The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

11 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Don't worry at all Dale,

You haven't been responsible for anything untoward that I've seen. Certainly no worse than any other of us Nutcases!

I'm sorry if I ribbed you a little about the political side of things. I sometimes forget about the effects the medication can often have on you. My former Partner was on some wicked meds going through M.S. - she had horrible nerve pain daily, and would cycle through waves of delirium and lucidity during the course of a normal day. She once called the Police on me because I wouldn't come over and clean the leaves out of the roof gutters.

If I can allay your fears a little, my now Brother-in-Law is a Police Despatcher, and I can tell you that they get all types of calls especially in the middle of the night, and have special training to separate the genuine calls from everything else. So try to not worry so much about that side of things, and try to stay safe Buddy.

We've got your back.

Hi Wumm.

When I was fifteen I rang mum. I was working in NSW and she was in Melbourne. She sounded strange. I quit my job and went to her.

She was strange. She had M.S. We didn't know. I nursed her from 16 to 28. This stopped me being in the 88 Olympics and held back my music career.

I understand M.S. intimately.  :thumbsup2:

Sorry. Back to topic..

• Like 5

This stay at home is starting to make me do some weird stuff. Was researching what paints are required for my ZM F4J. Picking every bottle and tin up see the code got to me.......so............I now have all my paints referenced in a spreadsheet with FS and RLM codes..........I’ll be counting rivets next........nooooooooo:secret:

and as a dyed in the wool prop person, I was looking at starting a jet thingy...........

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

This stay at home is starting to make me do some weird stuff. Was researching what paints are required for my ZM F4J. Picking every bottle and tin up see the code got to me.......so............I now have all my paints referenced in a spreadsheet with FS and RLM codes..........I’ll be counting rivets next........nooooooooo:secret:

and as a dyed in the wool prop person, I was looking at starting a jet thingy...........

Lol, yes staying at home has me doing crazy things...like fixing the screening door, cleaning the garage, vacuuming, laundry, gardening...crazy stuff. 

in reality, being cooped up with two defiant elderly in-laws and a 6 yo, makes for stress. Everyone gets cabin fever and tensions are high. Even the dog is getting cranky. My modeling time has decreased significantly, as my wife is now working from home, and took over my office, so I am considering moving my workbench to the garage. Damn, I really want things to go back to normal.

• Like 5

On 3/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, BradG said:

Half my cricket club lost their jobs last week, some with no job to go back to. I'm fairly ok, but have no work coming in. I expect most of my tradie mates will be unemployed within a week or so.  I really do hope world leaders hold China responsible for their incompetence and lying over this, if not for their bungling, this wouldn't have been a global pandemic. 

Yeah right like the UN is actually going to do something, dream on.

• Like 4

I balked today at ordering pegs from China for the crib boards I make.

Then a search revealed there is no other place to get them at a viable price. If I order 1000 that will be enough for a few years production.

See how that worked?

I'm watching civility and decorum , as much as is left , slip away in public and on fbook pages etc.

The outstanding hypocrisy of the western world could be a victim of this situation. Shedding the thin veneer of 'respect' might be a good thing.

Someone has the world by the throat , and I am worried about the end game.

• Like 2

I am having a WTF moment today. Today most governors of the each state announced that quarantine measures will be lifted at the end of the month. Am I missing something here? There is no way I am sending my son back to school without either a valid widespread medicine or vaccine to the Coronavirus. This seems like lunacy to me, what are they thinking? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I am having a WTF moment today. Today most governors of the each state announced that quarantine measures will be lifted at the end of the month. Am I missing something here? There is no way I am sending my son back to school without either a valid widespread medicine or vaccine to the Coronavirus. This seems like lunacy to me, what are they thinking? 

I agree, I'm concerned that if they do this too soon, it will light a fuse we may not be able to put out, we are already in this shut down thing, most folks are getting used to it , and for the most part we seem to be in a routine, so lets just be sure and not jump the gun as they say........... better safe than sorry?

• Like 1

Watching as the small town across the water from me starts to unravel.

At this point the mayor and his friends have blanketed the town in nepotism and cronyism for decades , with a lot through the saturation sale of whatever blow is now. 1 year of steady use and your not coming back to what you were before. And when the worst crack house wasfinally closed , why was the mayor in attendance? Because : HIS FRIEND OWNED THE HOUSE.

The legions of drug addicted assholes have been having their way with town residents for years and are empowered by the police who "cant do anything". So they built a low income housing project to house them all. Go inside , the first question they ask is if you want a "10 bag or a 20 bag". Of needles.

I read this morning of a family that rented to some of these druggies , they wont pay rent , have threatened violence , leave the heat on all night with all the windows open etc , etc.  The suggested advice on fbook ranges from " I'm sorry " to " kill them all"

Cops: "We cant do anything"

This drug addicted scum has more rights than hard working Canadians . I you get into a physical encounter , they have more rights than you as they are "mentally ill" so its a hate crime on you.

As I heard in a movie I once saw: "Getting sporty 'round here!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krow113 said:

Watching as the small town across the water from me starts to unravel.

At this point the mayor and his friends have blanketed the town in nepotism and cronyism for decades , with a lot through the saturation sale of whatever blow is now. 1 year of steady use and your not coming back to what you were before. And when the worst crack house wasfinally closed , why was the mayor in attendance? Because : HIS FRIEND OWNED THE HOUSE.

