The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

19 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Carl said no, so I opened it and realized that I was trapped into building grey jet by this cheeky Marine   Thank you Smithy, you made my day. 

7255F497-1E35-4645-B7C0-149C7056B93A.jpeg

More awesome generosity !  You guys make my day !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Carl said no, so I opened it and realized that I was trapped into building grey jet by this cheeky Marine   Thank you Smithy, you made my day. 

7255F497-1E35-4645-B7C0-149C7056B93A.jpeg

Most challenging and difficult gray paint scheme you'll find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

This just arrived from Texas, thank you Ernie. 

need to buy some more grey…. Just kidding I have all the Soviet colours in stock already :)

Nice one, I built that MIG some years ago, it's one of the best kits, I ever build. I only found the bang seats too big.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Got those too. Did you get the helmet decals as well?

No, I did not.  But looking at instructions now and they mention a 1/48 part number for helmet decals.   I’ll look into that.  Thanks! 

EDIT:  Well, I found them on HAD’s website.  321002 is the number.  Got to figure out where I can order them now.  Hard to search on the phone.  

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

No, I did not.  But looking at instructions now and they mention a 1/48 part number for helmet decals.   I’ll look into that.  Thanks! 

EDIT:  Well, I found them on HAD’s website.  321002 is the number.  Got to figure out where I can order them now.  Hard to search on the phone.  

I got them from Hannants. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I got them from Hannants. 

Ordered!  Thanks!! 
interesting though if anyone else is looking for these.  Has a different part number than the one I found on HAD’s website.  32089 seems to be the correct part number. 

• Like 3

After one and a half month in the mail and through customs, I finally received my first full resin plane kit, a racer. The kit is a beauty, the resin cast looks extremely well made. You get brass cast wheel struts and the wheel fairings are made of PE, which has to be bend with supplied resin templates.

This is one of my favorite race planes and I was really amazed to see, that S.B.S. model produces it in 1/72 and 1/48. As it took so long to get here, it's my modeling Christmas present.

P1000169.thumb.JPG.a5656c037e7f8e32f47fd1395a3bdca4.JPG

In the same parcel were some masks for my Tamiya P-51D, which I want to try for my planned NMF build. Surface panel masks and masks for the wheel wells.

P1000171.thumb.JPG.e2614deee9dde675954adda322553930.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DocRob said:

After one and a half month in the mail and through customs, I finally received my first full resin plane kit, a racer. The kit is a beauty, the resin cast looks extremely well made. You get brass cast wheel struts and the wheel fairings are made of PE, which has to be bend with supplied resin templates.

This is one of my favorite race planes and I was really amazed to see, that S.B.S. model produces it in 1/72 and 1/48. As it took so long to get here, it's my modeling Christmas present.

P1000169.thumb.JPG.a5656c037e7f8e32f47fd1395a3bdca4.JPG

In the same parcel were some masks for my Tamiya P-51D, which I want to try for my planned NMF build. Surface panel masks and masks for the wheel wells.

P1000171.thumb.JPG.e2614deee9dde675954adda322553930.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice! I see someone is a Hugault fan. Love the way he draws aircraft. And women. 

Carl

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, as I mentioned over in the “What’s on your bench” thread in  belugawhaleman’s post that I had to have one now, it just arrived.  
5383823E-1F94-421D-883B-B6042B488C6C.jpeg

Yea, instructions are very limited and lost in translation. YouTube to the rescue.  But man, this thing is going to make life so much easier painting wheels and tires now.  
I’ve been sitting here cutting circles like a moron on a tricycle.   
I’ll get the locator soon as well. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Well, as I mentioned over in the “What’s on your bench” thread in  belugawhaleman’s post that I had to have one now, it just arrived.  
5383823E-1F94-421D-883B-B6042B488C6C.jpeg

Yea, instructions are very limited and lost in translation. YouTube to the rescue.  But man, this thing is going to make life so much easier painting wheels and tires now.  
I’ve been sitting here cutting circles like a moron on a tricycle.   
I’ll get the locator soon as well. 

Wow, that was quick! Hope it works out well for you.....with my last build mine was a lifesaver!

• Like 3