The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

We're going to stage 3 lockdown at midnight, so no groups of 3 or more, you should only go out for supplies when you need to. Being an introvert is somewhat an advantage at the moment.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, BradG said:

Half my cricket club lost their jobs last week, some with no job to go back to. I'm fairly ok, but have no work coming in. I expect most of my tradie mates will be unemployed within a week or so.  I really do hope world leaders hold China responsible for their incompetence and lying over this, if not for their bungling, this wouldn't have been a global pandemic. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:37 AM, Jeff said:

AND along with that, maybe send them the BILL for payment??  The one thing I take from all of this is at least it is not just a few of us that are in the mess, those guys with the decisions made, pissed off a LOT of people world wide, and maybe they should just sit back and be quiet and a bit humble for burning everyone.............. they probably won't but I think they should.................... hang in there everyone, I'm sure we will get through this, and with luck maybe the world will find a little more compassion for each other? ................................ well one can hope can't he?

Yep, I predict A LOT of companies pulling out of China over this whole mess...

• Like 2

I am doing well. It is cool that I have nowhere I have to be. While confined I feel free. Right now I have ZERO responsibilities. I am so pleased I decided to never marry when age 7. I have stuck by this decision for 49 years. 

What must I do? I go to the grocer at 0700 every 3 days to avoid people. I  take out the rubbish and do recycling. I ring my old man, "How'reyadoin'dad?" We both then comment on the fact we woke up! He's 91, I am supposed to be dead, win win! :D

So here is how I am spending my regular day:

Make a coffee and have home made jam on pikelets. Have a shower. Then work on a model or two.

I stopped watching the news. All I see are idiotic politicians spewing BS. As far as I can tell they are winging it while making excuses, their big plans...blah blah blah. Each more foolish than those previous...

Idiots all.

I have an Audible suscription and have been listening to lectures. Subjects include Chinese history, Exploring the roots of religion, My favorite universe by Neil GeGrasse Tyson and others.

Today i listened to 10 lectures given by Prof Gregory S. Aldrete on the subject History of the ancient world: A global perspective. From lecture 37, hunter gathers and Polynesians, to lecture 46, Holy men and women, monasticism and saints. 

While listening I worked on a 1/48 jet trainner, followed by working on an armour subject.

More of the same tomorrow. 

Gatherings here are allowed 2 persons only. 

I am enjoying myself. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TJTX said:

On a positive note, I've been very happy to see how "alive" our neighborhood has been.  Everyone out taking walks, working in their yards and just sitting out front with their garage doors open saying hello to those out walking.  Perhaps this will reignite the desire for people to just slow down a bit and appreciate the simple things in life like family, fellowship, and community. 

Yeah, that is positive, and you're right maybe this will get us more grounded, and back to being caring and 'neighborly' again, like it was when I was a kid ( oh geez, I sound like my dad now ), but it's true, this may slow the fast paced world a little bit? That would be cool, kids BACK outside playing, and friends getting together over the fence as it were.....  lets go back to the 50's and 60's...................

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

April 15 2020

Everything has exploded exponentially.

The Virus mutated several times , becoming more and more virulent and deadly.in the warmer weather.

Seniors homes and hospitals closed as the inundation of infected people overloaded facility's.

Jails are full of corpses and more are dropped of almost hourly. Crime surged and then went astronomical as infected people decided to take as many with them as possible and vigilante groups sprung up. Corpses are all over the streets and gathering places. Rats and predators roam at will and are getting stronger with all of the food laying around. I have a creek through my yard so water is ok for me, but there are reports of infected people urinating and defacating in water supplies. Murders and  assaults are moment by moment  as old scores and general dislike of each other boils over into terminal confrontations. Mass murders of officials , police , union members and the other elites who thought hoarding and denial of service was going to go over positively.

My food is running out , the 2 cats , getting fat on rat meat , are still purring. I am keeping them out of sight as there was a community dinner recently where all of the pets were cooked up and shared, I heard the gravy was really good.

Power is still on but most government sites are closed due to wholesale slaughter of goverment officials . I've watched as members here have died off ; Harvs Goodbye thread full of their dispair and passing on has strangly kept me somewhat happy , if thats possible.

On a positive note , I finally finished A Gotha.

• Like 4

April 30 2020

The Virus mutated a final time, the waves of death surged , peaked and abated. The hardest hit were the young people , the spring breakers , the pub crawlers. Not many elderly left, an unforseen and unheard of prior , surge in respect for the elders helped more of them to live.

Gravel pits and quarrys were repurposed into mass gravesites with dump trucks full of corpses lined up to drop off into the pit. Criminals now run things , out in the open , unlike the hypocrasy that was in place prior. Killings , murders , starvation have all run past the death toll of the virus. People who were at the bottom of society with nothing to lose are now running thier own kingdoms with brutal martial law ,if it can be called that , in place.

I fear for my sanity , the cats are gone , flavorful but I saw what they had been eating and could barely keep their meat down. Packs , gangs of the survivors roam at will , reporting to the top criminals in the area. Parks and recreation facilities have been turned into makeshift 'courts' and tribunals. The rows of decapitated heads ringing the grounds give mute testimony to the outcome of the 'trials.

I cant build any more models as I am out of supplies. I rigged up a hose to my closet from the exhaust of my truck , I dont think there is much to live for now.

Oh! Wait!   WNW just came out with a 1/32 scale Halifax bomber!

Perhaps I'll try to keep going.

• Like 3

What!?

A 1/32 Halifax ! Its not that hard to believe!

Sense of humour sources throughout my life:

MAD magazine

MPFC

HST

National Lampoon.

Starting to get the idea!?

Just some fun , no need for a judgement call on krow113.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, krow113 said:

My food is running out , the 2 cats , getting fat on rat meat , are still purring. I am keeping them out of sight as there was a community dinner recently where all of the pets were cooked up and shared, I heard the gravy was really good.

Your Dog...

When he hears your Wife call out

"Can someone bring the Dog in for Dinner?"

IMG_20200331_094452.jpg.975b9c282ec37b806bcbbcb0f7361a1f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I have it from a first-hand source that cat meat is stringy, tough, and very gamey.

Yes, apparently like all pure carnivorous animals’ meat.

I have a Maine Coon at home. I am trying to have her take some fat, especially as she is, like all of her breed, a BIG cat, but it’s all in the hairs. The other one on the hand is like me, with extra fat pillows for hibernation. And then there is the dog ...

Take care everyone.

Hubert

• Like 3