The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello My friends

MARU 5137

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I guess we need to just remember that it’s their site and they can run it any way they wish. Much of what we do here is modeled on lessons and experiences from there. 
Plus, we’re more of a European and North American forum, with little to know Far East participation except from Nations with European histories… so without the multitude of world views and different customs, maybe we mesh better?  
Along with that, we’re Blessed with a forum owner who gave us basic ground rules, allows his small team to run it without much oversight. Unless we ask for help.  It’s an absolute Blessing to work and interact with the likes of y’all.  

Well...   Hafta say...   that all of my contentious thoughts and feelings from there have all been generated by  people of the same North American continent as I'm from.  Some people are just jerks.  I haven't had any trouble with anyone whose first language isn't English.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Well...   Hafta say...   that all of my contentious thoughts and feelings from there have all been generated by  people of the same North American continent as I'm from.  Some people are just jerks.  I haven't had any trouble with anyone whose first language isn't English.

Gary, I have to agree 100% with you there. There are quite a few of those types I hope I never run into. They can be quite insufferable at best, and total idiots at worse.  It’s a sad state of reality these days where some seem to live to cause trouble.  My point was more towards us here not having to deal with trying to figure out if what I might say as a compliment, could be mistaken as an insult in certain parts of the world. It happens. LOL. 

Oh, and BTW, we pay attention to what happens to other forums enough to know who the troublemakers are, and they don’t come here. LOL. Yet.  And with Jennings finally being zapped,  they seemed to be back to normal.  Until Maru got it too.  Crazy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

[…]
Oh, and BTW, we pay attention to what happens to other forums enough to know who the troublemakers are, and they don’t come here. LOL. Yet.  And with Jennings finally being zapped, LSP seemed to be back to normal.  Until Maru got it too.  Crazy. 

There are still a few more individuals there who display an obnoxious attitude (not necessarily to be equated with the individual as a whole, btw) …

My main concern then is not so much the PITA they prove to be, but the double standards applied by the moderating team: their buddies get a systematic free pass others are not blessed with …

ok. I’ll move on. This is not the place to criticize another forum. Mods, feel free to remove my post for the sake of « entente cordiale »

Hubert

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Maru my friend , just went looking for you on that other forum 🤧. Found you here instead.

What the Furry ?? I'll not repeat what others have said as I'm in agreement mostly , but I'm just amazed after so many years and so many positive posts , who the heck could get upset ? And by what ? 

Frankly I'm quite appalled , I thought it was broader church than that . At the risk of upsetting anyone it's only gluing bits of plastic together , what the heck is there to get upset about . 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi Maru,

can't add anything more than what others have said before me. It's always been a pleasure interacting with you on the other forum. Modern life is a funny thing, people type things on forums that they wouldn't even think about saying in real life face to face.  There is a lot of aggression and unwillingness to see others point of view unfortunately.  As Mr PanzerWomble points out - it is just bits of plastic, glue and paint, we're not dealing with life and death ! Looking forward to continued interaction with you here !!

neil

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Maru

Welcome back and so glad you will be an active part of our daily forums. I echo what all the guys have been saying and still can't believe that you, of all people would be banned.

Just a bunch of guys and now gal(s), who enjoy the hobby, the fellowship and the friendship we have on LSM.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Maru my friend , just went looking for you on that other forum 🤧. Found you here instead.

What the Furry ?? I'll not repeat what others have said as I'm in agreement mostly , but I'm just amazed after so many years and so many positive posts , who the heck could get upset ? And by what ? 

Frankly I'm quite appalled , I thought it was broader church than that . At the risk of upsetting anyone it's only gluing bits of plastic together , what the heck is there to get upset about . 

Truer words have never been spoken. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen, 

Thank you for a very nice, warm and supportive welcome....

I will endeavour  to come on here more often but at the moment I am recuperating from surgery I had just before Christmas. 

I did not think I could upset anyone but guys  there was always going to be one... no matter.

it feels good to be here away from stress and same old threads over on LSP.

anyway thank you a lot.

MARU5137 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

• Administrators
16 hours ago, CANicoll said:

And working with you and the other administrators as well!!  You all set the (right) tone!

And it’s all based on two things:  the good and bad we experienced elsewhere, and how we would want to be treated ourselves. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
On 1/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, nmayhew said:

Got a link to the thread that caused the aggro?

From what I understand, it was all a Mod’s hurtful and accusatory PMs to Maru, and then Maru brought it up to the Administrators. 
I’ve known Maru long enough to know there isn’t a hateful bone in that person’s body. 
 It’s sad to see this happen to anyone, but most of all to Maru. 
But, like I said before, they had their reasons and they run their shop differently than we run ours. 

edit:   One thing I’ll add here, FYI.   This is something I didn’t realize until I actually became an Admin and had to follow through on a request from a member to delete his account.   When a member requests you delete their account, their previous posts will then show him as a “guest”, and, I hate to say, will show him as “Banned”.  It’s just a fact. That’s how the software does it, and it’s not a vindictive or vengeful act on the part of the Admin.  There is a “Ban Member” spot as well, but either way still shows as “banned”.  Yep it sux, but that’s the software. 
Plus, if the member has been a member for an extended period, the deleted member’s previous posts will still show up, as they are out there in the ether.  Removing multiple thousands of that person’s previous posts is all but impossible to do because they have to be done individually, one at a time.

So no, I don’t think the Admin’s actions were meant to be hurtful whatsoever. If you request your account be deleted, it’ll show, (at least in the short term) “banned”. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Makes you wonder how they managed to bin the only British Indian on the entire forum who also had a 100% "good reputation " , almost like there's a second agenda for some MOD.

BS ..100% BS .

Oh well hope guys like tanks .

We are wide open to armor. Bring it on and maybe some of us will learn something. We have several gifted armore builders here already. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1