The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

LSP off the air?

One-Oh-Four

11 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Most people here are cross posters. Which is cool. Enjoy the benefits of both.  Many miss a very important part of LSM, and that is armor. They’re not a stated part of the other site. AFVs are 100% welcome here and are fully 1/2 of this site.  And I think they need to be promoted more.  I know I don’t (can’t) build AFVs, but the work I do see is bloody amazing. 

This pretty much sums up the reason I've been spending more time on LSM than LSP.  I build more than just 1/32 aircraft and LSM makes it easier to find stuff and enjoy the other subjects that interest me. 

Carl

• Like 7

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

This pretty much sums up the reason I've been spending more time on LSM than LSP.  I build more than just 1/32 aircraft and LSM makes it easier to find stuff and enjoy the other subjects that interest me. 

Carl

Exactly.  

Heck, an admin built a 1/48 bomber here and so am I. Nobody loses their minds over it. 

Personally, and this is just me, not the roolz, but in my book, generally, if you’re building the biggest model ever available of a certain subject, I’d not only call it large scale, but LARGE scale. It all depends on where you put the emPHASis when you say it. :)

And the more AFVs, the better.  Just don’t expect me to build them. 

• Like 9

For many years, LSP was "home" for me. I still take a look regularly, but LSM is a much more fun place. Maybe it's their size that causes the quick clamp down on posts, but the place (to me) has become a lot less fun. One thing that bothers me: on their Facebook page, nobody can initiate a post except the moderators.

• Like 4

The OBC dictates control , control at any cost .

And as many of us here are 'cast off ' from that site , how the f do you think we would respond to anything to do with it ?

If there ever WAS  a more useless non-productive thread or posting that NEEDS DELETING , this is it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, krow113 said:

And as many of us here are 'cast off ' from that site , how the f do you think we would respond to anything to do with it ?

If there ever WAS  a more useless non-productive thread or posting that NEEDS DELETING , this is it!

Steve,

I hate to seem under-informed...  but I have no idea what OBC stands for.  I looked online and found an application applicable to the Indian class structure.

Could you enlighten me, please.

Gaz

• Like 2

4 hours ago, krow113 said:

Well,... I asked a question because like James, I frequent both sites, couldn't get into LSP and thought maybe someone over here knew what was going on. That's ALL. Didn't think to have a look at their FB. Sorry about that. But aside from getting the answer that there were server problems, the thread almost directly evolved in frustrations that individuals had with other individuals ovah thah...

So yeah, in that regard, it evolved indeed into a useless non-productive thread.... I'll ask the Admins myself to lock it and/or delete it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Most people here are cross posters. Which is cool. Enjoy the benefits of both.  Many miss a very important part of LSM, and that is armor. They’re not a stated part of the other site. AFVs are 100% welcome here and are fully 1/2 of this site.  And I think they need to be promoted more.  I know I don’t (can’t) build AFVs, but the work I do see is bloody amazing.

What I often find on the other site is that when people do build armor, they act like it is the most daunting challenge in the world and they are so stunning and brave for attempting it.

• Like 4

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

What I often find on the other site is that when people do build armor, they act like it is the most daunting challenge in the world and they are so stunning and brave for attempting it.

I'm sort of that way myself.  I make it seem like I'm jumping into a pit of lava with no hope of salvation.

But on the other hand, I'm in the middle of a wooden ship build, which is TOTALLY out of my comfort zone.

• Like 5

Those guys hate my guts for sure, however I stop by every day for product info as I find that is the main thing lacking here. There are a couple people who I don't get to communicate with anymore from there as well, and seeing them chatting it up over there let's me know they are ok.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Those guys hate my guts for sure, however I stop by every day for product info as I find that is the main thing lacking here. There are a couple people who I don't get to communicate with anymore from there as well, and seeing them chatting it up over there let's me know they are ok.

Some of the mods might, but the rest of us don't! :)

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Ah, that explains why I didn’t know about it! I’m still young and godlike!

Although the godlike bit is more like Bacchus, I’m afraid....

I was thinking my godlike figure resembles Buddha more than any others.    If that's godlike, quick, tell my doctor who never shuts up.  :unsure:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Same here Smitty. Except there was a few members that didnt care for me too.... harv

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, harv said:

Same here Smitty. Except there was a few members that didnt care for me too.... harv

Personally, I’ve long since given up caring what others there think of me.  I have my friends, I have my good friends, and I have those I consider as family. 

They're all scattered worldwide. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1