The legions of drug addicted assholes have been having their way with town residents for years and are empowered by the police who "cant do anything". So they built a low income housing project to house them all. Go inside , the first question they ask is if you want a "10 bag or a 20 bag". Of needles.

I read this morning of a family that rented to some of these druggies , they wont pay rent , have threatened violence , leave the heat on all night with all the windows open etc , etc.  The suggested advice on fbook ranges from " I'm sorry " to " kill them all"

Cops: "We cant do anything"

This drug addicted scum has more rights than hard working Canadians . I you get into a physical encounter , they have more rights than you as they are "mentally ill" so its a hate crime on you.

As I heard in a movie I once saw: "Getting sporty 'round here!"

Oh, man Steve, that lights my fire............... same thing goes on here in the Kootenays............. really frustrating, the other day the cops went into the 'new homeless' camp in town, arrested a bunch of them found lots of drugs, and guns, and then let them all go..... hhmmmm......something seems amiss here.......  I could go on , but I will refrain.... but rest assured I am really frustrated by all this that goes on in our Province..... and now Translink want 250 million !!  :rofl:yo-yo's

• Like 2

Here's how it works Jeff;

A person chooses to do drugs.

They do so much they are mentally unable to regain their normal self.

A doctor decries they are mentally unstable .

They now have more rights than you. With enormous resources at their disposal , all they have to do is play the woe is me card.

They assault you , you defend yourself , you get hurt , get to hear the cops say; "we cant do anything" , things go wrong and add a couple of bleeding heart 'witness' , you are now the criminal.

Not only that , it gets classified as a hate , or religious , or gay crime , now your sentence will be even worse.

You as a responsible person feel guilt , shame and are financially impacted.

They feel nothing.

The best thing is to vacate immediately when one of these shows up , especially now with cops rigid with fear , scared to even pull anyone over for traffic violations.

This is approximately 5 weeks into lockdown, another 3-4 at least to go.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, 1to1scale said:

This is astoundingly optimistic.

Our State of 5 million people have had two consecutive days of single figure Covid 19 cases (with no deaths), and we're in the second week of the Easter break. The Federal Government is saying that Schools are safe so long as you practice Social Distancing, but the Queensland Government isn't buying that and is recommending people keep the Children at home. This is causing a lot of confusion.

This same State Government has been directing the Police to fine people for sunbaking alone on deserted beaches and sitting reading in the sunshine on park benches, yet made us all line up a couple of weeks ago to vote in Local Council elections. The ironic part of this is that most Polling booths here are held in School halls, where they don't want Children congregating in numbers apparently.

Schools will be open here for the Children of essential workers from next week, and they are tentatively planning to re-open to all Students at the start of July.

S

• Like 1

Okay, so I work as a teacher in a residential treatment facility that treats juveniles brought in for various legal charges, and as such my work has claimed me as an essential worker so the clients can receive schooling while in treatment. We can't do this from home like a regular school, obviously. Everything has been cool since this all started.

Today, we in the education staff found out that the facility director snuck four sick kids out to the gym and only told a couple other people who he needed to move the kids. The head nurse was not told; she found out later from someone else. No email was sent to staff to alert us to the situation. We were sending kids to play in the gym and found out because entry was denied. This really pissed a lot of people off, as I discovered when I stepped out of my wing into the parking lot. The other teacher and both TA's said they weren't coming in tomorrow. Some of the other unit staff said they likely were staying home. I am suffering from sinusitis so not looking to pour some flu syrup on that, plus my wife and youngest kid have asthma. My wife is at about 60% lung capacity so I can't put her at risk. The Asst Principal texted all of us to make sure we put any absences in as a sick day if we wanted to be paid right before I walked out and now I know why. He expected it. He got called unprofessional by the director for emailing him that many of the staff were upset about the handling of the 'quarantine' clients. Man has no self-awareness. I think he might be more bent than our clients. Anyway, I called out citing my concerns and hoped they could get a test administered to identify this illness. Curious to see how it pans out as they will need people to watch the kids so they don't go all Attica on them. 

Guest Dekenba

Me & the wife are in the house, together with 2 dogs & a cat. Son is quarantining in Uni with his girlfriend 150 miles away 

I'm afraid to say I'm enjoying it. No rushing around, no guests, no important deadlines. Weather has been lovely,, spending most of the day in the garden. Got loads of DIY done. We both have a decent income & neither of us are working, so we've not had our income drop. Groceries are being delivered weekly, dogs being walked daily.

I'm reading more than I have for a long time, I'm actually doing some modelling & enjoying the garden. The sense of having time to relax, with no need to rush around in the car, is doing me the world of good.

I do feel some guilt about what's happening to the elderly, those with kids, those without jobs & money, healthcare workers, etc. Nobody deserves all this upheavel & upset, and the recession is going to be far deeper & longer than most people expect.

But I'm grateful that we appear to have avoided the worst of it.

• Administrators

Went out today with four friends and we had a bit of a range day.  
The first time in a couple months we finally got some trigger time. 
I guess you could say it was US Army WW2 day. Some serious WW2 history here  

M1903 Springfield, M1 Garand , M1 carbine, M1917, M1911

Maybe next week we do Axis Forces, then Commonwealth, 

F5A5AA4D-8AC0-4D98-AEBF-212A33E6CCD9.jpeg

• Like 7