The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

One of my favorite builds ever. I completed this just in time for New Year’s Eve, and it was simply enjoyable.  I was prouder of my Helldiver, simply for the challenges overcome, but this turned out awesome! 
“Ravin’ Rachael, of the 312th Bomb Group, 389th Squadron, Oct 1944 at Gusap, Papua New Guinea. 
1/32 HKM A-20G with HGW seat belts, HAD 3D seat, Zotz PTO decals and masks, along with Brassin wheels. 
As always, the finishing touches in the cockpit are Barracuda placards, and we’ll go back and touch up the obvious sins shown here on the camera. 
Period photos show huge dust and dirt build up on the tail and rear fuselages of these PTO kites.  Believe it or not, I may even dirty up the tail even a bit more.
Some research will be needed on the rear crew bottom hatch. There is NO detail at all on the inside of that door, but for a dimple in each corner.

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Old cranky modeller said:

I have this kit in my stash with the Airscale cockpit after market to include in the build. Your build looks great.👍

Awesome!  I went the other way, with individual Airscale dials.  How crazy am I?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 5:19 AM, Clunkmeister said:

One of my favorite builds ever. I completed this just in time for New Year’s Eve, and it was simply enjoyable.  I was prouder of my Helldiver, simply for the challenges overcome, but this turned out awesome! 
“Ravin’ Rachael, of the 312th Bomb Group, 389th Squadron, Oct 1944 at Gusap, Papua New Guinea. 
1/32 HKM A-20G with HGW seat belts, HAD 3D seat, Zotz PTO decals and masks, along with Brassin wheels. 
As always, the finishing touches in the cockpit are Barracuda placards, and we’ll go back and touch up the obvious sins shown here on the camera. 
Period photos show huge dust and dirt build up on the tail and rear fuselages of these PTO kites.  Believe it or not, I may even dirty up the tail even a bit more.
Some research will be needed on the rear crew bottom hatch. There is NO detail at all on the inside of that door, but for a dimple in each corner.

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

Sorry for the delay in replying, my ongoing condition has had me away from modelling again.

That looks really great and thanks for the information.

i won’t be starting mine for some time as I wish to make use of aftermarket parts and as I am now disabled and cannot work, it takes me some time to acquire the extra parts I wish to add. This is bookmarked though so I can refer back. 

Thanks again.👍

• Like 2