The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter TBD-1 Devastator

hey, hey boys, nice to see you all :)

Fantastic build here Clunk, and I just wanted to pass my personal & public thanks to Hubert, without whom our latest set for the Devastator would literally not have been possible

looking forward to getting re-aquainted 🥰

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, airscale said:

hey, hey boys, nice to see you all :)

Fantastic build here Clunk, and I just wanted to pass my personal & public thanks to Hubert, without whom our latest set for the Devastator would literally not have been possible

looking forward to getting re-aquainted 🥰

Simultaneous post with Peter ;) …

And glad I could (modestly) help on this one …

Hubert

• Like 3

• Administrators
14 hours ago, HubertB said:

The pre-order link is here …

https://www.airscale.co.uk/#!/airscale-Pro-1-32-TBD-Devastator/p/572300117/category=153261775

Peter has really gone to town on developing this set.

HTH

Hubert

I will certainly give Peter with many of my dollars for several copies of this set.  Amazing stuff!

• Like 1

• Administrators

And now for a slightly less enthusiastic concern.  FYI, I’m NOT a builder of Trumpeter’s kits, so I have yet to experience many of the letdowns and pitfalls others talk often about.

Until now.  I’m a believer in putting your mind to everything you do, and whatever it is you attempt, you give it ALL you have. Slacking off or failing due to improper prep is nobody’s fault but the person who failed.  Trumpeter apparently spent the best part of two decades to get this kit right, and in fact, the plastic appears good. 
But then I run into crap like this….  And in case you don’t know, this is Trumpeter’s offering for airframe stenciling. I actually feel like they slapped me in the face.  Chinese lazy workmanship on display for all the world to see.  This garbage has soured me on their entire attempt here, a d now, I remember reading about how Trumpeter’s decals SUCK.  I now wonder about the accuracy of all the decals.  But, it’s an OOB build, although this garbage will be nowhere near my model.

Yes folks, that is Trumpeter’s idea of airframe stenciling.  I’m actually offended at their total lack of respect towards all of us.  

9FDC6954-92A2-4E21-BBFD-B2792B03642E.jpeg

1F328EB4-0DB1-4FB6-973C-13F2335E678F.jpeg

DDCD6E1A-8815-4DDD-9175-48892F08E4E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

Now that is truly shocking, someone forgot about finishing them off them somehow.

Cheers

Dennis

I’m not quite that charitable. I think someone just didn’t care one bit. 

• Like 4

OMG, the decals are a huge letdown and so glad to see Gold Medal Models is coming to the rescue. Peter's (AirScale) sets are also a must needed addition. 

One point we need to keep in mind, is the Devastator isn't a a new kit, designed so many years ago and perhaps (who knows) if what Trumpeter is offering in the way of decals was par for the course a decade or so again. Me, I'm just dancing in the isle I have the kit after waiting all these years.

• Like 3