Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya Mossie build resumed

This one has been calling my name ever since I bought it so now I'm going to get with the program and build it. A truly magnificent kit . My plan is to build it as a a/c from RCAF number 418 squadron with black undersides. Thanks go out to Carl for providing the needed decals.:)

I'm starting to paint the grey-green interior parts for now.

FSMNP1015_11.jpg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Excellent!! 

Yet another JohnB "How to build Tamiya s**t fast and accurate like" build thread :D :D 

Rog :)

LOL Rog. This one looks like it will take quite a bit longer than a Corsair, Mustang or Spitfire. My intentions are to take my time and do it right. ;) (I have to say, Tamiya 1/32 kits are hard to beat for enjoyment of build, etc.)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, JohnB said:

LOL Rog. This one looks like it will take quite a bit longer than a Corsair, Mustang or Spitfire. My intentions are to take my time and do it right. ;) (I have to say, Tamiya 1/32 kits are hard to beat for enjoyment of build, etc.)

John, Mate! :D ....

As far as I am aware ... you and the rest of the modelling world walk in different time dimensions.

Mathematically, normal speed for you is (Avg Mt x 26) where Mt = Modeller's time to build. So maybe you on a slow build is like (Avg Mt x 15) or something?!?

Either way you'll still have it done before I even plan the next build.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

John, Mate! :D ....

As far as I am aware ... you and the rest of the modelling world walk in different time dimensions.

Mathematically, normal speed for you is (Avg Mt x 26) where Mt = Modeller's time to build. So maybe you on a slow build is like (Avg Mt x 15) or something?!?

Either way you'll still have it done before I even plan the next build.

LOL Rog. Interesting formulas! :rolleyes: I expect it to take at least a couple of months but we'll see as time goes on. :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Hi mate. Do you have a large cabinet where you keep all these big models, or do you give each their own cases?

I worry about having to dust my built models.

I am looking forward to this build. :)

I have 6 display cases but now they are all full. I need another one but have just about run out of room! LOL For now I have to bunch the models up a bit closer together but still have some outside the cases. :wacko:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

I have 6 display cases but now they are all full. I need another one but have just about run out of room! LOL For now I have to bunch the models up a bit closer together but still have some outside the cases. :wacko:

John, have you ever looked into commercial display cases? They are relatively large and inexpensive for the amount of glass you get. 

this one is 4ft wide, 6ft tall, and 18” deep.

https://thefixturezone.com/frameless-tower-display-case-48.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o20&scid=scplpframeless-tower-display-case-48&sc_intid=frameless-tower-display-case-48&gclid=CjwKCAiAh5_uBRA5EiwASW3Iaq2PEc_bAB3TMZB1qlwzgibL2-_DUGc2RCPwB3lwgtrbgHv3vPTAPRoCbAUQAvD_BwE

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Thanks! I have 4 commercial cases but they are horizontal instead of vertical.  I'd sure like to get one like the one shown. If I could find one that would fit my budget I'd jump on it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...