The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Saturn V Real Size Scale Model

Ryan

Ryan,

I regret to inform you that I must retract my offer to build a 1:1 scale Moon.

After a moment of research I have come to the realization that I have no way to house even a partially finished Moon. In addition to that hurdle, the build volume of my 3D printer is a meager 300x300x400mm.

Due to my advanced age, I fear I could not even bang out the Sea of Tranquility prior to my expiration. I'm also afraid I could not shoulder the expense of the required ABS filament without support from the community or a sponsor.

I'm too proud a man to ask for help. For those reasons, I'm out.

Apologies.................. 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, Ryan said:

Gentlemen, Marian has inspired me...I have tossed aside all of my WNW kits and have decided to go big!

Please send me all drawings and information on the rocket for this project, oh and I will be starting on the gantry first.

I live about 100 miles from redstone, I could go and take some measurements if you wish. Perhaps if you ask NASA nicely, they can provide you blueprints also.

• Like 5

• Administrators

I've actually been building ships for almost 20yrs, but had a period out of in and back in this hobby. I'm pretty burned out with plastic for many reasons including wall-to-wall wankers wailing about everything from accuracy, to paint/weathering product wars and the cult of plastic celebrity. Utter arse. It's all impacted my mojo badly, and I don't feel I'm improving and upping my game as I just don't have the opportunity to. 

• Like 6

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

James, that’s exactly why I jumped to WW1 and obscure subjects.  Nobody alive can say for sure what color it was and old pics ain’t coloured 

The problems run far deeper. A couple of years away should do me some good.

My time will be taken building a prototype of a 1:64 HMS Victory. I was planning a 1:1 of it and asking that guy for assistance. 

Here's the first prototype. Mine will be used for creating the two assembly manuals of this 1.6m long beast...

1664837098_Victoryhullassembly.thumb.jpg.fa7623099c2437681e21319beab5e1ba.jpg

163367651_Vicstudioshot1.jpg.600fa581453f09dd88b3fcece88dfab3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, James H said:

My time will be taken building a prototype of a 1:64 HMS Victory. I was planning a 1:1 of it and asking that guy for assistance. 

Here's the first prototype. Mine will be used for creating the two assembly manuals of this 1.6m long beast...

And you're sitting on a ready supply of building material with that chair as well.  

The 1/64 size will be easier to get moving as well. You could almost blow start that one with a 1:1 scale kitchen fan.  Just keep the cord out of the water.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Admins, I have come to realize this project will never happen, feel free to delete.

I have moved on to building a 1:1 Scale MechaGodzilla.

I certainly hope your decision was not the result of my complete and utter failure to support you.

Maybe it's better this way. If your compound is encompassed by some acreage, you will likely better achieve this reset goal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HubertB said:

Hey, it just occurred to me that a new member here has his head so overblown and full of s#%&t that it could pass as The Moon in Ryan's 1:1 Moon-landing diorama :stirthepot:

Hubert

Certainly as the moon seen in the silent film A Trip to the Moon by Georges Meliès. :D

Carl

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I might be able to help out there. I have the movie and more importantly, slept in a Holiday Inn recently. :D

I don’t mind saying I love those movies.

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Ryan said:

It wasn’t bad, but those old ones are part of the reason I enjoy models...seeing all those miniatures used in those films as a kid!

True that, Ryan. Godzilla, Mothra, and others terrified me as a young kid, but I always went back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I might be able to help out there. I have the movie and more importantly, slept in a Holiday Inn recently. :D

Was it a run of the mill Holiday Inn or one of the legendary Holiday Inn Express properties?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, James H said:

Can this be a WIP so we can watch?? I'd love to see this come together.........................................this would be EPIC!

• Thanks 1