Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

A question about interest….

I have a question to see if there is any real interest in the truck builds that have shown up here a bit lately. I am asking for my own edification. I do understand this is primarily an aviation model interest site, with a few  tanks and the very odd race car tossed in. I ask because I don’t want to waste anyone’s time or fill the site with stuff that is of little interest. And I’m not looking for paise or faux interest. As you have seen trucks are a huge interest of mine and with a lifetime playing trucks this does become a passion . I just don’t want to bore you guys. You won’t offend me if you reply to this saying truck builds are of no interest to you. I will understand. Just curious.

Jeff

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Jeff, carry on I say, love the diversity of our hobby and I’ve learnt a lot from your builds ……..onwards and upwards……

Thanks Phil …. 

• Like 4

I'm with Phil, please keep posting your builds. It's not something I would attempt but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the processes and the outcomes you can achieve.

• Like 7

Thanks Gus, a friend of mine is doing steller scratch building ( not me, I can’t cut a straight line ) and I suggested he post it and he thought most weren’t too interested and that is why I asked the question. 

Jeff

• Like 3

Jeff I am not per say bored with them but I do like your weathering it's spot on!You have to understand I like you have been involved with auto's a combined 45yrs between retail and being an automotive machinist the luv has left the station :rolleyes: Hence the reason I like to cook,woodwork and model anything but a car just me that's all but by all means keep going it's just been slow of late it seems in the forum me included..........summertime...fishing the GOM.;)

• Like 5

I always watch these builds with interest. I like to see any builds, especially

if they demonstrate skills I'm not familiar with. I like to see the scratch building

and detailing of these builds. So, please continue.

• Like 6

Jeff, my vote is very much in the keep going with them. 

Your builds generally go far beyond "it's only a model" and get into the background of the vehicles and their many nuances. 

As for not being a plane or AFV,  that's fine by me. My stash is a healthy mix of a variety of subjects and I like that they're all welcome here. 

• Like 5

Thanks Kevin, I hear what you are saying about the lost love. I bet you cud build a detailed car that wud be spectacular with all the details. It took me a while to get back into the big iron and I actually find I miss them. I guess thats why I’m back to building them to a level, hopefully a little better than the first time. …. Cooking eh? Ok NOW we have to have a cooking thread, and share recipes , and Carl is the BBQ King of Canada. So there is a huge resource there🤭😆😇

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, my vote is very much in the keep going with them. 

Your builds generally go far beyond "it's only a model" and get into the background of the vehicles and their many nuances. 

As for not being a plane or AFV,  that's fine by me. My stash is a healthy mix of a variety of subjects and I like that they're all welcome here. 

Thanks Carl, I like your variety of builds as it , like the guys are saying , highlights your amazing skills. Always a huge pleasure to watch and learn. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

I always watch these builds with interest. I like to see any builds, especially

if demonstrate skills I'm not familiar with. I like to see the scratch building

and detailing of these builds. So, please continue.

Thanks, and your reasons are why I look at them all as well.

Jeff

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

I bet you cud build a detailed car that wud be spectacular with all the details

Jeff I got two cars in my stash 1970 Gt Torino(my hotrod) and I love the original GT40  if I get that urge a 67 Ferrari could find it's way one day.;)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Jeff I got two cars in my stash 1970 Gt Torino(my hotrod) and I love the original GT40  if I get that urge a 67 Ferrari could find it's way one day.;)

I would love to see a build on both of those. Especially the Torino !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wrong question to me, Jeff. It´s a modeling site and sometimes you have to generate some interest while showing something different. Be the advocate of your niche of the hobby. I can only add, I posted many strange subjects here, some where widely followed others less. 
With your quality truck building and weathering and your live time experience with the subject, it´s exciting for me to watch your trucks and other kits grow.
To me, posting a WIP is not only giving, it´s also taking, in form of background information, or input about techniques or skills needed and I was rarely disappointed. 
Like Hubert said :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

Wrong question to me, Jeff. It´s a modeling site and sometimes you have to generate some interest while showing something different. Be the advocate of your niche of the hobby. I can only add, I posted many strange subjects here, some where widely followed others less. 
With your quality truck building and weathering and your live time experience with the subject, it´s exciting for me to watch your trucks and other kits grow.
To me, posting a WIP is not only giving, it´s also taking, in form of background information, or input about techniques or skills needed and I was rarely disappointed. 
Like Hubert said :D.

Cheers Rob

Wow. Thanks Rob, I never ever thought of it in those terms. I have never really done any WIP’s publicly until Martin ‘encouraged’ me to do so and this site was ‘my first’🤭. I have always just built for myself and watched very closely to everyone else's builds in awe and hoped that one day I would have enough talent to turn out something decent. I only posed the question to make sure that I wasn’t wasting anyone’s time or taking up space. Also like most of the guys here I go in ‘spurts’…. I do aircraft for a long time and then back to the big trucks and cars. I have always thought that ‘my stuff’ is not good enough to be on the same site as the amazing talents I see here everyday. There are certainly no duff builds here and it is exciting to see whats new , daily.

I’m kind of glad I asked the question, and I’m sure there are guys rolling their eyes but as Carl said ‘a healthy mix of variety’ is a good thing, and I thank you (all) for embracing (my) passion. And I will continue to build and post. When I do, and if there is any question about the rigs ask as you usually do, I’m no expert but am excited to share what I know. Who knows, maybe one or two of you guys mite take a chance and try something completely different.  Many thanks for the feed back guys. My apologies if it was a  stupid question to ask.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Vehicles are definitely a GO, bear with us guys, there will be a section dedicated to them soon. 

oh HA that will be cool.... thanks Martin...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

I have always thought that ‘my stuff’ is not good enough to be on the same site as the amazing talents I see here everyday.

I feel that way all the time Jeff thinking my work is just so-so.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KevinM said:

I feel that way all the time Jeff thinking my work is just so-so.:rolleyes:

But it’s not just so so. Are we our own worst critics?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jeff said:

But it’s not just so so. Are we our own worst critics?

Probably I am really critical on my wood almost an obsession! I once did a piece of wood three times because of a .010" gap I finally got down to a few thousands and let it go.;)

• Like 4