matters.  Just like all of the water in the world has been re-used over the millennia.  Your morning coffee probably had Pancho Villa's urine in it.:rofl:

• Like 5

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

One has to wonder where it all went.  Not that it matters.  Just like all of the water in the world has been re-used over the millennia.  Your morning coffee probably had Pancho Villa's urine in it.:rofl:

Yeah, I hit you where it hurt, you nail me to the wall.  As long as it’s not Santa Ana or my ex Wife’s urine, I’m good with it. 

L M A O!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, antonio argudo said:

I've always hated "buchon" painted in german scheme...    maybe you'll change my mind!  but man , your idea is very cool  and undoubtedly you will nail it!

here is an interesting video painting "buchones" for the movie , hope it is useful to you, cheers

I know what you mean, I'm sure jeroen will make it look brilliant though. 

• Like 5

• Administrators

Thnx guys.

at the moment i’m cutting away a lot of plastic and resin to make the set fit the revell kit AND to show the wingroots in the proper way. The wingroots actually need to come off and the fuse should be flush. Slowly but surely the nose is starting to fit. As you can see i’ll need to scratch the gear hinges.

4AC101A8-11F5-4397-8780-249029059286.jpeg188DEEE4-FFBD-4166-B748-B6B9908EE4B0.jpegE0BD344E-CA34-40C2-99DD-8A636E5D414C.jpeg81B64E4E-E973-4E3A-99A9-D58267A65262.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, I hit you where it hurt, you nail me to the wall.  As long as it’s not Santa Ana or my ex Wife’s urine, I’m good with it. 

L M A O!

Santa Ana was the other contender.  Would Sam Houston been a happier choice?  Lol.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...