The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Modelling News 2022 (Merged)

Fran

Never thought I’d see a Wyvern in 32nd. I wonder if they will package everything together unlike the Helldiver with all the extra components. The twins are going to be very tasty but probably beyond my wallet………..but thank you Infinity for give us undeserving rabble such stunning models……..

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I like the list, but didn’t they promise us a Do.17z along with the Val ?!? … What happened to that one I wonder?? …

Rog :)

Good question Rog. I remember that, too.  Maybe one of the other Czech manufacturers are on it?  There's plenty of good stuff on the horizon for those willing to work for it. Nothing shake the box, but if you can build Special Hobby, you can build these.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

I've always wanted to watch the L-39 class at Reno battle it out.  It's as crazy as the T-6 class.  A bunch of equal aircraft jockeying for position. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm amazed every year when there aren't T-6 and L-39 bits and pieces scattered all over the valley floor.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Good question Rog. I remember that, too.  Maybe one of the other Czech manufacturers are on it?  There's plenty of good stuff on the horizon for those willing to work for it. Nothing shake the box, but if you can build Special Hobby, you can build these.  

Like I said … I like the list … and I’m definitely up for at least 4 items mentiond above (finally some early war Japanese carrier gear!) … I’m just wondering where the Do-17z has gone?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Artful69 said:

New 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc by Airfix … looks to have a little Zoukei-Mura inspired assembly to it … very nice :)

The Typhoon has a bit of that approach with the wings, etc but this seems to take it even further. 

My only concern is the quality of the plastic and the moulding flash. The Typhoon plastic was very soft and 'soapy' feeling and the mould alignment was poor on many pieces, especially the cockpit tubing which made it a pita to clean up.

• Like 3

No one has mentioned the ZM Bf.109G-14 yet so l’ll chip that one in … 

Also the Infinity Models gear … a Val and Kate to go with my Tamiya Zero :)

And a new tool Revell Hurricane.

Mods … any chance of pinning a list of gear and who is releasing it to the top of the thread - I think we’re going to be surprised at the amount of Large Scale stuff coming out this year!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1