The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

On 2/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

To go with the recent reissue of Tamiya's 1/12 Porsche 935, Scale Motorsports had announced they're going to re-release their detail set. 

https://scalemotorsport.com/collections/super-detail-kits/products/porsche-935-big-scale-super-detail-kit

It was more than double the kit price when it first came out so I'll be curious to see what it goes for this time. 

I had someone offer the original set to me for €750 recently....

i have the kit and set but not for that crazy pric

Mark

• Like 3

You can tell I've been away for a loooooooong time when I had to read this thread through from start to finish to catch up on the news - Big shout out to Fran for starting the thread ... a whole bunch of news and opinions condensed down to 5 pages so far ... Lovely!

So now I'll throw in my 2 cents ... I'm waiting for that Whirlwind!! Of the advertised lot here, the P.40 is the standout for me ... as long as GWH are accurate - otherwise I'll stick with Hasegawa ... The Gladiator looks great also ...

I don't know if Infinity will have their 1/32 Val out this year but I'll be in for one of those.

Border look to be producing some AWESOME 1/35 Armour kits so far ... but with only a few (good to excellent btw) build reviews around the place I can only say that they LOOK accurate and like they'd go together well ... I honestly don't know how well Aircraft will sell in 1/35 - but I will say that if they are anything like their armour counterparts at least they should be detailed and accurate ... perhaps Border are already creating airfield vehicles and dio stuff in 1/35 that will suit them them?? ... I don't have any issues with 1/35 A/C ... I won't be buying them though!

What I WILL be buying - as soon as the suckers are released here - Is their new Tiger I (Early) ... Just had a walk through the sprues with MBK and it is delicious!!

I've said this elsewhere ... Tamiya really cemented 1/35 scale a while back smashing out 3-5 kits per year ... but when Dragon came along producing sometimes 5-8 different kits every MONTH they COULD have swapped it over to 1/32 easily and everyone would have followed suit ... they didn't - so we're stuck with 2 different scales. 

I'm about to go on an expedition into the world of Takom Blitz kits ... they are decently priced, look like they are accurate, have lovely detail and are a relatively simple build with link and length tracks as opposed to those rubber band things (ugh!). I don't care how detailed the DS tracks were for Dragon - in my mind they were a step backwards from Magic Track ... I suppose this Neo (link and length) stuff is a good compromise?? 

Anyway ... Kits I'm miffed are not here are:

Trumpeters 1:16 Pz.Kfpw.III Ausf.M and StuG.III Ausf.G

HGW's 1/32 A-20G Havoc

HK's 1/32 Ju.52

and can SOMEONE ... from SOMEWHERE - even Trumpeter/HobbyBoss (JUST KIDDING!!)  ... PLEASE kit a 1/32 Do.17z with BoB markings ...

Rog :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see you back @Artful69. I think it's been more of a ton of stuff coming down the pipeline. 

The GWH P-40 is an early one so very different than the Hasegawa kits. Hopefully It's good enough to put the Trumpeter one out to pasture. 

I'm waiting on the Whirlwind too. Hope it's as good as the recent Special Hobby kits have been. 

The Takom Blitz kits seem to go together nicely. I've built the Jagdtiger and didn't have any problems. I've got the Panzer III and StuG kits in the stash. The StuG has an issue with the commander's hatch in that one of the periscopes are in the wrong spot. Doesn't seem a hard fix. 

Carl

• Like 5

A reminder that the Lukgraph Friedrichshafen FF33L, a WWI seaplane is due soon. And the RWD 14b is even closer.

And Lukgraph have announced a DH 90 Dragonfly :wub: . A little brother for the Dragon Rapide, wow !

All 3 above are 1/32, of course.

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HubertB said:

A reminder that the Lukgraph Friedrichshafen FF33L, a WWI seaplane is due soon. And the RWD 14b is even closer.

And Lukgraph have announced a DH 90 Dragonfly :wub: . A little brother for the Dragon Rapide, wow !

All 3 above are 1/32, of course.

Hubert

Yes, very good news from Lukgraph!

• Like 4

It looks like Aerocraft has solved another of the issues with the Tamiya 1/32 Phantoms with a new canopy set. 

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/mcdonnell-douglas-phantom-replacement-canopy-set-for-tamiya-kits

Screenshot_20210307-181938.thumb.png.1d1b5045b46471d6e9f271660c2507eb.png

It eliminates the two piece canopy and frame for the opening sections which should be a big improvement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The only thing that i think that it could be miss leading is the fact that Brett`s review samples came with lots of adds-on (resin goodies and PE) that are not on the "simple" box... I think that those sets from HpH are aftermarkets.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fran said:

The only thing that i think that it could be miss leading is the fact that Brett`s review samples came with lots of adds-on (resin goodies and PE) that are not on the "simple" box... I think that those sets from HpH are aftermarkets.

Yep, but not too bad of a price. They are showing up on Hannants as well, but for some reason it won't let me add them on the reorder even though is says you can.  Well, that was from my ipad.  Let me try it from my PC right quick.

Nope.  Not even from my PC.

• Like 4

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Yep, but not too bad of a price. They are showing up on Hannants as well, but for some reason it won't let me add them on the reorder even though is says you can.  Well, that was from my ipad.  Let me try it from my PC right quick.

yes true.... but you can get the wrong impression of the infinitive box content with Brett`s unboxing video...

• Like 2

Just watched Brett Green's review of the Helldiver and she sounds like a winner for sure. What dives me a bit batty is the entire kit looks like an injection molded version of HPH's kit, including the box art. Detail resin addon sets look to be HPH resin.

Any news on what's what?

Peter

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fran said:

Brett mentions in the video a couple times that the sets are add-ons so hopefully no one gets caught unawares. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Just watched Brett Green's review of the Helldiver and she sounds like a winner for sure. What dives me a bit batty is the entire kit looks like an injection molded version of HPH's kit, including the box art. Detail resin addon sets look to be HPH resin.

Any news on what's what?

Peter

Infinity is the plastic model division of HpH. So it wouldn't surprise me if they used their resin kit as a basis for this kit.

I think they said going forward they will nol longerdo 1/32 resin kits except for very limited releases. Whether that means they plan to re-do their catalogue in plastic or just some kits I have no idea. 

Carl

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Given the complete mess the UK Post Office, and overall Cutsoms' process, are following Brexit, and the fact that they got thousands of parcels returned because of this Brexit disaster, Hannants do not allow any checkout for non-UK customers ATM.

Ask me how I know ...

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, HubertB said:

Given the complete mess the UK Post Office, and overall Cutsoms' process, are following Brexit, and the fact that they got thousands of parcels returned because of this Brexit disaster, Hannants do not allow any checkout for non-UK customers ATM.

Ask me how I know ...

Hubert

I think that policy is just for Europe customers.  I got a C-5 kit shipped to the states from them back in January. But thanks, I'll double check the current situation.

Yep, just EU customers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Hubert

And to think, they charge for such "non service".

Peter

In fairness, Peter, Hannants do not charge you. You can fill your basket as much as you want, but when you try to checkout, you’re told « sorry, no checkout possible at the moment ». 
Even if disappointing, this is actually responsible customer service. And they must be really p...ed to have to refuse orders because of a mess they have no responsibility over :( 

Hubert

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

And they must be really p...ed to have to refuse orders because of a mess they have no responsibility over :(

Not wanting to be political but. One man's mess is another man's justified cost of freedom from an undemocratic oppressive money pit of a union.

• Like 3