The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Whole in the stash

harv

In the morning I got reminded, that actually there is a big hole in my stash and I forgot about temporarily. I always dreamt about buying a Citroen DS in real live, but for different reasons it never happened and now on my tiny island a Goddess would not be of much use. Lots of stuff to transport and lots of off road driving are not the perfect terrain for a DS.
As a kit I eyed for years at the 1/16 Heller offering, but not liking Heller kits very much and the kit being a DS-19, I waited and waited, till I saw the Ebbro offering.

Two minutes ago I ordered one, but are not entirely sure about the finish. It might end up newish or, preferred at the moment as a Hippie mobile with a girl and a guitar sitting in the grass in front of a worn DS.

Cheers Rob

Bildergebnis für ebbro citroen ds21

Bildergebnis für maim girl playing guitar 1/24

Pictures are for discussion only

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, GusMac said:

DS the version with the 'hydrogas' suspension?

Yes Gus, the DS/ID had a hydro pneumatic suspension, but the late models of the predecessor C15 had it also and that was in the 50's. What I always loved about the DS is the package of innovative design in a mass market product, combined with so many technically inventions, I guess never have been implemented in a single car. The DS could drive on three wheels, thanks to the suspension system (ask De Gaulle what he was thinking about it, after escaping an armed ambush on three wheels in a DS).

Fifteen years ago Mercedes Benz advertised their 'new' headlights, which followed the steering as an innovation, a feature which the DS already had in 1967.

And then there is the design, a piece of art, French finesse combined with engineering attitude. A car of this kind wouldn't stand a chance in our times. Nobody would dare to put that many innovations on the market, instead Citroen puts some design enhanced new DS models on the streets, which are basically typically new small cars with a little bit of funky attitude.

She is called Goddess for a reason

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, GusMac said:

Remember them as a kid as there was nothing else that exotic on UK roads. British Leyland's speciality was functional and rust-prone rather than exotic!

Don’t get me started about British Leyland, there was only one manufacturer that rusted out quicker...........Alfa Romeo Sud..........engine fell out of mine.......

D213CC87-534C-467B-A4A6-0F869C8B7D85.jpeg

• Like 5

On 9/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, Jackster said:

I am with Phil and the Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster, I still remember drooling over a built up one in the local model store when I was around 15, 40 odd years ago!

So I found a Tamiya Lanc on evil-bay.........good price and not started..........as per #&#&##&#&# usual was out bid within the last 10 seconds. There was only one other bidder...........I have never won auction ever.........give up with eBay, never again............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jackster said:

It was me who won it mate, sorry!!

Nah only joking, i don't bid on there for the same reason, too many snipers, snatching at the last minute!

YOU guys ...................................:rofl:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

So I found a Tamiya Lanc on evil-bay.........good price and not started..........as per #&#&##&#&# usual was out bid within the last 10 seconds. There was only one other bidder...........I have never won auction ever.........give up with eBay, never again............

No need to put down eBay if you didn’t bid enough. You know you can put your max bid in on an item and proxy bidding will automatically bid for you during the auction? If you truly want something, bid enough money, you will always win. This system is put in place to prevent sniping. As a matter of fact, a sniper will never win against a proxy bid.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, GusMac said:

Yeah, Alfa built good looking cars but they were a bit unsuited to our climate shall we say! That colour is just so evocative of UK car colours in the 70s.

Lol, not just UK, that and avocado green were universal 70’s colors. I’m sure somewhere there was a butternut yellow alien spaceship cruising around the galaxy.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2019 at 11:17 PM, Bomber_County said:

Don’t get me started about British Leyland, there was only one manufacturer that rusted out quicker...........Alfa Romeo Sud..........engine fell out of mine.......

I had an Alpha Romeo years ago. Great fun to drive but Australia was a bit harsh for it. Plus it was hard to fit my drums. Sold it and got a van. 

It was really fun to drive. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

• Administrators

well... that would be 1:32 WnW Gotha G.I, 1:32 HpH Fw-189 and the future 1:32 WnW Handley Page O/100, !:32 WnW Lancaster, 1:32 WnW Hansa- Brandenburg D1  and 1:32 ZM Hs 129 B-3.

and list goes on and on... :D :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...