The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello My friends

MARU 5137

So I am not really new as I have been a LSM member from   I think, September  2017..

I haven't posted  much on any of the forums of late , that includes this one, LSP, BM and ARC.

I just look,  read and go away.

Anyway it will  come as a surprise  to you Harvey, Cupcake or Smitty that I have been BANNED over on LSP..

MY Crime... none I can think of but being constantly  berated and told I was hateful and harrasing modellers (the moderator was truly wanting ME GONE ME THINKETH)in MY opinion picked on by one  moderator, I asked the Administrator  to close MY  account!

They don't " close" it.. they BAN you.. 

At least I don't have to feel scared that everytime I posted over on LSP I was going to feel  more scared!!

so here I am to tell you this.. 

Thank you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH &  EVERYONE ...

MARU5137 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 6

• Administrators

Hey MARU!  Oh wow!  I never saw that coming. We’re pretty laid back here, and we welcome you with open arms. 
I’m actually shocked to hear that, I thought it had settled down over there and things were back to normal. 
You’re loved and cherished everywhere you go and are welcomed here with open arms. 
No, we’re not as fast paced, but pretty much everyone here is passionate about model building. 
 There is room for two large scale forums, although we also allow armor and 1/48, and don’t even frown at ships and automobiles. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Welcome...hope to see more of your posts! I'm also a LSP member ...I browse there , but

don't post there. Recently, I accidentally deleted from memory all my saved passwords..

all 67 of them. When I tried to recover my password from them they wouldn't reply....

I assumed I was banned... but it turned out I registered under a different email. No

My only posts there were about a dishonest merchant -Internet Hobbies-and some paint

questions. Glad to see you're here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

As you have been here for longer than I, this cannot technically be a « welcome » from me, but I will nevertheless say it’s good to see you here and more active in the future ;) …

Like others here, I chose some time ago not to participate on LSP anymore, for reasons I will not elaborate more, but, even when more recently I sometimes felt things had somewhat settled, I was reminded by some posts and members why I chose to suspend my participation.

Oh well, forget LSP, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere of LSM, Maru :)

Hubert

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Wow Maru, I never thought I'd hear you of all people get banned.

We're definitely more relaxed here so I think you'll have a great time with the rest of us characters. :D

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Maru, great to see you here.

I'll echo Carl as I can't believe you got banned. I don't visit LSP often but I don't think I've ever seen you post anything contentious. I especially liked your thread over there on the music.

Gus

• Like 8

Personally, I am shocked over you getting banned Maru..... you are the last person I thought would ever have any issue what so ever. In all our correspondence over the years, about my dad in India during the war, and your mom , I have never ever seen a hint of anything that you describe. I moved over here a while ago as well, due to a LOT of negative chit chat over silly stuff,  that is non existent here.  I echo all the other guys, and say , I am happy you are here and look forward to chatting and seeing your input on all sorts of posts.....  Like Carl says, we are Characters :rofl:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

So I am not really new as I have been a LSM member from   I think, September  2017..

I haven't posted  much on any of the forums of late , that includes this one, LSP, BM and ARC.

I just look,  read and go away.

Anyway it will  come as a surprise  to you Harvey, Cupcake or Smitty that I have been BANNED over on LSP..

MY Crime... none I can think of but being constantly  berated and told I was hateful and harrasing modellers (the moderator was truly wanting ME GONE ME THINKETH)in MY opinion picked on by one  moderator, I asked the Administrator  to close MY  account!

They don't " close" it.. they BAN you.. 

At least I don't have to feel scared that everytime I posted over on LSP I was going to feel  more scared!!

so here I am to tell you this.. 

Thank you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH &  EVERYONE ...

MARU5137 

LOL MARU! Been there too (or should I say banned there too LOL). Hopefully you will be active here as we have a good group of folks.  :)

• Like 9

Fuck me!  Almost 22,000 posts and they banned you!  Un-fucking-believable.  I participate at both places, and regularly my posts get pruned at LSP.   ...but I won't claim that my posts are always perfect.  I returned there after the big end of WNW kerfuffle because there are a lot of nice guys there and a lot of info to be gleaned.

Glad you're still here, Maru.

Shaking my head...

• Like 10

Maru, you got BANNED?  OMG.  What has LSP come to?  I moved over here a few months ago and you will be much happier here, and I know I am not alone (see all the above messages) to see you here!  Good to hear from you, my friend and glad to see you are still about.

Happy New Year, Birthday buddy!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I just got off an hour long telephone conversation with Maru as well, and all I can say is that there isn’t a mean bone on Maru’s body, anywhere.  Oh, don’t get me wrong, Maru is a retired British law enforcement and as a result, knows right from wrong, but in all the years I’ve personally known Maru, there has never been even the slightest hint of scandal.

I’m as shocked and gobsmacked as everyone else here is.  Gutpunched, actually.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I just got off an hour long telephone conversation with Maru as well, and all I can say is that there isn’t a mean bone on Maru’s body, anywhere.  Oh, don’t get me wrong, Maru is a retired British law enforcement and as a result, knows right from wrong, but in all the years I’ve personally known Maru, there has never been even the slightest hint of scandal.

I’m as shocked and gobsmacked as everyone else here is.  Gutpunched, actually.

Agreed, Spent a lot of time with Maru at SMW in Telford and also in Phoenix at the US Nats.  We sat next to each other on the (long) bus ride out to Pima and back. Wonderful person.  Just can't imagine what that other site is doing...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Agreed, Spent a lot of time with Maru at SMW in Telford and also in Phoenix at the US Nats.  We sat next to each other on the (long) bus ride out to Pima and back. Wonderful person.  Just can't imagine what that other site is doing...

I guess we need to just remember that it’s their site and they can run it any way they wish. Much of what we do here is modeled on lessons and experiences from there. 
Plus, we’re more of a European and North American forum, with little to no Far East participation except from Nations with European histories… so without the multitude of world views and different customs, maybe we mesh better?  
Along with that, we’re Blessed with a forum owner who gave us basic ground rules, allows his small team to run it without much oversight. Unless we ask for help.  It’s an absolute Blessing to work and interact with the likes of y’all.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I guess we need to just remember that it’s their site and they can run it any way they wish. Much of what we do here is modeled on lessons and experiences from there. 
Plus, we’re more of a European and North American forum, with little to know Far East participation except from Nations with European histories… so without the multitude of world views and different customs, maybe we mesh better?  
Along with that, we’re Blessed with a forum owner who gave us basic ground rules, allows his small team to run it without much oversight. Unless we ask for help.  It’s an absolute Blessing to work and interact with the likes of y’all.  

And working with you and the other administrators as well!!  You all set the (right) tone!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4