The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello My friends

MARU 5137

• Administrators
11 hours ago, blackbetty said:

...sore here is the place all you guys went. i find all of this sad 😒

We do allow people to express their feelings around here, as long is it isn't a personal attack or openly hateful.  
Nobody is trying to act sore, instead, for the most part, what you are seeing are personal feelings being expressed, rather than repressed. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Maru is one of the super nice people in the hobby and a terrific museum companion.  She and a group of the SIG 32 folks all went out to Pima together a few years back.  That was a lot of fun, running from under one aircraft's wings to another to get out of the sun.  Smart and friendly, she's tops. 

AND we share a birthday (ok, Ok, hers was a few years after mine...  FINE!  MANY years!) so how could she NOT be a terrific person?!?

Chris

Boy that was a HOT day!! I was soaked to the bone from sweating....but had a ton of fun with all of you!!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, harv said:

Thats why I didn't go...harv 

We really did have a good time because of the group we had.  Good to meet people face to face!  And Tim is as tall as he sounds!  :unworthy:

It definitely was HOT, and Tim, me and a few others had to sit and wait, in a cafe they closed to clean, for a bus to leave and bring us back to Phoenix.  I think we FINALLY got one of the drivers to take a group of us back while the others were still out in the boneyard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, biggtim said:

Boy that was a HOT day!! I was soaked to the bone from sweating....but had a ton of fun with all of you!!

I didn’t go to Pima and immediately wished I had. But y’all were truly baked at the end of the day! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Timmy said:

Maru = best cheerleader ever!

Joining the wagon trail from LSP and time to broaden my horizons.  Looking forward to another place to post builds and lurk around others.

Timmy!

Oh Timmy.

How kind of you to say so .

Hey did you ever get that Japanese  text used on your build?

Remember...

:)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

Oh Timmy.

How kind of you to say so .

Hey did you ever get that Japanese  text used on your build?

Remember...

:)

Yes I did.  Turns out it is the moto for the jet.  Since the jet was painted to represent the winner of an air to air meet, the phrase is Ultimate Fighter.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
23 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Almost as baked as Martin was🤣

I recall that lobby get together that next morning when we’re all gathering to head off to breakfast. It was mighty drunk out the night before.  
after supper the previous evening, Martin and I both headed to the wardroom to splice the main brace, and the next morning when I saw Martin,  he looked like he single handedly saved Chernobyl from melting through it’s containment.  Or, experimenting with a primitive nuclear device on his kitchen table. 
Me, I looked like I just crawled out of a bottle, which, in fact, I had.

Smitty and Martin were rooming together, and Smitty voiced a concern over Martin’s 10 degree list to port the previous night.  In plain English, he was truly shitfaced and it was all my fault.  We toasted everyone, and I actually vaguely recall us singing Russian folk songs. The Volga Boatman comes to mind…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I wasn't in the lobby that morning. William knocked on the door, didn't say much and left with a fair amount of dismay in his face. Later he told me that I answered in different language , perhaps German ?  

completly-normal-phenomenon-chernobyl.gif

Not dismayed Martin, it was fear, you were speaking as if it were a zombie scene from the Walking Dead. 

But Sedona was great, got to cool off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, williamj said:

Not dismayed Martin, it was fear, you were speaking as if it were a zombie scene from the Walking Dead. 

But Sedona was great, got to cool off.

Yep, I remember William coming down and saying “something’s wrong with Martin” or similar, and mentioning that he had answered in German or some other language. No body knew about the extra curricular activities we had embarked upon the night before, and I immediately said “oh crap I just scrambled his brain with potato whiskey”. Then when he did come down, I saw the shape he was in and said “Oh Merciful God!”  
Did Martin Hatalovic, the ex Serbian warlord (inside joke) answer in some obscure Serbian dialect known only to him and God?

Note to self:  keep Martin away from the bottle 

2E9D2EB4-F85F-43D6-A44C-F24627A20067.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On a business trip years a go, to Pheonix, we drove out to the museum - what an experience and even in the winter, it was blazingly hot! That same night we went to a "Dude Ranch" for dinner and a show by bus and were told to bring a jacket as it would be cold. The advice came when it was close to a 100F outside that afternoon. That night in the mountains, it was close to freezing and we spent a lot of time in the bus - like we really thought it would be cold!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, recon said:

I remember our dinner that last night and how Williamj did the Heimlich maneuver on Brian! Williamj you are a true hero in my eye!

mike

I forgot all about that as well. I was on the other end of the table talking to Radu and suddenly this commotion happens. “Nothing to see here, just a heroic lifesaving maneuver, that’s all”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, biggtim said:

Bottom line is that we need a repeat of that trip, since it conjures up so many fond memories! Nothing like meeting up with a bunch of people you've never actually met, and leaving buddies for life!

We have San Marcos this year and Madison next year! It would be nice to have another trip like Phoenix.

mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yep remember hearing about Martins weird  and wonderful ways.. his forked tongue after the night before...

*I was in bed when he came knocking on door to say hey its our evening meal tonight but I was feeling a tad unwell so went to bed*

and how his eyes were burned while he was out sunbathing by the pool(as I was) and when I suggested he wear his sunglasses, he said it will be okay   The Next morning he had eye/vision trouble and had "burned: his eyes..  Good job that was sorted ASAP  

It was an amazing  time spent with you guys   and remember  plying Richard Alexander with Beer after beer  just to get info out of him about WNW kits(when he worked for them  at that time)  it was night on impossible!! But it was a great night out altogether for that night out in the restaurant. 

Then we all staggered back to the Hotel  

:rofl:   :rofl:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I recall that lobby get together that next morning when we’re all gathering to head off to breakfast. It was mighty drunk out the night before.  
after supper the previous evening, Martin and I both headed to the wardroom to splice the main brace, and the next morning when I saw Martin,  he looked like he single handedly saved Chernobyl from melting through it’s containment.  Or, experimenting with a primitive nuclear device on his kitchen table. 
Me, I looked like I just crawled out of a bottle, which, in fact, I had.

Smitty and Martin were rooming together, and Smitty voiced a concern over Martin’s 10 degree list to port the previous night.  In plain English, he was truly shitfaced and it was all my fault.  We toasted everyone, and I actually vaguely recall us singing Russian folk songs. The Volga Boatman comes to mi d…..

I remember  that ... 

it was quite funny.

staggering into breakfast!!

:rofl:

• Like 2