The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello My friends

MARU 5137

Long time luker (signed up in 2014 apparently!), thought I'd pop by and say hello to Maru, maybe I'll stay a while too!

For what it's worth, since the news broke on LSP everyone's response has been one of shock and dismay over there. The reasons are not being discussed in public by the Admins, but it's fair to say the membership are not happy. You are well loved by the membership, Maru!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Hello Vince.

I bet they're surprised  and shocked to find that I am a SHE and not a HE. I kept that quiet . ha ha ha. !!

:rofl:

Its very nice to see you here..

you were always helpful on the forums..

and apparently EVERYTHING I POSTED, like  threads, comments , posts on builds, MY likes and hearts  and  links in threads  that   I posted  etcetera have ALL BEEN EXPUNGED..

I feel like a criminal..!!

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, MARU 5137 said:

[…]
and apparently EVERYTHING I POSTED, like  threads, comments , posts on builds, MY likes and hearts  and  links in threads  that   I posted  etcetera have ALL BEEN EXPUNGED..

Ha ! But it was a lot more work in the « good ol’ times of Uncle Josef ». Can you imagine the amount of work it meant for Beria’s clique to expunge the opponents and « enemies of the revolution » from all the documents and pictures of the time 😰 ?

Hubert

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, MARU 5137 said:

Thats somewhat ironic given your career ! I thought you'd just worn out their emoji buttons 😂

I'm glad you've not vanished I always enjoyed your enthusiasm and care for the forum members . I'm also happy to have found this new home myself. TBH I won't miss the endless speculation threads and wishlists , which got tedius and detracted from the important stuff of gluing stuff together . 

FYI you show up as Deleted Member in the PM's we exchanged. 

Please don't go disappearing again !

Guy 

• Like 10

It all sounds like a major and unfortunate miscommunication mixed up with certain level of overreach . However. Let us not turn this thread into a pissing contest. LSP is a great platform and I respect that community a lot. We share common hobby, so please, let us focus on that.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

It all sound like a major and unfortunate miscommunication mixed up with certain level of overreach . However. Let us not turn this thread into a pissing contest. LSP is a great platform and I respect that community a lot. We share common hobby, so please, let us focus on that.

Well said.  
I’ve deleted people here at their request, and I guess it acts different than theirs. 
In the end, Maru is here and I’m thrilled 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Actually,  not that it makes a difference in the end, I beg to differ with you in this case, Ernie.

I remember well that, back in the summer of 2018, members who were banned or asked their account closed on LSP subsequently appeared in their posts as « Guest_xxxxx ».

Here, and that is true for Jennings as well, deleting the account means all posts from the member, Maru in today’s discussion, have been deleted as well, the only trace remaining being when the post was quoted in someone else’s post. Maru appears as a name and in these quotes, but her posts on LSP are gone …

So I suppose this is a different software they are using, because this process has to be automated, as I do not see how one can review and then hit the « delete » button for the 22 000 + posts Maru had posted during her membership on LSP…

Ultimately, it does not make a difference. As someone else said in this thread, their loss and our gain.
Hubert

That’s one difference about this place. I encourage respectful criticism, especially from those I know and love, because I’m not too proud to say that I sometimes make decisions not based in fact, or miss something I could or should have handled. 
Respectful criticism has its place, at least for me. Nothing may come of it, of course, but I won’t blow you up over honest correction. 
I base my decisions on personal experience and what I see as (un)common sense, but even those almost perfect people like me still screw up once or twice every decade. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Maru

Many years ago, I was a very active member on LSP, differences occurred, I asked for my membership to be cancel and left. Seeing you here now on LSM surely brings an abundance of sunshine and so many of our old friends are now following and becoming members.

Enjoy, be well and welcome to your new home.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, vince14 said:

Long time luker (signed up in 2014 apparently!), thought I'd pop by and say hello to Maru, maybe I'll stay a while too!

For what it's worth, since the news broke on LSP everyone's response has been one of shock and dismay over there. The reasons are not being discussed in public by the Admins, but it's fair to say the membership are not happy. You are well loved by the membership, Maru!

Good to see you, Vince!  Feel free to jump right in. We have a GB that just started where we made it so open ended that almost everything shout of a Panzer lV will qualify. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Good to see you, Vince!  Feel free to jump right in. We have a GB that just started where we made it so open ended that almost everything shout of a Panzer lV will qualify. 

What about a "Wet Pz IV" dio ?  :)

image.jpeg.22700c1c4465fceee794bc887202a573.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Hi Maru.........

Feared i lost your personal addy, found it again, and sent you a mail, nothing special, but didn't know you were active at LSM, i myself joined LSM quite some years ago, but almost never used it as a participant, actually being only active at LSP, but i might think this over.

Take care, and hopefully we'll meet some day in real time,

cheers,

Jack........

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Matt posted a reply on LSP. There are two sides to every story and it’s good to hear the other side. Sheds some light on it all.  
OK folks, let’s wrap this up. We’re beating a dead horse here. 

I can't see or read his reply but I agree let's call it a day.. as you said earlier their rules are rules. 

I think LSP is a good forum too but feel happier here here.

Thank you all for your support and look forward to 2023 here when I get the time.. 

Now I have to learn to post photographs too 

thank you Ernie 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

OK Maru, you trouble maker 😉 I 'was' surprised to fine out you are a she 😮

It took me about 3 seconds to realize it doesn't make a bit of difference.

I could say I miss you but now that I know you're here I can't say that anymore. 🙂

I signed up here in 2013 so I know most of these folks (how many are she's ?).

I haven't been around much because I just run out of time, a situation I intend to fix.

Abuncha these guys are here from LSP cuz I told them to get over here and say hi

if they knew what was good for them  :popo:      ... so , Hi Maru  :D

OK Harv, I'll be last ??

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Maru is one of the super nice people in the hobby and a terrific museum companion.  She and a group of the SIG 32 folks all went out to Pima together a few years back.  That was a lot of fun, running from under one aircraft's wings to another to get out of the sun.  Smart and friendly, she's tops. 

AND we share a birthday (ok, Ok, hers was a few years after mine...  FINE!  MANY years!) so how could she NOT be a terrific person?!?

Chris

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1