Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

New 1/16 scale kit

Very nice but I’ll stay with 35th. 16th probably needs a lot of real estate when complete. Also I’m still disappointed (albeit haven’t seen one in person) concerning the detail or lack of the amount of detail which I would thought would be synonymous with basically doubling the size.

Hubert please correct my maths to seven decimal places……….

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Very nice but I’ll stay with 35th. 16th probably needs a lot of real estate when complete. Also I’m still disappointed (albeit haven’t seen one in person) concerning the detail or lack of the amount of detail which I would thought would be synonymous with basically doubling the size.

Yeah I get it, 1/16th isn't for everyone. For me as I get older and my eyesight gets worse, I have been moving up in scale. 1/48 to 1/32 to 1/24 now to 1/16, boy if my eyes get any worse I'll be working on 1 to1, gheesh!

As for detail, my Trumpeter Panzer IV Ausf H is very detailed, as far as I'm concerned. The 1/16 Tiger VI Ausf E is very detailed. Yeah the tool clamps don't open/close, but you can make them work, very difficult if not impossible in 1/35. They do take up alot of space in a cabinet or shelf, therefore why I said there not for everyone.

Ron G 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Your wish is my command, dear sir.

A 1/16 kit uses 10.4675293 times more volume (and 4.78515625 times more shelf area) than the 1/35 equivalent 😉

HTH

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 3:54 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Now we need a 1/16 Me.323 for that. 

Reckon that would be about the same size as the cool little biplane TJ posted over in the 'My other hobby' thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlrwestSiR said:

A 1/16 Universal carrier would still be small. A Churchill would be cool, especially an AVRE one. 

Takom has a habit of producing small tanks and other vehicles in 1/16.

Such as the Type 94, ontos, jeep, west German wiesel etc....so, I think it's

a possibility.... Would be cool anyway. Riich Models has a nice Universal in

1/35 ....I've taken an interest in getting that one.....but in 1/16 much better!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 11:32 PM, belugawhaleman said:

Takom has a habit of producing small tanks and other vehicles in 1/16.

Such as the Type 94, ontos, jeep, west German wiesel etc....so, I think it's

a possibility.... Would be cool anyway. Riich Models has a nice Universal in

1/35 ....I've taken an interest in getting that one.....but in 1/16 much better!

Takom also does the Tiger 1 (AHHQ) and panzer iii in 1/16 scale 

• Like 1