The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

LSP off the air?

One-Oh-Four

46 minutes ago, krow113 said:

lol

*Post edited...

After I remembered that we're apparently forbidden to comment on the status and behaviour of other Modelling Websites.

Actually, under those rules should this thread even be here? Those who want information can go to their Facebook page

S.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wumm said:

*Post edited...

After I remembered that we're apparently forbidden to comment on the status and behaviour of other Modelling Websites.

Actually, under those rules should this thread even be here? Those who want information can go to their Facebook page

S.

Never used to be a problem when I was a more regular visitor / contributor here, a couple of years back. So, what changed? :huh:

I'm not known for trolling or inflammatory posts, so if the thread is deemed inappropriate, no problem: :admin: it gets pulled...

TBH, I hadn't even thought of visiting FB. I was used to going from LSM to LSP and back together with a lot of other members so thought that any problems would be known here..

Cheers,

Erik.

• Like 4

lol

i pushed the limits here for a while there a month or so ago , intentionally , not to push buttons but see the level of tolerance admin has here

admin and i sent a few mess backnforth all cordial

i like that we can say stuff and push it a bit without the holier than thou , condecending , and misleading antics of admin coming down like the proverbial axe of death.

lol

i like it here

lol

my comment was pretty benign

lol

dont want this guy on my back;

image.jpeg.e18b2218956f5a8f003c9ffbcf454007.jpeg

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Wumm said:

*Post edited...

S.

News to me...

But I am now 50, so perhaps memory is starting to fail.

• Like 5

I'm a member of both forums, and it's worth noting that while I see quite a lot of subtle animosity here for the other forum, I see none coming the other direction when I'm over there. Just something to think about.

Tim

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, biggtim said:

I'm a member of both forums, and it's worth noting that while I see quite a lot of subtle animosity here for the other forum, I see none coming the other direction when I'm over there. Just something to think about.

Tim

Except when some from over there, including moderators came over here and laid into us. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Except when some from over there, including moderators came over here and laid into us. 

Because the OBC will ALWAYS opt for a 'level playing field' ie: One that isnt reciprocal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, biggtim said:

Tim

Subtle animosity?

I must remember to try harder next time.

S

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Those lapses in judgement aside (and you're dead right - I've definitely seen what you mean), I'm only saying that being happy at the other forum being down because of a grudge is lame, and kinda childish. Outages hurt the members more than the mods, and I don't see why anyone here would be happy about that. I have not seen any such posts like that from the members there directed over here, but I may have missed them.

With a few exceptions, you guys are a great bunch of people, and I think we should be above that shit. Thanks for hearing me out.

Tim

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, krow113 said:

No-one here said they were happy.

Perception Bias. It fits Tim's narrative.

The actual difference between the Forums is in the substance of the actions of those running them.

Last month, a dual Member criticised LSP on their site for the way it was run. One of the Staff there called it "one of the most disappointing posts I've read in the past 13 years"

Conversely, here on this Site we have a dual Member criticising this Forum and attributing sentiments falsely that were never expressed; and the only intervention by a Staff Member is a short humourous and self-depricating post.

Just something to thing about.

S

• Like 4

• Administrators

Personally, I wish no bad or evil on them anymore Han I want it to happen here. 

I think there’s room for two dedicated large scale forums on the web.

Each is decidedly unique and each has its own attractions and benefits.

I happen to believe ours is the far better place for Member interaction and conversation, and they have a pretty decent database. But then again, they have been around longer and really push that end of it. 

They have their way of running it, and we have ours. 

One thing to remember y’all, is that the Staff here is all volunteer. We’re all human. We win, we lose, we succeed, and we fail.  We make good choices, and occasionally we make a bad one. If we make a mistake, we try to never repeat it.  But everyone’s goal here, not just the Staff, is to make this he friendliest and most rewarding large scale site on the web.

Most people here are cross posters. Which is cool. Enjoy the benefits of both.  Many miss a very important part of LSM, and that is armor. They’re not a stated part of the other site. AFVs are 100% welcome here and are fully 1/2 of this site.  And I think they need to be promoted more.  I know I don’t (can’t) build AFVs, but the work I do see is bloody amazing. 

I’d love to see more people from the other site come and try it out here. Not leave there, but come and have fun. Build, chat, have fun. Unless it gets into personal attacks, nobody’s gonna get all worked up. We keep religion (yeah I know), and politics away as best we can.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1