The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

To go with the recent reissue of Tamiya's 1/12 Porsche 935, Scale Motorsports had announced they're going to re-release their detail set. 

https://scalemotorsport.com/collections/super-detail-kits/products/porsche-935-big-scale-super-detail-kit

It was more than double the kit price when it first came out so I'll be curious to see what it goes for this time. 

I had someone offer the original set to me for €750 recently....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, harv said:

I remember doing a 1/12 scale Porche years ago. I was amazed at the sheer size and detail....harv

The Tamiya ones are really nice and even though they're over 30 years old, still have some great detail to them. 

Scale Motorsports has announced the price for their detail set will be $850 US. That's a hard pass from me on it. Unless I happen to win the lottery. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The Tamiya ones are really nice and even though they're over 30 years old, still have some great detail to them. 

Scale Motorsports has announced the price for their detail set will be $850 US. That's a hard pass from me on it. Unless I happen to win the lottery. 

Same here Carl.....harv

• Like 3

• Administrators

That 1/48 B-47 will look real,y blood along with the B-36, B-52, and B-70. 

Along the same lines, I also have the 1/72 Tupolev 95, Antonov 24, and 1/48 Bone, all which will go nicely with the others, even if the scale is a touch different and Antonov isn’t a bomber. 

A Tupolev 22 in 1/48 might be too much to wish for?  

Displaying all of those together at the same time might be a bit real estate intensive.  Even the Tupolev 95 is massive in 1/72, dwarfing the B-52. 

• Like 3

Is it bad that I'm more excited for the Learjet than the Viggen? And I'm really excited for the Viggen!  Having owned one of their skyrocket kits before deciding I'd never really build it (and sold it on to someone who would appreciate the subject more), I can tell you the engineering and finish of the parts is absolutely top-notch. The presentation of how the kit is packaged for both part safety and visual impact is significantly more professional than any other product I have ever seen, and the instructions are very, very nicely laid out as well.   Those with Viggen preorders are in for a treat when they see the finished product with their own eyes :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

That 1/48 B-47 will look real,y blood along with the B-36, B-52, and B-70. 

Along the same lines, I also have the 1/72 Tupolev 95, Antonov 24, and 1/48 Bone, all which will go nicely with the others, even if the scale is a touch different and Antonov isn’t a bomber. 

A Tupolev 22 in 1/48 might be too much to wish for?  

Displaying all of those together at the same time might be a bit real estate intensive.  Even the Tupolev 95 is massive in 1/72, dwarfing the B-52. 

Thre is an excellent 1/32 (not 1/33) paper model of the Tu-95. Now, THAT would dwarf you, my friend :lol:

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Is it bad that I'm more excited for the Learjet than the Viggen? And I'm really excited for the Viggen!  Having owned one of their skyrocket kits before deciding I'd never really build it (and sold it on to someone who would appreciate the subject more), I can tell you the engineering and finish of the parts is absolutely top-notch. The presentation of how the kit is packaged for both part safety and visual impact is significantly more professional than any other product I have ever seen, and the instructions are very, very nicely laid out as well.   Those with Viggen preorders are in for a treat when they see the finished product with their own eyes :D 

I now regret to never have taken the plunge on the Skystreak, bot the Jetmads release and your sale, Mike.

I am however like you on the Learjet, and have reserved one. And I'm game as well for the Skyrocket, and the Ouragan, and the Trident, if they ever come to fruition. I am still reserved about the X3. It looked spectacular, but ...

Hubert

• Like 3

Ah the X-3, one of so many victims of early jet design let down by underpowered engines... a shame really.

I get the feeling there are at least four or five of us on LSM who would be standing outside their door waving money in the air if they announce a 32nd Clunk - myself included!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Ah the X-3, one of so many victims of early jet design let down by underpowered engines... a shame really.

I get the feeling there are at least four or five of us on LSM who would be standing outside their door waving money in the air if they announce a 32nd Clunk - myself included!

As I was looking for something else, I, literally, just unrolled a 1/32 drawing of the CF-100. I'd still be a taker, but , gawd, it is really a big, and I mean BIG, sob ... The other drawings in the same scale I unrolled at the same time looked small in comparison, even the EE Lightning ...

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Ernie would at the front of the line no doubt about that. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing how Jetmads does with the Viggen. 

I know of at least one other person here who ordered one as well.  Hopefully it’s worth all the hype. 

The renders and images so far do look stunning. Now kind of regret I didn't have the cojones to pull the trigger on the pre-order. Just too intimidated by all that resin but they are stunning in the splinter scheme, just raw power and functionality.

• Like 3

• Administrators

A Clunk in 1/32 would be mind boggling. 

It was a big, big aircraft, but it was a two seat, twin engine all weather interceptor, and carried a lot of weapons and fuel. 

It was also arguably the best, and for awhile the ONLY really capable all weather interceptor available to the West.

Plus, unlike many other contemporary aircraft, it was by NO means underpowered with it’s twin Orendas.  It made the F-89 instantly 10 years out of date, outperforming it handily in every respect.

It’s only flaws? A cramped rear cockpit and no air to air refueling capability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More Viggen news. DN Models is going to release a set of masks for the Fields and Meadows camo scheme. 

https://dnmodels.com/product/saab-37-viggen-splinter-camo-paint-mask-set-1-32/

They got some input from Jetmads on making it fit their kit. 

If you haven't used them before, DN makes some very nice mask sets including some custom ones they did for me. 

Carl

• Like 1