The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello My friends

MARU 5137

Well hello there MARU!

Was missing you- Took me a while to find you!  You didn’t leave many breadcrumbs, but people who love you led me to you.

I had to reset my password here at LSM (couldn’t remember it) just to let you know that I am thrilled to have found you here!
I haven’t posted much here, but I will now, knowing that this is where you landed! PM me and we’ll catch up! 

big hug

Pete

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Well hello there MARU!

Was missing you- Took me a while to find you!  You didn’t leave many breadcrumbs, but people who love you led me to you.

I had to reset my password here at LSM (couldn’t remember it) just to let you know that I am thrilled to have found you here!
I haven’t posted much here, but I will now, knowing that this is where you landed! PM me and we’ll catch up! 

big hug

Pete

Good to see you here Pete!  We gotta fly together soon, if the weather 'round here ever starts to cooperate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 7:51 AM, GazzaS said:

Maru,

I've appreciated your support over the years.  I'm glad you are here, and really pissed off that they have banned you.

Its always FUN and joy to follow your builds as the subjects are unique at times Sir.

Nice to see you, thank you.

MARU

• Like 4

On 1/8/2023 at 10:05 PM, PanzerWomble said:

Makes you wonder how they managed to bin the only British Indian on the entire forum who also had a 100% "good reputation " , almost like there's a second agenda for some MOD.

BS ..100% BS .

Oh well hope guys like tanks .

Maybe he was upset that the British Raj had to vacate India! 

MY payback !!

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, RockieYarwood said:

Hi Maru, I'm so glad to have found you again. I was worried about you when you disappeared from LSP.  I haven't spent as much time on LSM as I would have liked (7 years and only 15 posts, yikes!) but I will be spending more time here now...

My best to you,  Rockie

Hello there MY friend. 

Woo Hoo you're here too.

I am fine and in good health...

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:45 PM, Daywalker said:

Hey Maru!

Whoa, I did not see that coming!  I have also witnessed some rather nasty back and forth between members over at the other forum, but have NEVER seen anything but sincere and admirable behavior from you!  I have been a member here for a while, though honestly do not post a lot.  I visit the other one from time to time, and yesterday noticed that someone was asking where you were.  Someone said you had left, and I really wondered WHY?  I am sad to hear that someone (or some people) singled you out, as you are one of the most pleasant, thoughtful people I know on these forums.  I have to admit, a forum that treats Maru that way is a forum I don't really want to visit anymore.

Sorry for the long winded reply, it's good to see you are doing well here!

oh what a kind  and sweet reply.

Goodness ME that is very thoughtful of you..

Nice to be here amongst friends .

:)

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hey guys, one thing I’ll add here, FYI.  Regarding the actual forum hosting sites and software.
This is something I didn’t realize until I actually became an Admin and had to follow through on a request from a member to delete his account.  

When a member requests you delete their account, their previous posts will then show him as a “guest”, and, I hate to say, will, at least in the short term, show him as “Banned”.  It’s just a fact.
Here at least, that’s how the software does it, so it’s not a vindictive or vengeful act on the part of the Admin.  
There is also a “Ban Member” spot as well, but either way still shows as “banned”.  Yep it sux, but that’s the software.  If there’s a different way, well, I don’t know about it.  
I THINK LSP uses similar software to ours, just with different preferences, settings, and such.
Plus, if the member has been a member for an extended period, the deleted member’s previous posts will still show up, as they are out there in the ether.  Removing multiple thousands of that person’s previous posts is one serious major PITA and all but impossible to do because every single post has to be deleted individually, one at a time. That means some poor schmuk has to go back, page by page through multiple forums and threads, piece by piece, tracking down multiple thousands of posts, much of it in archived areas.   Plus, I’m not sure about all software, but they might even reappear later because nothing is ever really “gone” from the web.  

So no, I don’t think the final action of the Admin was meant to be hurtful whatsoever. If you request your account be deleted, it’ll show, (at least in the short term) “banned”.

I don’t however understand the IP block.  As far as I know, that is a separate action all on it’s own.  Unless they have it built in to their “actions” somehow.  That leaves me scratching my head. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Hey guys, one thing I’ll add here, FYI.  Regarding the actual forum hosting sites and software.
This is something I didn’t realize until I actually became an Admin and had to follow through on a request from a member to delete his account.  

When a member requests you delete their account, their previous posts will then show him as a “guest”, and, I hate to say, will, at least in the short term, show him as “Banned”.  It’s just a fact.
Here at least, that’s how the software does it, so it’s not a vindictive or vengeful act on the part of the Admin.  
There is also a “Ban Member” spot as well, but either way still shows as “banned”.  Yep it sux, but that’s the software.  If there’s a different way, well, I don’t know about it.  
I THINK LSP uses similar software to ours, just with different preferences, settings, and such.
Plus, if the member has been a member for an extended period, the deleted member’s previous posts will still show up, as they are out there in the ether.  Removing multiple thousands of that person’s previous posts is one serious major PITA and all but impossible to do because every single post has to be deleted individually, one at a time. That means some poor schmuk has to go back, page by page through multiple forums and threads, piece by piece, tracking down multiple thousands of posts, much of it in archived areas.   Plus, I’m not sure about all software, but they might even reappear later because nothing is ever really “gone” from the web.  

So no, I don’t think the final action of the Admin was meant to be hurtful whatsoever. If you request your account be deleted, it’ll show, (at least in the short term) “banned”.

I don’t however understand the IP block.  As far as I know, that is a separate action all on it’s own.  Unless they have it built in to their “actions” somehow.  That leaves me scratching my head. 

Actually,  not that it makes a difference in the end, I beg to differ with you in this case, Ernie.

I remember well that, back in the summer of 2018, members who were banned or asked their account closed on LSP subsequently appeared in their posts as « Guest_xxxxx ».

Here, and that is true for Jennings as well, deleting the account means all posts from the member, Maru in today’s discussion, have been deleted as well, the only trace remaining being when the post was quoted in someone else’s post. Maru appears as a name and in these quotes, but her posts on LSP are gone …

So I suppose this is a different software they are using, because this process has to be automated, as I do not see how one can review and then hit the « delete » button for the 22 000 + posts Maru had posted during her membership on LSP…

Ultimately, it does not make a difference. As someone else said in this thread, their loss and our gain.
Hubert

• Like 8