The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Modelling News 2022 (Merged)

Fran

On 1/28/2022 at 9:05 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

According to Hobbyeasy, Beemax is coming out with one of the iconic F1 cars of the mid '80s- the Lotus 99T. The 1.5 litre Honda V-6 in this car made almost 1000 HP when it raced. 

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/mh0sxkkxcjhkupef1am6.html

Hopefully they'll have the correct Camel markings for it. 

Carl

On 1/29/2022 at 3:40 AM, Peterpools said:

Carl

I'm in as I was a big F1 fan back in those days.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

On 1/29/2022 at 5:14 AM, GusMac said:

Agree with you there Peter, definitely the best era of F1. Gave up watching years ago as far too predictable and rigged now.

Great days …

Murray Walker commentating with James Hunt … Nigel, Alain, Alessandro, Nelson etc …

1.5L overboosted turbos

Also a great era in Motorsport regulations - Group A (Eggenberger’s Texaco Sierras, anyone?) and Group C enduros (Porsche dominated followed by Jaguar, Sauber Mercedes and Mazda Sport).

Rog :)

• Like 3

Latest Jetmads News: I just received this email regarding the second batch of Viggen models: -

We are pleased to inform you that the production is in full swing, both 3D printed and cast parts. Instructions booklets, boxes and decals are being printed. Currently there is no change in plans to start the shipment around mid-March, after the arrival of decals.

Kind Regards,

JETMADS Team

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GusMac said:

Group B rally cars as well Rog. Although they got just too silly and had to be banned after poor Henri Toivonen's death. Those Lancias were amazing machines.

There are quite some on the market (Beemax, Nunu and others), most in 24 scale and a new mold Lancia HF Integrale from Italeri in 1/12. It's Italeri and therefore I'm not interested.
Tamiya is planning to re-release it's F1 Renault RE 20 Turbo this year in 1/12, as they did with their Brabham BT44b this year, which I had to have.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Beemax is supposed to be releasing a Ford RS200 at some point. That would be a kit I'd get a couple of. 

I haven't seen any reviews on the Italeri Delta so haven't made my mind up on that kit. Model Factory Hiro have done it on 1/12 but the price is almost a mortgage payment. 

Carl

• Like 4

Good news for auto modelers .. I've been collecting and will hopefully start building some later this year after the renovation.

Unfortunately, it looks as if Tamiya has abandon 32nd scale aircraft and will only continue the range with it's current lineup.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Well it seems to be raining 1/16 Panzer III chassis now ...

Another Pz.III ... this time from Heller ... from Scalemates it looks to be based on the vapourware Tumpeter kit that was supposed to be released in 2020 ...

1397389-72231-80-720.jpg.936a80e65299b55ea9d7b31a490ccdc7.jpg

So a vapourware company releasing a vapourware kit from another company ? What’s the launch date : April 1st ?

Or simultaneously with the Trumpeter 1/32 TBD Devastator 🙃 ?

Hubert 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Heller have already released the Stug III Ausf G so I don't see why this wouldn't appear. It's available to pre-order on a number of sites. 

My thought was that since the StuG was already out - there are video reviews - That maybe Trumpeter gave up on releasing the kit themselves and hoofed the moulds to Heller?? ... OR ... Scalemates have it wrong and Heller designed the kits themselves.

Either way Das Werk seems to have beaten everyone!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GusMac said:

I think you're right Rog, I'd go for Das Werk over either alternative. Just wish someone would do a sensible 1/16 Centurion as I'm not forking out £500 for the Tamiya RC version

I suspect Tamiya will release a static version without all the running gear and electronics in it for a lower price. The question is how much lower.

Carl

• Like 4

I remember way back when I stumbled upon the original Squadron Hobby Shop in Syosset, NY in the early 1970's and was amazed at much far the hobby had changed from the late 50's and 60's. But if anything can be said, it was truly an out of the pocket expense hobby, with for less then $5, you could buy a nice 72nd scale kit, paints and glue and even Microscale Decals. My have times changed.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 6

The normally well informed and reliable MBK (modellbau-koenig.de) of Germany has informed it's customers in their blog on 02.02.22, that Bronco has paused their production.
MBK is not expecting deliveries from Bronco and don't know, if this will be temporarily or permanent. 
Clearance Sale – Bronco Models (modellbau-koenig.de)

I think it's time to secure me a Seehund

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Saab J-29, both the B and F are available on Fly’s website.

https://www.fly814.cz/1/32-2

However, there seems to be a major cockup in the ordering system, both with the VAT charged when it shouldn’t, and with the system almost trebbling the shipping costs between the order form on the site and the Paypal link for payment. Ask me how I know.

Better wait that Jiri has sorted this out and refunded the sums unduly perceived before ordering. 
I’ll keep you posted of the status of my refund demand.

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HubertB said:

The Saab J-29, both the B and F are available on Fly’s website.

https://www.fly814.cz/1/32-2

However, there seems to be a major cockup in the ordering system, both with the VAT charged when it shouldn’t, and with the system almost trebbling the shipping costs between the order form on the site and the Paypal link for payment. Ask me how I know.

Better wait that Jiri has sorted this out and refunded the sums unduly perceived before ordering. 
I’ll keep you posted of the status of my refund demand.

Hubert

There's an online shop out of Vancouver that has great prices on Fly and Special Hobby kits (especially since they're in $CAD) so I'll probably wait for them to get the kits in. 

Carl

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, Fran said:

and finally Border Models.

Well after the 1:32 Ex-WnW Lancaster, the 1:35 Stuka, Border just release these two beauties:

1:35 DKM TYpe VIII-C U-Boat (its not the all u-boat)

272204875_944631186166537_5270895856598722075_n.jpg

272707530_944631682833154_3821826796079075182_n.jpg

And a 1:#5 JagdPanzer IV L/48 (early)

These are both on my wishlist!!

272686220_944055952890727_535632264463922659_n.jpg

Just saw your post of the 1:35 DKM TYpe VIII-C U-Boat!
All we need now is a boxed model of a 1/32 scale Sunderland flying boat, for something like scenes created by modeller Lee Won-hui 
https://imodeler.com/2017/11/1350-u-boat-viic-the-beginning-of-the-end/

Regards Iain